“AMAZING!”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Me & my partner stayed here for 2 weeks in September & didn't have 1 fault. The hotel is so clean & staff never walk past without smiling & saying hello. We upgraded when we got there & the room was fantastic on the top floor ocean view. People that moan about this place need to have a good look at themselves yes nothing's perfect but this is not far from perfect. The staff that made our holiday are the ones at sugar reef bar ALVIN (talk to me I'm listening) LEO ALWAYNE CORDIFF GODFREY KEMAR AVION SIMONE SHADANE also the bell boys JOSEPH & GARFIELD. Would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vikki w
Write a ReviewReviews (6,979)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my fourth trip to Jamaica in 5 years. The staff was friendly and accommodating. BEWARE you may get caught in their timeshare pitch. Other than having to dodge their requests to have me participate in the time share breakfast our trip was very enjoyable. The weather was just right, the food was better than most, and our room was perfect. The entertainment was good as well. I definitely would recommend the rooms with the swim up pool. Our room was well worth the money.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days between 22nd September and 2nd October,it's a nice hotel good for short breaks, after a week it was a tad boring. The staff are extremely friendly and tipping the maid definitely gets your room cleaned better! The food was good and the views lovely, there are films shown on an outdoor screen in the evenings. For a romantic break this is ideal the only spoiler are the group's that visit who get extremely drunk and loud around the pool at times. I wouldn't return only because there are so many other lovely hotels in Jamaica to visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ackeevurl
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had a great time at Secrets! I was traveling with a group of 8, and we were well taken care of. The staff was incredibly attentive, and the spa was amazing. There was plenty to do, and lots of space at the pools/beaches so you don't feel on top of people. Hang out on the pool deck with Kedasha, the 'queen of the deck'! She took great care of us!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A bit underwhelming i would have to say. When you go to a new place, you will always make comparisons. It's human nature. Previously vacationed in Cancun, Mexico so the bar was already set pretty high.
Having been to Montego Bay, i would like to say that i could tell you a lot about trips and the island............but i cant. We did not go on one trip in the two weeks and found ourselves confined to the resort all this time. Reason - wayyyyyyy too expensive. Trips that were cheaper and longer were shorter and three times the price here. Maybe we we are just getting sad and old but I dont see the value in paying $170 for two for 3 hour booze cruise and you have to pay for your drinks and food at Margeritaville!! I know these are trips and not the resort but its all on site so connected.
The room itself is fine however our room was the one infested with Mosquito's. Try to avoid room 1401 unless you want to try and beat my record of 110 bites ...........which was the total after the room was sprayed and fumigated.
We did get compensated slightly so thanks to Isabell for that. A light that shone brighter than the rest for sure.
Restaurants - All of a good standard but a bit samey. In Mexico we often managed to order something that wasnt on the menu. We got strange looks if we asked for chips sometimes!!
Bars are OK but you are limited to the Piano Bar at night and then its Desires nightclub from 10.30 onwards. All good fun but difficult sometimes to get served in the Piano Bar so waving any amount of dollars wont help.
Bites and poor value trips aside, the entertainment, free thunder and lightning show every day at 1 p.m. and the jerk chicken are all high points.
You might just have to make your own mind up on this one. There are certainly worse places but value for money just wasnt there for us!!

Room Tip: any room exceot 1401
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin F
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Probably the sweetest, friendliest hostess/waitress you'll ever meet. She takes care of you, no questions asked with a smile on her face. Love love love her... she's beautiful and courteous,makes a stiff drink, my suggestion is a long island iced tea or a Bob Marley with vodka. Her beautiful coworker Shereece is amazing also, please take care of these two girls, we are definitely comin back to see them next year, they made our vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from my honeymoon at the wild orchard and all I can say is amazing. From the moment we stepped on the property we were pampered and catered to. I concierge, Colletta made sure that our are every needs were met. And I would gladly recommend that if you can go Preferred go Preferred. I woud nsay skip the 90 minutes of talk to get you to become a member. I wish I had a 90 minutes of my life back. The resort was very clean, food was excellent with a variety of choices. And they didn't even sweat you about not wearing the pants at the French restaurant. Top shelf liquor and plenty to spare. The entertainment was the usual lol Caribbean theme but hey I was in Jamaica. You must write a jerk chicken guy with the drum walking around it's the bomb. If you do the beach side dinner ask for Delroy as your waiter he is so nice and comes up with extra things for you. I appreciated his advice that gave a special touch to our honeymoon dinner. If you have something to complain about this place you are very pompous. The spa was fantastic the smells of the place very relaxing. I highly recommend this place and will be going back next year for our anniversary.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple