“Honeymoon Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, Canada
“Honeymoon Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, and I couldn't find a bad thing to say if I tried. We stayed in the preferred club for two weeks. It was heaven. The service was amazing. The activities were great. The staff was very engaging. The food was great everywhere. The amount of food stations throughout the hotel is nice as well. There was a little hors d'oeuvres station in our preffered club bulding, and a minu brekfast with a little bit of almost everything available at the large buffet. We ate at all the restaurants and enjoyed everyone of them. I couldn't pick a favourite because they are all so different. The drinks are great, and delicious not just strong. A huge variety as well. Our honeymoon package included a day at the spa, where we started with a couples scrub, body wrap, and massage, which was amazing!!!!! So nice and romantic, the spa is beautiful as well, really high end. Although it is located on the St. James property. We also came back on a separate day for another portion of the spa retreat for a hydrotherapy circuit. I highly recommend this. In a way it's like a spa playground.You start in a steamroom, then a sauna, then a hot tub, then a freezing cold shower, then a warm rainfall, and so on. It is the craziest body response. To finish off, The excursion choices were nice. The location it felt extremely safe. The beach was amazing. I recommend this for any honeymoon. Various packages and prices. Very worth the money!!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,067)
N.O.T.L.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just got back this week and WOW what an awesome place WO is. We were celebrating our 25 anniversary and my husband 50th birthday. We were tossing up between going to Mexico to a secrets or coming here and we are so glad we did. We came to Jamaica 25yrs ago for our honeymoon and only have been back to the island twice. So we knew that we would love it . The people here are amazing!! So friendly and professional especially here and they speak english which is a bonus especially if you have any special requests. We had an amazing time. We do travel a lot to many islands, so we have many things to compare too, and this place is right up there. The room attendants paid extract attention to the fact that it was our 25thanniversary and husband 50th birthday, and made it that much more special. The room attendant even called our room when she off to make sure that i received the item that she picked up while off work to help decorate our room for my husbands birthday, that is really going above and beyond. They gave us a complimentary dinner on the beach and it was so nice. All the staff here always say hi how are you doing from the wait staff, pool attendants. cafe attendants, to the gardeners to all the staff and they are just not saying it they really mean it!! We took a bike tour with Isaac and his co-worker and your can tell Isaac loves his job and his country!! I am not going to go into things that others have already said but here are a few great mentionables "The jerk chicken chart" was so yummy, "fresh coconuts cart" where do you get that and it is all free. The drinks yummy . You never had to fight for a chair! This place really couldn't have done anything better to make it even more special. At one point i saw the gardener cleaning up feathers from the parrots cage and I asked him hey can I have those my Dad ties Flies for fishing and they are perfect. No problem man. The next day he found me in this big complex and gave me another bag with twice as many more. Now that is treating your guest like they are special. Thank you secrets for giving us a wonderful holiday! Please don't believe some of the negative reviews this place is awesome is it 100% no and you should expect it to be because nothing is perfect it but it is petty darn close!!! It is all what you take from it!! We will be back!!

Room Tip: Just relax and enjoy everything at this resort!
1 Thank 6starrs
Cambria Heights, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service and alcohol were awesome! The breakfast buffet was one of the best I had, definitely check out the Portofino Restaurant. Look for Kedeisha by the poolside, and the Piano Bar by the Desires nightclub. Overall, had a Great experience

Room Tip: Junior suite on the 5th floor
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jean-Luc B
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for having selected our resort for your most recent vacation. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here and highlighted the areas and people that had a huge impact. Your feedback is much appreciated and we will continue to work hard so that other guests are impressed as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and be sure to visit again.

Warmest Regards,
Christina Smith
eConcierge Assistant
Kildeer, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our third visit to Jamaica and our first visit to a Secrets Resort. We were on our Honeymoon and this resort could not have been more perfect! The layout of the complex was outstanding including the restaurant courtyard with live music and entertainment and the multitude of choices for relaxing on their various beaches or pools. The room accomodations were very clean, romantic and fairly current. The staff made it very apparent that you were their priority. Special shout out to Chris Rose, Bellman and Dane in the retail shops! Great People!! The food was very good and the drinks were constant. Only point of disappointment was that when we make our reservations we requested a full oceanview room only to find out that full oceanview only means partial oceanview. If you want full oceanview, you need to reserve full oceanfront! Make sure you are aware of this because most of their rooms are full oceanview NOT full oceanfront. Other than that, if you want a top notch romantic getaway for the two of you with incredible views of the Caribbean Sea; you have to check this place out!

