Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
The Tallyman Hotel(Montego Bay)
7,281 results
All reviewswild orchidpreferred clubpiano barjerk chicken cartroom serviceworld cafeour honeymoonbarracuda barsecrets resortbilly loveel patiofrench restaurantwelcome homeprivacy lightst jameswrapspreferred area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Having vacated at AM Resorts Hotels, Secrets and Dreams hotels in Mexico and the Dominican Republic since 2007 and always having * * * * * excellent vacations, we were a bit apprehensive about changing and vacating in Jamaica as we both love Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

However after speaking with Isabel Rueda once of the Preferred Club Dreams Palm Beach Hotel - Dominican Republic and now Preferred Club Manager at the Secrets Wild Orchid who convinced us to try Jamaica we decided to give it a chance and spend our 14 nights winter vacation at the Secrets Wild Orchid and WOW are we glad we did.

Everything about the place is excellent
* * * * * Accommodation
* * * * * Location
* * * * * Food
* * * * * Service
* * * * * Entertainment
* * * * * People
* * * * * etc. etc. etc. etc.
wonderful place, on having to unfortunately leave at the end of our vacation we felt so so so relaxed and will most certainly be going back.

Finally we would like to thank the management and ALL the WONDERFUL staff at the hotel for making it such a wonderful vacation, with A special thank you to Isabel for convincing us to try it and for her attentive help, Oraldo for serenading us in the morning at breakfast and Susanna at the Seaside Grill for being also being attentive.

We can thoroughly recommend this resort.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PGTF
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay for two weeks and were overawed by the excellence of the hotel.
Pros:
1. All the staff were excellent, so very friendly, helpful and polite at all times; the best we have experienced in any hotel. Special mention needs to be made of Lorenzo (World Cafe) what a cool guy, Phillip the World's greatest barman (Piano bar), Andre (gardener) such a friendly and lovely guy, Micardo (pool) , Jeffrey (baggage man) again, so very friendly and what a singer of Bob Marley songs, just loved him, Neurrine (cleaning) a lovely gently women ................ and so many more that should be mentioned
2. Restaurants - the best we have experienced in any all inclusive resort in the Caribbean and Worldwide. Do not miss the Bordeaux (French), Portofino (Italian) and the Himitsu (pan-Asian) and the Blue Mountain (Jamaican) El Patio (Mexican), Oceana and the Seaside Grill were also excellent.
3. Accommodation - luxurious, spacious, very well maintained, modern with an excellent shower. The cleaning service could not be faulted
4. Entertainment - we are not big on entertainment, but the house band, the shows (especially the steel band) were very good. The entertainment staff did a really good job are very talented and should be congratulated. Special mention of Cassie, a lovely, lovely girl.
5. Hotel grounds are very well maintained with lovely gardens, great views and comfortable, clean and well kept loungers around the pools and on the beach
Cons:
Difficult to find any.
1. A very trivial con, the Jerk chicken served from the portable trollies was excellent but served on too small disposable plates so that chicken was easily dropped on the ground. Use larger plates!!
2. House wines were good but the fine wine selection was very expensive

To summarise this is an outstanding hotel with excellent staff and restaurants. We will definitely recommend this hotel to others and will return in the very near future

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but go for a top floor room for the best sea vies
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was our first time to Jamaica- and our first time staying at a Secrets. Overall, was a wonderful experience and we've vowed to return to Jamaica often-- and as soon as possible!

We stayed at the Wild Orchid side of the resort and were glad that we made that choice as opposed to the St. James. The Wild Orchid lobby and pool were much more modern and full of activity and life. The check-in process was probably the low point of the whole trip. If you're taking an Apple Vacations shuttle, get off the bus promptly and head right into the lobby for check-in. They've got your luggage covered- and the longer you wait to head into the lobby, the longer you will wait (and wait) to check in. The good news? Waiting comes with a cocktail. But who wants to start their vacation waiting?

The service level at the Wild Orchid was outrageously good. Every single person- from bartenders, to bell hops, to entertainment, to servers...top notch. Big smiles all the time. Going out of their way to ask how our trip was going and making jokes/singing (everyone has a beautiful voice that works at this resort, btw, it's incredible). We've been to all-inclusive resorts before and the service level at this Secrets blew our expectations out of the water. The food was excellent- we ate at Bordeaux (twice) -- get the steak and lobster!, Blue Mountain for Jamaican, Portofino for Italian and El Patio for Mexican. Monesha was our waitress at Bordeaux and was remarkable and a special shout out goes to Ricardo, a waiter at the World Cafe for breakfast and lunch. If you can find yourself in their section, do it. The evening entertainment is wonderful and the outdoor area around the Piano Bar is a great place to sit, visit and listen to music.

The pool and beach are lively and the drinks are a'flowin. We fell in love with the Bob Marley drink (get one...or ten....) and the entertainment and pool serving staff is SO FUN. Leo is awesome, so funny. Hennessey and Blue are a blast. And SPARKS! Sparks is fantastic..we were sad to leave Sparks and wished she could come back to Chicago and hang out with us!

We took advantage of the coupons you get from the concierge and got $40 off a spa treatment each. I got a green coffee wrap and my husband had a deep tissue massage from Joan. He reports it was the best massage he's ever had. There's a cool hydrotherapy circuit in the spa that you get to use for free before your spa appointment. Make time for it, it was so relaxing and great!

Secrets Wild Orchid is a total gem. We will be back. Don't hesitate to book your trip here today!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My very first trip to Jamaica, I stayed at Secrets. The staff was so nice. Everyone made sure that we were ok at all times. Deidre and Clarissa made my birthday very special. They helped my boyfriend with his very romantic plans. I have stayed at resorts before but this one took the cake. I didn't want to leave. I hope to be going back to Secrets in the near future.

Room Tip: There was not a bad room on the property. They all have a beach view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I arrived at Secrets Wild Orchid last weekend, December 6 2013 to attend a special event and most importantly to celebrate my birthday with my wife. I was greeted warmly at the door by Billy Love ( I read all the name tags), who upon discovering it was my birthday, belted out an unforgettable rendition of "Happy Birthday". While Tiana checked me in at the front desk I met Homroy Peddie, houseman who from that moment went way beyond my expectation to make myself and wife feel extra special. He assured me "If you have any problem at all, just call". Homroy got a birthday ribbon wrapped around our door, and he along with Shernett made our turn-down service extraordinary. Flowers float atop the warm bubbly water in the jacuzzi. The room was spectacular. No doubt I am looking forward to extending my stay next time as I eagerly anticipate repeating this absolutely wonderful experience at Secrets, Wild Orchids.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple