“Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First, I want to say the only reason we didn't give this Hotel an excellent was the leaking shower that we has to call twice about.and the beach issue. I don't like to be to picky but there were way too many cigarette butts in the sand at the beach. I see they rake the beach each day but they really need to sift the sand once or twice a week and put some ash trays out there. Plus the man made jetties need to be spot check for trash in the rocks. The same trash was there on day one to our last day. Ok now for the good news...The room was beautiful, just as it was pictured on line. The bathroom was great and the shower was wonderfully roomy. Even the soap, shower gels and shampoo were lovely. The terry ropes were a very nice touch. We took advantage of the different restaurants and enjoyed them all. I have to point out that the best server we had was in the Mexican Restaurant. Her name is Felicia and if you go ask for her. She was excellent, my husband never had to ask for more wine, she always asked if everything was to our liking and was A+ with serving the food, very professional ( taking that little extra time to make sure flatware was taken away and replaced when needed and lining up the stemware when the food was served. Small things that really made an impression. I know the "best servers" are most likely in the French restaurant but this young women was far and above anyone we had anywhere else. And the food at the Mexican restaurant was great!
The French & Italian restaurants were very good I would suggest you plan to eat early if you want the best serves and food. We ate at the Italian and French places twice and found that both times we ate late the serve and food was not as good ad the early seating. The beach was beautiful except for the small problem I mentioned earlier. There were always plenty of beach towels and the chairs/lounges were comfortable which is important when you spent the day at the beach. The buffet lunch was wonderful...but I would say if you don't want to leave the beach just wait for the Jerk Chicken Cart ( wonderfully moist, delicious chicken) or take a walk to the beach/pool outside grill..the meat and chicken patties are GREAT!!! and the home made potato chip scan be addictive. And there was plenty of delicious drinks just about everywhere. The Spa....both my husband & myself had the seaweed wrap and it as truly relaxing and if you don't want to spent that much money do try the Dynamic Pool area the different water jets are wonderful and three different showers were fun, the warm to cold walking pool was different and it did as it was suppose "get your blood flowing"", the two steam saunas were hot and the dry room was HOT but nice....and the jacuzzi was so relaxing. We enjoyed the coffee /bakery shop and the soft serve ice cream as an evening treat. There are so many areas of the resort we never got too ( the water sports, tennis, the game area)...we were just so happy to go to the beach and relax each day. My husband did take advance of the weights room which was fully equipped and very airy. At the front desk area we found Antoniette was very helpful. Over all the people working there were all very friendly, the resort is very clean and if you need something they do their best to get it for you. I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet afternoon on your patio don't get a room facing the pool...other then that t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (7,139)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After just returning from our trip to this beautiful resort we could not have been much happier and wanted to let others know this place is legit.

After reviewing at least 100 or more resorts between Jamaica, the Dominican and Mexico, We chose this place for our destination wedding and were happy with all the services provided. We had a large group (26 other guests) who also traveled with us and everyone of them felt the same about this resort and I am pretty sure they will be getting some repeat business from myself and my friends and family.

Rather then go on and on about the resort itself, because I believe the website does itself well and everything I expected from that was either met or exceeded, I would like to thank the staff for their welcoming and friendly service that truly made this stay so memorable and enjoyable for us.

All of the staff here was friendly, helpful and welcoming but we would like to give a special shout out to certain staff that took it to another level.

Thanks to the bellhops at arrival and departure(Leonard, Jeffery and Daemon)

Thanks to the Preferred Club concierge staff in general(ALL of the girls in that department were extremely helpful and professional)

Thanks to the wedding staff(Lisa-Marie, Simone and Minister Terrance) - You guys made things as smooth as we expected and with multiple weddings going on the same day, you guys somehow find it easy to keep things under control even when bad weather threatens.

