“What an awesome week”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Well let me just say it took a wonderful resort and wonderful people for me to write this review for our first time stay at Secrets Wild Orchid. For the past few years we have been staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun and let me tell you the scorecard was running the entire week we were there and Secrets wins hands down. From the food to the layout of the property, proximity to the airport (note - you don't hear the airplanes), the premium beverages, the beautiful grounds and and amazing spa this place is a gem. The one thing that I think i would call out as the biggest difference are the staff members. Everyone and i mean everyone is there to help and provide us nothing but top notch service above and beyond expectations. A special shout out to Leo (the most entertaining and attentive bartender during the day) who made a drink for me everyday to match my bathing suit to Dowaine who ran from the lobby bar to the club everynight to make sure we were always happy and Dwane and the rest of the most entertaining group of individuals at the pool.

The spa provided excellence service - one of the best sweedish massage services i have ever had and the food was very good for an all inclusive. No lines at the restaurants and the amount of options were amazing. Our favorite were the French and Italian options. 24 hour room service definately came in handy for us for either late night snacks or breakfast in our room in certain days.

The beach area is kind of tight, however we spent most of our time at the pool as the entertainment was just too good to miss and the pool view include views of the ocean so you always had an ocean breeze no matter where you were sitting.

The Coco Cafe was such a nice break to our day as it was great to take a break from the heat to do some shopping and have a nice cafe beverage hot or cold while doing some shopping...

What else can I say... We had a blast, we are in Secrets withdrawl as only being a few days back but will definately be back again!!!

Room Tip: No need for the Preferred option or rooms unless you like extreem quiet and to be away from the acti...
8  Thank Kelly P
Write a ReviewReviews (7,125)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I are from Spring, TX and we typically travel to a resort once a year. After 20 years of staying at various resorts we were very impressed by Secrets Wild Orchid. The staff was the most friendly and helpful group of people that we have ever encountered at a resort. In particular, Diedre at the front desk as well as Cherese one of the waitresses on the beach were exemplary. We would strongly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a 3rd or 4th floor corner room that overlooks the pool and also faces the beach.
1  Thank Jim D
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

It really great to note that you were impressed with our resort overall and took the time to post your review. Your highlight of Deidre and Cherese is greatly appreciated as well as your recommendation of our resort to others.

Thank you for sharing your review with us and please do come again.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was my husband and I's first trip to Jamaica and let me tell you it was by far the best vacation we have taken! We travel quite a bit and have been to Mexico, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia etc, but the Secrets Wild Orchid in Jamaica was a top notch experience. We decided to stay in the preferred club and overall really enjoyed it. Private bar, private beach and other amenities really made us feel at home. If you like seclusion then preferred is the way to go. My husband and I are in our twenty's and liked using the private beach, but to get the party experience we preferred being at the main pool and interacting with the other guests. Not sure if we would spend the money on preferred again until later down the road.

The food at this resort is some of the best I have had out of the country! I am a pretty picky eater but found there to be a wide variety of choices and nearly everything I ate was delicious. The jerk chicken cart is a must!! I probably ate that chicken for lunch 5 of the 7 days we were there and never got tired of it! Dinner restaurants include: Italian, French, Japanese, Seafood, and Jamaican cuisine. We also enjoyed the 11pm late night buffet that had an assortment of different snacks. Entertainment wise we also had a great time. During the day there were always pool activities/games and at night live music and shows. The resort loves guest interaction, so we both got pulled on stage to participate in the festivities a few nights.

The Secrets staff truly go above and beyond in everything they do and were one of the biggest contributors to our great vacation! Everyone we came across was so nice and anything we needed they were willing to help in any way they could. Cheryl at the preferred desk was such a delight and by the second day would always greet us by name. This extra effort she made was very thoughtful and made us feel so welcomed. Shout out to Erika at the preferred bar for always keeping our drinks filled and remembering what we wanted at certain times. Also, thank you "Oh Wayne" for making us laugh and keeping us entertained throughout the day. Dwight also provided us with exceptional service and was always around for good conversation.

Overall, you can't go wrong at the Secrets Wild Orchid or St. James. You will be pampered so much during your stay you will never want to leave. Excellent vacation and we will definitely be back very soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the preferred side of the Wild Orchid in room 1105. Great view of grounds and beach sid...
3  Thank 373ashleyc
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The resort is lovely and all went smoothly from beginning to end. One area that the resort totally exceeded all expectations was in customer service. everyone was lovely and helpful and a special shout out goes to Mackenie who really made our holiday special!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynnmay

Dear Valued Guest:

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your vacation from start to finish. It is particularly pleasing that your expectations were exceeded where customer service is concerned as much importance is given to this among other key areas of our operation. Your special mention of Mackenie is much appreciated as well and has been shared with our team.

Thanks again for having visited our resort and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I scoured trip advisor for reviews, as I never stayed overnight in the Caribbean. I came upon secrets as an alternative to sandals, where there were many comments about people having to man lounge chairs at 7 am. That simply was not the honeymoon we wanted.

We enjoyed a week at Secrets Wild Orchid in the preferred section. We loved our second floor ocean view room with a king bed. My hubby repeatedly said, we need to transport this room to our home.

The service is very friendly and welcoming. All concerns, if any, were addressed by an open-door policy of the staff.

In particular, we enjoyed the poolside jeopardy game with candy crush and mello. Roach and tameka of barefoot grill are the best. We had a blast. The secrets got talent show was fun. Loved the piano bar. Great circus act performed.

Now, people can choose to be busy bees or hang at the resort. There are activities to do, but this is a relaxing couples vacation, so keep that in mind. We tried to do something new every day.

The setting is gorgeous. The place is spotless. The food was ok. Shout out to the Japanese, Italian and French meals as well as the World Cafe Buffet. The coffee bar was a must do every day, and the supervisor there is a charming gentleman who adds class to the place.

We relaxed and enjoyed a very lovely experience. There were many other honeymooners there as well as couples getting married there on a daily basis.

I cannot speak for excursions, as we stayed on resort for the week. We kept busy with that. Others went to Dunn Falls, etc. I did not feel like I was missing anything by staying on the resort.

The room and resort photos are accurate,

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank 40nfab

This was our second Wild Orchid Vacation and I here's my little Thank You note:

Arrival:
Thank you Secrets Concierge team. You make us feel welcomed and well taken care of before we even leave home. And you communicate so well with the front desk staff that we feel well-known upon arrival. Plus, you make us feel like king and queen, even though we're just regular folks.

Thank you Melicia at the front desk. You've got a great sense of humor and an even greater heart. After an unexpectedly long and hellish day of traveling, you expedited our check-in and got us quickly into our room with so many unexpected treats our heads were spinning. You made us feel very welcomed, special, and well taken care of.

Thank you, Chris, the bellman. You took us to our room in style, and 8 days later, coincidentally (or not), intercepted us as we left our room for our departure, insisting on taking our luggage and securing it for us at the bellman's station downstairs. Again, we couldn't have felt more well cared for.

While we're talking about our arrivals, thank you Daemon, also a bellman, for remembering us from last year, and always having a friendly word, or a handshake, whenever we passed by your station. It's this kind of personal attention that really makes a person feel at home.

Housekeeping:
Thank you Devroe, the minibar attendant. You are a star You treated us royally for our entire stay. You are a lovely young man who went out of your way to ensure we had what we needed and then some! You truly helped to make our stay memorable and special.

Thank you Nichola, who kept our room clean and well-stocked. We wanted for nothing. And also, you'd recognize us in the hallway, even from afar, with a big wave and a friendly greeting. That just tickled us.

Thank you Marcia, for the fantastic nightly turndown service. You get a big shout-out from us. It's just so nice to have your room refreshed and prepared for the night, and you always did it so well; with towel sculptures, flowers, and a romantic petal-strewn bubble bath… Well done, wonderful lady.

Service:
Thank you Kadeisha, who served drinks on the beach. You knew us better than we knew ourselves. You'd show up with drinks before we'd ask… and you always knew what time in the afternoon we'd want to switch to beer. You played host to about 12 of us intrepid vacationers who weathered a beautiful and dramatic lightning storm on the beach - you made it fun and memorable for all of us.

Thank you, Lorenzo, waiter in the World Cafe. You supplied a VIP breakfast experience whenever we had the good fortune to be in your section. And your mimosas are perfect.

Thank you Wayne, waiter in the Blue Mountain restaurant. You waited on us the first night of our stay (excellent meal, by the way. The barbecue Mango and Coffee Chicken is sooooo good!). When we ate there again on our last night, you remembered us and greeted us like old friends, even recalling which table we sat at the first night, and what we'd ordered. Rockstar.

Thank you Manley at Bordeaux. You gave fantastic service for our special anniversary dinner that included a bottle of champagne that we never had to touch. You were always there to make sure our glasses were full.

And finally, Mr. Garfield. You remembered how I liked my coffee from the first day to the last (do you ever have a day off?)

Other Stuff:
Thank you "pretty mirror" in the bathroom. I've never looked so good in my life.
Thank you Jerk Chicken on the beach. You are the lunch that's ruined all other lunches for me.
Thank you Secrets sunscreen. You don't give me rash the way most sunscreens do. Thank you Gaming Jay Vegas. The best way I've ever spent a surprise torrential downpour is by winning $50.
Thank you Niecy Nash (yup, she was there). Meeting you was an unexpected highlight of our trip. Plus, you and your friends thought I was Gwyneth Paltrow, which didn't suck. (It was pretty dark at the time, though… but still..)
Thank you Creme Brûlée at Bordeaux. You know why.

To sum up:
We come from a service industry background, and what's clear is that the management model at Secrets Wild Orchid is working. Just look at the bulk of the reviews here. I can't imagine what it takes to give so many guests so much individualized attention. And how do so many employees manage to be so kind, in so many unique ways, to so many guests on a daily basis? The fact that you make us feel like visiting royalty at this resort is really wonderful. The fact that you do the same for so many other people too is nearly miraculous. So thank you, Secret's Wild Orchid management. Truly.

Room Tip: 2506 had a great view and the balcony was pretty shady, which was nice.
5  Thank lubytuesday1
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My man and I stayed here May 22- May 26, and it was not long enough for us. Everything was great. The staff was very friendly and always checking on us to make sure we had everything we needed.

We loved the all inclusive. We had never done all inclusive before so this was a nice change. Just make sure you bring money to tip.
We got the preferred swim out, which was a little too cold for me so we didn't get much use out of it. But it was nice for easy access to the beach and restaurants. The preferred was nice but a little too quite for us as we are a young couple.
The restaurants where good and it was nice to have so many options. We also enjoyed the night club and entertainment.
We've been back a week and planning our next trip November to Secrets in Cancun.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

I am really glad that you and your partner had a wonderful stay. The preferred swims out suites are definitely nice and many guests often appreciate the preferred club for the quietness and the extra relaxation that is affords them. Happy to know that you enjoyed the suite, our restaurants, and entertainment and look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks for sharing your review with us!