“Excellent Horsemanship!”

Half Moon Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the best quality horseback riding experience in Montego Bay. We are located at the luxurious Half Moon Resort. You can enjoy a variety of equestrian activities: riding, jumping, polo lessons and the thrilling beach ride.At the Stables you will find loved and well trained horses. Our Guides and Instructors are friendly and experienced. There are activities for young chilren and adults alike, including our Pony Park where children can interact with different animals and have pony rides.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the absolute best beach ride I have ever been on!! I'm a professional rider in the states and I was thoroughly impressed by the level of horse care and attention to detail at Half Moon Bay. Normally, when I go riding in the Caribbean, I have to turn a blind eye to the health of the horses, but not here. All of the horses were well fed, groomed, shod, and tacked with properly fitted tack. The guides led the inexperienced riders, so it was very safe for them. My novice boyfriend was very comfortable (and he was very nervous before the ride). The ride was strictly walking, but our guide told us about the local fruit trees, birds, and fish. We rode to the Half Moon Bay dolphin cove... it was pretty neat to see dolphins on horseback! The horses were given a break at the beach and untacked and hosed off when we returned to the stable. I was told that they are only ridden once per day, unlike many trail riding stables where the horses are left tacked all day and ridden for hours on end in poorly fitted tack. There was one guide per two guests. I was very, very impressed with Half Moon Bay!! They do riding lessons, polo lessons, and pony rides too.

8  Thank Christie D

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was the best yet! I always wanted to ride horseback on the beach and a dream was now fulfilled! My boyfriend and I took cruise and did this as an excursion. Cant remember exactly the price but like around $70 each to do it and its worth it. Depending on how experienced a rider you are is the type of horse you get! Iam an experienced horse rider so I got a faster horse.

You go on a trail and then towards the end go in the ocean! yes the horse goes in the ocean! THE GUIDES ARE GREAT! LOVED IT SO MUCH

4  Thank islandsunluver
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Out guides were great and made the ride really fun. We were well matched with our horses and we had so much fun in the ocean!

2  Thank JMetteer
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Have you ever been swimming with horses? I mean out past the waves where the horses are over their heads? It is as exciting as it sounds and the professional staff leave you feeling at ease at all times.

2  Thank jrp01778
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Dr.T took great care of us with humour and attention, sharing his excellent equestrian expertise with our varied levels of experience... The horses were happy and beautiful.
The 2 hour ride with water swimming horseback was something you imagine in dreams. Fabulous!

1  Thank AirwaveMontreal