Thanks to some of our bartenders(Leonard Anderson aka Party Leo, Erica, and Chrisna) - Leo is the man and deserves a damn raise....lol....this guy brings the party and is always a good time, Erica was always on time with her service and keeps it professional and Chrisna handled our wedding without an issue)

Thanks to a few of our servers(Breakfast with Olando was always good and the man will sing to ya when he serves that coffee and the Private Dinner on the rocks with Dareus was the truth, the filet and lobster were on point and the service was just as good.

Also wanted to give a Big shout out to our bonfire entertainer, DJ Blu, the music was on point and the party was a highlight.

Overall I have to say that the 8 days previous to me writing this review was probably the most memorable time of my life and we cannot wait to return to this resort in the near future.

Room Tip: For the most part the Wild Orchid Preferred Club side of the resort is much quieter and more upscale...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great resort, great people. This was my first time to Jamaica, but definitely not my last. My husband and I had so much fun. If you are staying in Montego Bay, skip booking a bus, just take a cab. We waited over an hour for other people to land, only to have a 15 minute bus ride. We did enjoy chatting with the driver while we waited though.

Check in was a frosty reception, but other people around us were offered drinks and treated nicely, probably just the luck of the draw.

After those little hiccups, the fun began. Food was excellent, drinks were plentiful and service was amazing. Shout outs to Bruce (who came in early to take care of people), Happy Feet, Blue, Sparks, Tia Marie, and Genius from the Entertainment Crew. Kedeisha was awesome at getting drinks. Sophia, ( I loved exchanging notes with you!) and everyone else who took care of 2128 were amazing. Omar Black was very sweet. Brown, from maintenance, who climbed in his bare feet up a tree to pick out a coconut for me was amazing as well. Troy, who waited on us at the Blue Mountain, was by far the best server. Alfonso from room service, you are great.

Pool was great, towels were plentiful (other resorts we have stayed at act like towels are gold, so this is big). Beach is small, but still nice. We saw an octopus and several puffer fish right near the beach with just goggles.

We enjoy tipping for great service. If you like to tip, take plenty of singles with you b/c the service is great.

Don't get bogged down in the little things and have a great time. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asa212
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had a great time again. Food was good last year but even better this year. It was nice being upgraded to a swim out preferred club room as a repeat guest. The facilities are top notch as well as all of the employees. They really go out of their way to make you feel like family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great vacation that was needed and well deserved by me & my wife. Had a lot of fun and was able to relax too. Days at the beach, afternoons at pool bar & jacuzzi and nights at wonderful restaurants. Thanks to tuxedo Leo at pool bar & kedeisha at the beach for treating us so well! Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Jamaica itself is a trip but to stay at a hotel that has it all for a stay began expectations this would be the hotel to be. The class , service overall experience is one to best to beat. Secrets you will walk away to share the best secret ever " HERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO STAY NO PROBLEM MAN" they welcome you HOME & share the LOVE of the people & the Island. Regrets there is none & it only get better the longer you stay. Look to see you in lounge , on the beach ,or just getting annihilated at the pool with the biggest smile on my face, Say hello & join me. Until then enjoy the secrets of Secrets ...Norwayne

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I booked a trip to Secrets Wild Orchid resort in Jamaica with another couple and absolutely loved this resort. If you are looking for an adults only all inclusive resort, we highly recommend this one. The staff was friendly and took care of us from the moment we exited the taxi from the airport. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a great view of the ocean and found ourselves lounging at the pool for most of the day. Kedesia and "Tuxedo Larry" took great care of us at the Poolside Bar "Manatees", they remembered our names and brought us drinks whenever our glass was empty. Every evening a different kind of entertainment (singing, dancing, acrobatics...) was available out under the stars. One of my favorites was a night we sat eating dinner outside at the Himitsu (Japanese restaurant) and listened to Shyam Moses sing and play his guitar. It was very romantic. We also visited the spa and had massages. Overall an A+ experience for anyone looking to have a relaxing quiet and pampered vacation. We hope to book another vacation there in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple