Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
View Hotel
The Tallyman Hotel(Montego Bay)
7,277 results
All reviewswild orchidpreferred clubpiano barjerk chicken cartroom serviceworld cafeour honeymoonbarracuda barsecrets resortbilly loveel patiofrench restaurantwelcome homeprivacy lightst jameswrapspreferred area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a very positive experience at Secrets St James/Wild Orchid! The grounds were very well kept and the staff was always smiling! We were part of a group of 16, with eight total rooms all of which were on the St James side. The first half of our stay we were in room 4416 (St James)...very nice and clean room with a fabulous view! Some of the others had rooms on different levels and all were very pleased. However, I would recommend a higher room because of the view. It was well stocked and had everything we needed. The only complaint was the air conditioning only stayed on when there was motion in the room, thankfully it was cool enough to not be a problem for me. We arrived a day before the rest of our group and were greeted by Joseph who was amazing! He was happy and attentive as well as super informative! It was because of him we had an even better experience at Secrets! We all upgraded to the Preferred Club and we think it was well worth it! There was easy check in and out in the Preferred Club, as well as a fully stocked Preferred Club lounge with liquor and hors d’oeuvres! Great for a quick snack without going to a restaurant. The St James rooms were on the opposite side of the property as the restaurants and bars so it was quiet and relaxing, but not too far away either. The Preferred Club pool on both sides always had floats and lounge chairs and was peaceful! If you wanted some action it was a short two minute walk away, but the option was nice. The Preferred Club Manager Isabel was an absolute ANGEL! She was aware of our group coming in the next day and she went above and beyond to make it special and memorable. Her staff, including Norolia, Shonieka, Monica, Stephnine, Shellane and Jeremy (sorry for spelling) ALL made check in for our big group painless and they greeted them with a gift from us, drinks and welcomed them home. They also gave special attention to a few in our group with banners and special touches to their rooms prior to their arrival. Now, our butlers…Patrick, Refinesha, and Michael…they were all professional and accommodating we couldn’t have asked for more. They paid attention to every detail! We moved over to Wild Orchid side (room 1107) for the last three days of our stay. It seems to be the best suite on the WO side. Patrick, Refinesha, and Michael made it a breeze! Michael was able to keep our belongings dry in the rain during the move, and did it with a smile! And this room was just as clean and beautiful as the other room. I didn’t think I would like the swim up room but it was on the corner and very very nice! We had a cocktail party in our room for our entire group of 16 and it was not cramped at all. Isabel, Michael and Refinesha made it just perfect by providing food and drinks for us all and were very willing to get us all that we needed! As far as the beach, it was private and relaxing and safe. The water was clear, even in the deeper waters. The activities were all great and we never left the resort. No need to leave. The drinks were plentiful and the Jerk Chicken cart was some of the best chicken I have ever had. All the food and restaurants were excellent except for the Mexican, yuck. Himitsu was the most fun and thankfully we had our Butlers make our reservation for our big group. Saturday night was Lobster night and I was truly impressed! They were not skimpy and there were lots of choices on how the lobster was prepared. I loved it! The breakfast every morning was wonderful as well, lots of choices and the fruit was fresh and amazing! Room service was quick and delish for the 3 am munchies! We loved the entertainment staff, they were all happy and fun. Desires had some great music and dancing. I read in the reviews before we went that people complained of cats on the property…I only saw one cat. There is not a cat problem. The only complaint other than the Mexican food was horrible is the Jacuzzi did not get hot, which was disappointing to me but with all the other great amenities, I can’t complain. The spa was all that I wished for and more, I left there refreshed and more relaxed than I have been in a long time. The staff there was just wonderful!

Isabel is not just the Preferred Club Manager, she truly acted as if we were family. She is the number one reason I will return to Secrets Montego Bay! Thank you Isabel, hope to see you very soon! Mia

Room Tip: 1107 swim up room was very nice corner suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mia B
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We just returned from our second trip to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay and it did not disappoint!! The staff was wonderful in every way. We met wonderful people and had wonderful meals. The steak and lobster at the Bordeaux was so amazing we had it twice. The activities were also a blast! Special shout out to Bon Jovi on the entertainment staff - he is the best!! We also had a great concierge in Tashana! We really enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to plan out next trip!!!

