Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$614
$515
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$217
$152
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$318
$269
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$327
$293
  • Pool
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$374
$328
$80
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$214
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,619
Hotelpower.com
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,641
Hotelpower.com
7,289 results
All reviewswild orchidpreferred clubpiano barjerk chicken cartroom serviceworld cafeour honeymoonbarracuda barsecrets resortbilly loveel patiofrench restaurantwelcome homeprivacy lightst jameswrapspreferred area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we walked in we were greeted with a smile and champagne. It took about 45 minutes to go through all the introductions and to go through the speech about upgrading to the preferred club. Our room wasn't ready but we were able to get some food and walk around the resort. When we got back to the front desk an hour later I asked someone about out room and they simply disappeared. I had to go through three different people to find the status of our room.

The room was well stocked, clean and comfortable. It was never too hot and we never got any bugs. The room was cleaned on a regular basis. Only once did we have to ask for more supplies and they were brought to us right away. There's very little privacy on the balcony. You can see and smell what other people are doing in the room next door and in the next building.

The beach is as small and rocky as everyone says it is. We soon realized we had to get the beach early in the morning to claim a good spot. But once we were settled in, we had many relaxing days and the drink service was spot on.

The drinks were always good and plentiful here. It never taste watered down, nor was anything made with cheap liquor.
The food was great in some places (French, Italian, Jamaican places) and bad at other places. We walked away from our lunch at the Seaside Grill because it tasted like microwaved cafeteria food.
I have no problem with a dress code (I own a set of resort clothes for a reason) but it was very confusing. We were told we couldn't enter one restaurant because I was wearing shorts with a button down shirt, so were seated outside. We then saw a large group of people enter the building, most of the men were wearing t-shirts & shorts.

We made the best of everything and still had a good time, but looking back: We felt we were "nickel & dimed" at every turn.
Most (but not all!) staff members expect a tip for everything. Aren't "all inclusives" supposed to include gratuities?
I know gift shops are always expensive, but $10 dollars for a contact case? What's worse, it was the cheapest "one piece" contact case that's normally given for free.
Resort coupons were extremely limiting. You can only used them at certain times and in certain quantities. Using the coupons merely brought the price back to a slightly-less-expensive price.
No free Wi-Fi. When we we did pay for it, the signal was weak. Most motels include free wi-fi, but not this luxury resort.
No transportation included. Could it hurt to hire a driver or two to make their guests feel more welcome?

I'm giving Secrets three stars because I didn't have a bad time. At no point did I feel like my vacation was ruined. All that said: Next vacation we'll pay a little extra at another resort to get treated better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Squard
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Amazing, wonderful, fun-filled incredible week.
KiKi, Happyfeet, Sereen, and Kevin exceeds expectation in customer service. They should teach all staff how to engage travelers. They were exceptional staff members.
Hotels were cleaned and linens and necessities refreshed twice a day if needed.
Food amazing and plentiful. Everyone should visit the Himitsu and enjoy the chef at the first grill. He was funny, entertaining, friendly, and I wish I recalled his name to mention but I do not. However, the food was delicious.
The spa was a wonderful experience and the staff treated all with dignity and grace while performing the massages.
The Secrets staff work hard but always had a smile on their face and were willinging to do anything to ensure you enjoyed paradise. The staff walked the sands and poolside constantly to make sure you had what you wanted.
This was my second trip back to Jamaica and I will definitely return again.
I appreciate the Jamaican people and their hospitality.

Room Tip: Ocean view fabulous but if you do not like the poolside activities and music you may want to request a suggestion before you book. We loved it!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank becky2791
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Pros: Just returned from a week at Wild Orchid. Property is beautiful and well-kept. People and staff friendly. The rooms are awesome, spacious and clean. The best thing I did was to purchase the Preferred Club section because it had it's own pools and part of the beach that was quiet and restful, to read and swim. I could always walk over to the loud and fun main pool, but there were hardly ever chairs available after 9 a.m. there. Loved the top shelf touches such as cold towels brought around beachside and top shelf spirits.

Cons: The food was pretty bad (and often cold) and even snacks in the preferred club lounge. The two best places to eat were Blue Mountain for Jamaican and the Japanese Tapenaki table. Otherwise, food was really poor quality. I was so disappointed :( The jerk chicken cart and the fresh fruit cart during the day was a savior. There were often hour or two waits at the restaurants! Room service menu was poor, but the breakfast was OK. Like others have mentioned, it depends on your frame of reference. I am lucky and fortunate enough to know good food. This is NOT it.
There was an annoying loud screeching bird on the property, but I was in the preferred club, so I did not have to deal with it much. The air conditioning system fluxuates and I had a hard time setting it at one temp.

As a solo traveler, it was not ideal, unless you are outgoing like myself. I met a lot of nice couples, but not many singles. I knew that going in though. The best part of my stay was the piano lounge, where all the staff that work there are friendly and fun. A real professional team. Simone made me feel very welcome and kept an eye out for me the whole time. She was warm and a pleasure to see every day. Rayon was an amazing bartender, as were all of them. Bryan, a manager for entertainment (?) was welcoming and a real leader of all these staff. I also found Sharol at the front desk most helpful and on top of things.

Room Tip: Preferred Club on Wild Orchid side- closest to restaurants and lounge.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank ProvoLover
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our second stay at this resort. We again upgraded to the Preferred Club and it was very much worth it. This upgrade puts you in building 1 which is the most ideal location. Close to restaurants and the piano bar. Most rooms view to the north or west although the sun setting on the ocean is obscured by mountains. The food served in the club lounge, mostly hors d' oeuvres, is the best food we have ever had at any resort. And the beverage selection is wonderful including Miller Lite, Red Stripe Light and all top shelf liquors. Staff was excellent- everyone goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant. We would like to recognize the following for their very personal service...
Christina Smith, E-concierge
Natalie Cunningham, Housekeeping
Steven, Pool and beach maintenenace
Cherisse Allen, Preferred Club
Jheanell Box, Prefered Club
Knashville, Himitsu (our favorite restaurant)
Taneisha Scott, Preferred Club Reception

Room Tip: Building 1, the Preferred Club, is our preference. Ideally located to restaurants and piano bar, very nice pool, snorkeling right off the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have just returned from an 11day at Secrets Wild Orchid. It was lovely. Our room was spacious and well furnished and the bathroom was really nice with a free-standing whirlpool bath, separate walk-in shower room, separate WC and twin wash basins. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the gardens surrounding the hotel are immaculately maintained. We ate at all the different restaurants and enjoyed the food at each one - our favourite was the Bordeaux. A nice touch was the excellent jerk chicken cart which came around each lunchtime, followed by a cart where you could have a fresh coconut cut to drink, followed by a fresh fruit cart. The pools are clean and surrounded by comfortable sunbeds, although there needed to be more sunshades. The beach is raked every evening and is kept clean and tidy. The entertainment staff are all great fun and there are daytime activities for all ages. Unfortunately we had a couple of days of bad weather and the staff put out lots of different board games for people to use. The resident band 'Pace' are very good indeed, and also worthy of a mention is a guy called Stanryik who was guest artiste on Saturday night - don't miss seeing him. The talent show on Friday evening was also very good and not to be missed. We found the house wine to be rather 'rough' and we do feel that that the hotel should consider a better quality wine. Also, on occasions, the service at the bars, particularly the Piano Bar was poor. I would mention that the staff do expect to be tipped which can add a large cost to the holiday. However, despite these few minor negative comments we had a wonderful time and are now considering a stay at a Secrets hotel in Mexico.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple