“Very Good. Not Great”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was a great vacation for my wife and I. Our favorite part was the wonderful entertainment with the mountain in the background. Food was good, however I would have preferred smaller portions with higher quality. My biggest complaint is how they force you to pay $30.00 if you want a decent bottle of wine. Seriously I am not a wine expert but the stuff they call house is undrinkable. It is just a generic house. You cannot order Merlot or Cab without paying 30 bucks minimum. Seriously 2 buck chuck is 100x better than what they call their house wine. Secrets really should fix this if they want to maintain their Brand.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Jeff V
There are newer reviews for Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was the vacation of a life time-the hotel and grounds were kept immaculately-suites were well appointed with everything you could possibly want-the staff bent over backwords for your every comfort- Our chambermaid was Ceciline who was absolutely beautiful and one of our favorite waiters was Wayne.The best ever experience was the food and the eight restaurants that we had to choose from.These were run and supervised by Jose Elias who set the standards very high and made sure his staff was well trained, informed and extremely friendly.The food was not only expertly prepared but also presented in the most appealing manner.This is one resort that you could honestly say is rated 5 star plus plus.

Room Tip: Ocean view suite
3  Thank ann t
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband an I had a wonderful time Secrets Wils Orchid. Im glad I read the trip advisorys as they were a great help. I new I wanted a higher floor which we got , 3rd floor ocean view. The restaurants were all good, although we did go to the Blue Mountain and the World Cafe for dinner one evening and saw it for more of a buffet style, so we left out beacuse we spent time dressing up and didnt want to waste a nice outfit on buffet dining so we chose one of the other elegant restaurants. The jerk chicken cart on the beach is very good, make sure you taste that. The drinks were ok, not top shelf but good enough to get a buzz, top shelf liquor at the piano bars. Activities all day and entertainment every evening. My husband and I never get to dress up and go out at home, so this was so nice to be able to do it here. I cant say enough about this trip. Cant wait to go back. thanks Cindy and Willie

Room Tip: higher floors gives better views and are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CynthiaWFlossmoor
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This resort is simply wonderful. The staff is so caring, sweet, and happy. The hotel is beautiful. It is peaceful, yet fun at the same time. We celebrated our 30th anniversary there, and wow. What a great place to reconnect with your special loved one.

Room Tip: Walking past the swim up rooms, they seem awesome; but the area is very socially quiet.
2  Thank jmu411
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to Secrets on the President's Club trip with the company my husband works for. This is the 6th or 7th President's club trip we have been on. All of these trips have been to caribbean & Mexico destinations, at exclusive resorts usually with butler service. There are usually over 100 of us all traveling together, and as you can imagine it can be quite challenging for the resort staff. We were all in agreement that this was the best place we've stayed so far. The service, accommodations, food and entertainment was second to none. The jerk chicken is the best ever!!!
It was close to the airport, and the golf courses. The spa was phenomenal, we would definitely go back and highly recommend it.

3  Thank SunnyDaiz
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is beautiful, I stayed for 10 days. Every detail in the decor of their rooms, restaurants, pool area...everywhere - was just top quality and well thought out.
I stayed in the preferred club. The room was amazing and always clean. I tried all the restaurants, they are all very good including the world cafe which offered so much variety during breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love the wooden statues dotted all over the grounds and the 2 peacocks. There was always something to. They had a games area, sports activities, sun beds were always available, a variety of activities provided by the entertainers was there throughout the day and there was always evening entertainment. The evening entertainment I saw a circus show, a play of the white witch, steel drum concert and live music/singing concert - all were very good.
I didn't try the spa so I can't really comment on it. I didn't use it because it was quite expensive, even the vouchers they give you on arrival didn't make much of a saving.
Internet connection was very good and plenty of channels on TV.
I like how there's a jerk chicken cart and fresh tropical fruit cart that goes around everyday.
All the staff were very welcoming, they'd greet you every time you pass them and would make sure you were alright. I highly commend all the staff for constantly working so hard as I'm sure serving us tourists can be very tiresome, so I really hope the managers are treating them well and paying them good wages.
There was one thing I got really fed up with though. The Bob Marley songs! And the Day-O song! Soooo irritating. It's like the staff were given a list of 5 songs that they were only allowed to sing. I know the hotel is in Jamaica...but to hear the same songs everyday is so dull. Jamaica isn't all about Bob Marley, slavery and hardship. And tourists really need to become knowledgeable. Hotels and other tourists areas should not reinforce what we already see in the media, or else tourists will remain ignorant.
And one more tip to the hotel, I think the gym should be open 24 hours.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LoveTravel_257
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall the resort was great. Rooms couldn't be better along with the food. Housekeeping kept everything tip top. Room service was a nice luxury. Beach was good but not like Negril.
Here are the things we didn't like.
1. House wine was NOT good. The good wine does not come by the glass - they charge 49.00 a bottle. All inclusive-?
2. Even though the housekeeping, bartenders and worker bees were friendly the front desk was snobbish.
3. Didn't need to see the x rated channels in the TV line up- bad taste.
4. Had 2 conventions while we were there so that didn't set well either. I don't really care about
"Foodland" fun.

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica
#16 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!