1  Thank Irish2006
Reviewed November 11, 2013

we booked fully paid just under a month ago. they called our travel agent just over a week of us flying there to let us know that THEY over booked and they are canceling us. our whole work schedules changed, i flew back from asia changed my work schdule.... by this time every other place we could want to go to was all booked up or atleast another $1000 more, so now we are scrambling because its the only time slot we have and like i was saying our whole schedule was already moved around for this vacation

all they give us are 3 options...
1. offer us a lower end resort for the cost of what we have ALREADY paid and $100 Gift cert from west jet.
2. change resort or dates and they will not charge us a processing fee(oh gee thanks) at whatever the going rate for whatever resort has to offer and charge but adding no compensation
3. fully cancel our trip and will give us a full refund with no cancellation charge( once again thanks) .....

what the [---]? this is the most unprofessional company i have ever had to deal with....

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank krispynao
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned after staying Nov. 1-7. Everyone at the resort could not have been nicer. We stayed on the Preferred side, (which I would recommend). You can still walk to the other beaches, pools, and bars, but if you want a quieter atmosphere, the preferred side is the way to go. (free Wi-Fi, all day noshing and make your own cocktails in the private lounge area). Several restaurants and bars to select from for every taste. Blue Mountain offers a huge buffet for breakfast and for dinner,we thought the best were Bourdeaux (French) and Himitsu (hibachi). We weren't highly impressed with the food at dinner, unfortunately. There is a jerk chicken cart that's always around the resort which I developed an addiction to...highly recommended! Bring lots of singles and fives with you. If you want to tip (either on property of off), the resort has very little cash on hand for which to make change. There are water sports to take part in, and games by the pool. One Monday night we walked past the beach where they had a large TV screen showing Monday night football with chairs laid out, and a buffet. Hats off to Danien (in charge of our honor bar), Kedene (who we kept very busy poolside cocktailing!) Decarish, our cab driver who drove us all over Negril and found a great jerk chicken place for lunch, and of course Isabel, the preferred club manager, who went out of her way to make sure we were all happy and with whom I felt an instant friendship. The entire staff and the people of Jamaica are the friendliest and most polite. How could you ever be in a bad mood? We look forward to another stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the preferred side in room 1417, top floor. Waiting for an elevator was never an issue, and I liked how quiet it was on that side. I know the swim up rooms are popular, but you're on the ground floor, where people can walk right by and look in. Also, the pool workers are out cleaning at 7:00 and they are RIGHT by your sliding glass door.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay at Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
We came as a gift to my wife for her birthday. We did have a good time and it was very relaxing. BUT the resort has some real issues with customer service that they should really address. Services that were advertised throughout the hotel were either not available or mishandled. These include the following experiences:

My wife's massage and spa experience on her birthday was definitely not worth the money. It was supposed to be two hours combined spa and massage. She spent 5 minutes in the spa before she was moved into a small room and asked to wait for her masseuse to arrive. 30 minutes later when she went to complain about the wait the women who worked at the spa desk did not care much and just told her to wait some more. Did I mention that I had called the day before and made a reservation for her and mentioned it was her birthday?. They could not have cared less. The only saving grace was the massage itself which according to her was good.

other highlights included:

It was easier to find ganja at this resort then to buy a nice bottle of white wine. The resort
advertises and has a whole wine list supposedly available but it took me 1 1/2 hours to get a bottle and no this doesn't mean waiting for room service, it means walking around physically trying to procure one from a number of incompetent managers of restaurants and the front desk only to be finally told we don't have the bottle you want. We had to select another bottle
that was more expensive.

The check-in process was very confusing. We were very tired when we got to the hotel and just wanted to check-in and go upstairs. Unfortunately Secrets Resorts likes to sit you down with a representative of the resort under the guise of helping you plan your vacation, our rep was named Omar Black. What they really want is to get you to sign up for a 90 minute presentation/breakfast about purchasing timeshares at one of there many resorts. We did sign up but decided to not attend the session the following day because we paid good money to go on vacation and did not want to bother with a sales pitch. The following night Omar runs after my wife and I yelling my name and engages us in a very weird awkward conversation about why we did not show up for the meeting. I have never had a hotel employee give me a hard time about how I spend my vacation at there resort and this really pissed me off so I am calling him out for that.

We were offered and asked for a hibachi reservation at the Hitmitsu restaurant that never materialized, the food also sucked so we just left after our appetizers.

I could go on but i will stop as I think I have made my point.
The resort did have some pros going for it including a good breakfast buffet and beautiful grounds. The swimming pools were nice, most of the food we ate for dinner at the restaurants was pretty good and some was delicious. The bed's are comfy, the rooms are clean and the ac works.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the preferred club it's not worth the money.
6  Thank zachstar