Room Tip: If you want a Full Ocean View; you need to reserve Full Ocean Front!
3 Thank Steve E
FarinaPR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Where do I even begin...? From the moment we stepped foot off the bus onto the resort we were treated like celebrities. Upon arrival we were greeted with a big warm smile and were whisked in to the beauuutiful lobby to meet with our concierge. Champagne in hand, our luggage was sent to the room while we signed in. Everything is so amazing here! The people are so genuine and WANT to help you!! We have done many all-inclusive vacations before and it feels like everyone around you just wants a tip and here it was OPPOSITE! The food is great too! I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not, we were both SO happy with all the choices at every single restaurant & snack bar! The pools are super clean and the grounds immaculately kept. Every single room has an ocean view so everyone's happy no matter your budget. The room was so beautiful and cleaned daily. The bed is DELICIOUS! Slept like a baby! The beach is breathtaking! According to my husband the Jerk Chicken was Amazing!! There was a guy with a cart cooking it all day walking around offering it to the guest singing "Hey jerky jerky jerky jerkeeeeyyyy! Come get your jerk chicken Mon!!" He was so fun! Godfrey was our bartender at the pool bar and he was amazing! Ask for the Passion for Fashion! Even the manliest of the men were ordering them, SOOOO GOOD! The room service is incredible too! We even ordered snacks at 3 am and they were there with a smile within 15 minutes! I am a reaaaally tough critic and not very easy to please (or easy going) and for the first time in my life I have nothing negative to say about about this resort and my experience there! This is what vacation is supposed to be! We drove by MANY other resorts and felt SO thankful that we chose Secrets Bc many looked very different than they did online. I give it an A++++++!! Hope you enjoy as much as I did! We will be back next year!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank FarinaPR
Newmarket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid July 13-20th, this was our first time to Jamica and it will not be our last....we loved it here so much that we have already made plans for a 2nd and 3rd visit! We stayed in the Preferred Club and were checked in by Lisa and Isabel..........they were both fabulous.........gave us all the information we needed and then Isabel took us to our room right away. We stayed on the 3rd floor and had the most amazing view I have ever seen of the sea and the mountains and the pool. The room is beautiful and spacious, perfect for my husband and I. We had a King bed, it was so comfy...better than my bed at home...lol! The bathroom is beautiful with a separate shower and amazing jacuzzi tub. The balcony also has a private jacuzzi tub that we used one afternoon when it rained for a bit, the balcony also has an accordian style hanger attached to the wall for your bathing suits which is so great....I wish more resorts had this. Our housekeeper Yvonne was great, always kept our room clean and well stocked with towels and anything else we needed...she was so sweet! Now I am super picky with food and I loved everything here. We enjoyed all of the restaurants and the buffet was serving Lobster on quite a few occasions which my husband really liked! During lunch time one of the cooks goes around by the beach with the jerk chicken cart and it is the best chicken I have ever tasted!! We ate at the buffet every morning for breakfast and had Stacy as our server she was so nice, always smiling and willing to get you anything you needed. When we go on holidays we are usually in the pool all the time but at this resort we could not stay out of the sea it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...so blue and clear.......this is a man made beach area so on the other side of the bouys they had rocks that would break the tide so the swimming area was so calm not a wave to be seen. The pools are beautiful but we spent the whole time in that sea. Being Preferred Club we could have gone to the other pools but we stayed at the Preferred all week....it was so quiet and relaxing.....no loud music.....just peac and quiet. We have Joy as our server for the week and she was a gem, delivered those drinks so quickly and even came right to the shoreline. The drinks here are really good, they have alot to choose from and make them really well. I hav to say we have never before been to an adults only and I was pure luxury..........you get what you pay for. The service is incredible, the people are so nice....we loved it there.....did not want to leave that is for sure! A huge thank-you to Isabel Rueda for making our first time to Jamaica so memorable.....we can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leslie1404
Kildeer, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our third visit to Jamaica and our first visit to a Secrets Resort. We were on our Honeymoon and this resort could not have been more perfect! The layout of the complex was outstanding including the restaurant courtyard with live music and entertainment and the multitude of choices for relaxing on their various beaches or pools. The room accomodations were very clean, romantic and fairly current. The staff made it very apparent that you were their priority. Special shout out to Chris Rose and Dane in the retail shops! Great People!! The food was very good and the drinks were constant. Only point of disappointment was that when we make our reservations we requested a full oceanview room only to find out that full oceanview only means partial oceanview. If you want full oceanview, you need to reserve full oceanfront! Make sure you are aware of this because most of their rooms are full oceanview NOT full oceanfront. Other than that, if you want a top notch romantic getaway for the two of you with incredible views of the Caribbean Sea; you have to check this place out!

Room Tip: If you want a Full Ocean View; you need to reserve Full Ocean Front!
2 Thank Steve E