“Breathtaking Resort!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Lake Mary, Florida
“Breathtaking Resort!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I spent my 50th birthday here and it gets 50 stars in my rating. This resort is very impressive! Absolutely the place to stay in Jamaica! The staff were superb, Oraldo sang a beautiful song for me at breakfast, Marlene and Latisha over at St. James did a fabulous job at guest service. The rooms are clean spacious and beautiful. I would stay here 50 more times.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KIMWG123
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

It was an honour to have hosted you for your 50th birthday celebration and I am happy to read that your time was well spent. Thank you for your appreciation of our great service given and those team members that stood out to you most.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to welcoming you back 49+ more time.

Best Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,442)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Markham, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have been back for 1 week and oh how I miss Jamaica. From the moment we arrived at Wild Orchid to the time we left, it was truly an Amazing, Relaxing and Rejuvenating holiday that was well needed by my husband and I. The staff that greeted us upon arrival was very efficient and friendly. I have to give thanks to Renae, Kimesha, Tiahna, Makenzie, and Kevin at the Reception Desk. They were so involved in taking care of our needs. To the wait staff who always had a smile on their faces and the landscapers who tirelessly took care of the property even though it was so hot and humid. The food in the buffet was beyond my expectations, there was both variety and taste... it was well worth the weight I gained. The beach area was very clean and the water was also very clear. I will definitely be recommending Wild Orchid to our friends and family.

1 Thank betty270
Norwalk, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I and another couple traveled there just for a well deserved vacation. Secrets was wonderful from the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left. Everyone was so friendly and happy all the time. We were treated like we were the most important people there and I'm sure thats how everyone feels. The bartenders at the Sugar Reef bar were the BEST! We had so much fun with them all day by the pool we never really felt the need to roam anywhere else during the day. The Hibachi grill and Portofino restaurants were delicious. The jerk chicken from the cart is to die for and a chocolate BBC mixed drink in my hand kept me happy all day! We really can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the trip. I can't imagine anywhere else for a return trip.

1 Thank Noelle L
Burlington, Ontario
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I travelled to this resort in Feb. 2014 for 5 days. We have been to several all-inclusives in many countries...everything from 3-star to 5-star rated properties. We have a "policy" of never visiting the same place twice - this resort may just become the exception. I have only two negatives - the check in process took way too long and the lighting in the bathroom is terrible. Other than that, everything was excellent. We are "foodies" and were most impressed with the food which was excellent at every single restaurant. The no reservations system makes for an incredibly relaxing vacation and would have us choose this brand over Sandals which we have visited in the past. We walked in to eat anytime we felt like it and never had to wait. You have the option of eating outside at every restaurant which really allows you to enjoy the warm evenings and not be stuck in air conditioning. The Asian, French and Italian restaurant patios even have views of the ocean and oversee the nighttime entertainment which was wonderful when we chose to eat later. Service was excellent everywhere and the friendliness and sense of humour of the staff is second to none. The nighttime entertainment was the best we've seen and all took place in a beautiful location on a stage with the backdrop of the ocean and mountains. I even bought the CD (Shyam Moses you are amazing!) of one of the performers which I have listened to almost daily since our trip. The night of our arrival there was a beach party which was a blast! The skewers of marshmallows provided for roasting over the fires were a beautiful touch. The room layout and size were great. Big soaker tub with large-size good quality bathroom amenities and canopy bed and sitting area. We were on the ground floor with a large terrace we sat out on late in the day everyday. The maids did a great job keeping the room clean and the fridge was stocked daily. Turndown service was a nice touch. The bars had premium brands and bar service as well as poolside/beachside service was frequent and efficient. We really enjoyed the outdoor coffee bar and the jerk chicken cart that stopped by the pool everyday cannot be missed. There are barrels full of ice and bottled water throughout the resort which was brilliant and allowed us to stay perfectly hydrated. Excellent stay overall, can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Peetabeera
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The place is located right in front of the mountains and view is just breathtaking from every angle. I stayed in Preferred Club building which is the best spot in the resort. It has private pool and beautiful beach with nicer seats as well as beds and circle beds. Some rooms have pools right out of your room but it is a bit more pricey. However, it does not matter what room your take in preferred club, you probably will have ocean view, even better, mounting in the back too :) This building is the closest to all of the entertainment places such as restaurants, piano bar, outstage theater, and all night life. House keeping twice a day but sometimes they forget to replenish some things in the washroom like vanity pack (minor detail).

Food was great especially Seaside restaurant on Wed with chef that created special menu for that evening. So delicious, must have!
Japanese Himitsu restaurant must go too. They have regular tables and separate group tables where chefs cook in front of you. They are also very entertaining, they sing, dance and joke around. And most important, food is delicious. Make your reservation with Ruster or Marlin. You will have the best time.
Also the have Seawind restaurant that is a part of the resort but not included in all-inclusive package. It is worth going there and paying. Service is outstanding as well as food. Don't order too many appetizers or eat too much bread, entrees are huge there. Lobster was the biggest I have ever seen as well as fish plate.

Pools are great too, about 2-3 swim up pools. About 10 restaurants, 11 bars, many romantic spots, romantic dinners. A lot of entertainment during the day. you can book some activities inside of the hotel and for outside too.

The only DOWNSIDE was night life. They had one night club but it was not too exciting. The resort is more romantic and laid back. So if you are looking for a party place, it will not happen too much. It is more on a quit side. Great place for weddings tho.

Staff is welcoming, pleasant and helpful.

Overall, highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Choose Preferred Club option, you will not regret it :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I travelled to Secrets Wild Orchid for a winter getaway and were very impressed. The resort has so much to offer here are a few things that really stood out to us...
- cocktail on arrival with choice of bubbly, bottled beer, rum punch
- jerk chicken cart that roamed the resort during lunch hour...this is delicious and not to be missed!! small warning the sauce is spicy...but amazing!
- fresh coconuts cracked for your sipping enjoyment...also on a cart which wandered the resort...with or without rum?!
- chairs at beach and pool were best I've experienced at a resort...super comfortable...yes people saved them but there was always more than enough to go around
- entertainment ...there is just an endless array of things to do on the resort...listen/ watch the nighthly performers...head to the beach party....sit by the piano bar...play ping pong or life size chess...etc...or do nothing...what we loved is if you felt like having a relaxing night in your room you could do that without hearing all the entertainment underway...this resort has a fantastic layout
- no reservations at restaurants...therefore no time wasted making these reservations or having to keep them. You just showed up...yes a wait time might have occurred but no longer than 30 mins from our experience
- rooms were spacious, comfortable, clean, big soaker tub both inside and out and rainforest shower, better than average mini-bar
- the sunsets really were amazing and you could sit in some of the couple andirondak chairs and soak them in (of course coconut with rum in hand :)) and one night there was a saxaphonist that strolled along the path at sunset
- the landscape view from the resort is beautiful as well looking directly out to the Bay and into some hills

The not so impressive would have to be the food...to clarify I am referring to the dinners...the breakfast was fantastic as was the lunch (well we ate jerk chicken every day for lunch...but the lunch buffet looked good too). If you are perhaps a little spoiled when it comes to your dining experiences then you may feel this way too. Our favorite dinner meal was the Asian (we missed the lobster night) and although we found something to eat at the others they were just not up to the standards of the french, italian or mexican restaurants that we have been lucky enough to enjoy.

This is an amazing resort and the best all inclusive either my husband and I have ever been too...we definitely want to visit again in the future...and will most definitely keep Secrets in mind for our next all inclusive advetnure.

2 Thank noelle T
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went with me husband for our honeymoon and we love it the people were great; very relax environment. the beach have clear water and white sand. the rooms super clean and room service super fast and excellent food. the restaurants spectacular the only thing I didn't like about the restaurant you have to make reservations and sometime they have lines. we bless time we love it Beautiful ...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qbanmg18
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

It was truly a pleasure to be your host for your honeymoon celebration. I am happy to hear that you had a relaxing experience on our beach, enjoyed the food and service given overall. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I do hope that you will visit us again.

Best Regards,
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#17 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!