“"One year of consistant service..Smart Choice...Business or Pleasure"”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I’m fortunate enough to conduct business in Montego Bay and have stayed at many resorts. I was lucky enough to land a reservation at Secrets over a year ago and have continued to make them my destination of choice.

I travel there every 45 – 60 days and have business colleagues that do the same. I’d say that collectively we have at least 8-10 people doing this for the two years they’ve been open.

Every time we stay the experience is top notch and we always look forward to coming back. Some of the highlights are as follows:

Staff
• Each and every staff member takes the time to understand and meet your needs
• Staff members are very professional and create a fun atmosphere
• Staff members take the extra time to remember your name and provide recommendations for your trip
• Go above and beyond to make you feel appreciated

• 27/7 room service for free
• Innovative dishes that cover all cultural boundaries
• Top quality produce and meat

Rooms
• New and modern designs
• Room service is performed promptly and always top notch
• Amazing beds and showers
• Great temperature controls

Make a smart choice…Book Secrets!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Josh M
SWO_STJconcierge, Manager at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest:

Secrets Resorts Montego Bay is fortunate to have had you as a visitor here and we are happy that you continue to make our property your Home away from home for business or leisure. It is a collective effort within our organization to ensure that we all offer great service with warm and friendly hospitality while maintaining much professionalism.
Your appreciation of our food and the aesthetics of our property are greatly tresured and these are things we certainly pay much attention to. We are happy that you enjoyed everything and look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues and friends here for many visits to come.

Regards,
Caulette

Write a ReviewReviews (6,986)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid for a business trip and I could not be happier with the service I received! The staff was so friendly, welcoming, upbeat and just all around made my stay enjoyable. Everyone does everything possible to make sure you are taken care of from the moment you step inside - including a cool towel and a drink. The room was very nicely decorated, always clean and so comfortable to relax in at the end of the day. The food was excellent in every restaurant - my favorite was Himitsu, the Japanese grill, as it was entertaining as well as delicious. I will definitely be recommending this resort to family and friends and trying my best to get back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Snarky817
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I went here for 8 days/7 nights to celebrate our honeymoon. Upon check-in we were directed to the Preferred building where the staff was friendly, nice, upbeat and very informative. This is how I rate our stay:
Staff: Friendly, helpful, talented, bubbly, patient, etc. Everyone here was super nice!
Room: We were located in room 1206 which is a corner room with an amazing view of the ocean, mountains, hot tub, and partial walkway. The room itself was decorated nicely and look just as the pictures show it. The room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, plenty of storage to put your clothes away or hang them up, mini fridge with standard items (water, beer, soda, etc) and an extra perk included a bottle of rum, brandy and vodka. The only flaw was the shower leaked into the bathroom, so we had to keep a towel on the floor the entire trip just to avoid stepping or slipping in a puddle of water...and yes, the front desk was notified 3x but nothing was fixed (it just needed caulking).
Food: Room service is how we did breakfast 6 out of 8 mornings and you can't go wrong with eating in the privacy of your own room overlooking the ocean. The restaurants were good and had a good variety to choose from, but some were better than others. My ranking: Portofino (Italian), Himitsu (Japanese), Oceana (Seafood), El Patio (Mexican), World Cafe (Buffet) and Bordeaux (French). I wasn't a fan of the desserts, but the food at most places was pretty good. I will say that bringing Pepto Bismol or getting an pre-cautionary antibiotic (Cipro) won't be a bad idea though seeing as both my husband and I had a day where it was def. needed (to be expected eating in another country I guess)
Entertainment: There was a variety of shows whether it be musical, talent or a game show...most of which were fun and entertaining. Some things dragged out here and there, but overall it kept people mingling and out of there room. Aside from the shows, there's a handful of pools to go to, the beach, the spa, a casino and so on. There's never a dull moment!
Overall, this resort was amazing. This was our first trip to Jamaica and it won't be our last!

Room Tip: Corner rooms give you a 90 degree view and ocean view is always the way to go. Higher levels are als...
2  Thank MDempsey85
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was recommended to this resort and I can see why.. This place is a home run. The staff are all so nice- not nice because they have to be but nice because that's who they are. Joseph the bellman epitomized this. The oceanview room was very roomy and had a great comfortable bed. The food is very good (The Blue Mountain restaurant was real good- Jamaican cuisine at its finest). Drinks were super easy to get whether it was at the pool, or the other bars on the grounds. Biggest compliment I can give is I'm coming back...no questions asked.

Room Tip: higher the floor- better the view...
2  Thank ScottyBfromNJ
Reviewed November 13, 2012

First off let me say that I work in the travel industry (10 plus years) and I have been to many all-inclusive resorts. Secrets Wild Orchid was my favorite vacation I have ever been on. From the moment my best friend and I arrived we were treated like royalty until the moment we left. I am not going to comment on the food, beach, activities etc. because there are a million reviews that do so. I would however like to comment on the wonderful staff. They truly do go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Venese Thompson in the preferred club was amazing! She is the person to go to for anything! Also Christopher Rose and Michael the butler in the presidential suite are outstanding as well! If you are thinking about booking your honeymoon, girls trip or just a regular vacation in Jamaica look no further than Secrets Wild Orchid!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the preferred club, it is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sboogie333
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently visited Secrets Wild Orchid for our honeymoon. It was fabulous. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we had excellent service. Hopeton, the bellhop was amazing. He was more than helpful and went above and beyond to make our trip perfect. I highly reccomend this resort

2  Thank lola71178
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our team of 20 just returned from a long weekend at Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay, Jamaica. What a great trip and a fantastic resort.

Everything about it was first class with one exception (no free WIFI).

It's only 15 minutes from the airport, basically just around a bay to the end of a peninsula.

The resort is new (built about 2009). The rooms are spectacular, and we didn't even stay in the building with the suites.

We came in multiple planes (just in case), so our arrivals were staggered. Some took cabs and depending on their negotiating skill (or naivety), paid between $25 to $50 for a short ride to the resort. For the best rate, call Leroy "Tallpiece" Atkinson at 876-438-8481. He showed up as promised and only charge $25. Say Frank sent you.

When we arrived, the hotel staff kept our bags outside so we didn't clutter the lobby with them. Then then delivered them promptly to our rooms. They let us check in a bit early too. The rooms were spacious, with quality furniture and a well planned layout. Lots of room for luggage too. I was in an inside corner, but still had a good view of the pool right outside with the sea just beyond.

One nice thing for an all inclusive resort like this is that we didn't need wristbands. Everything was included 24/7. Even room service anytime you want. As an organizer, I had a fruit tray and bottle of champagne on ice waiting for me.

We hung around the pool much of the afternoon, then went out to one of the half dozen fine restaurants that evening, followed by drinks at the Piano Bar. We gambled at their mini-casino (more like micro-casino with a couple of dozen slot machines). I won early and quit with my winnings.

The second day, after a buffet breakfast (with lots of choices and 4 chefs cooking eggs and pancakes), we found a quiet area to fit in a business meeting while waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive. The rest of day 2 was a clone of day one with 14 more arrivals vs. the 6 of day one). We just ate in the main restaurant. Fast, friendly service with nobody pushing for tips (but happy to get them). Note, people like the doorman make less than $2 US / hour as their salary, so even small tips matter.

For the next two days, we hung around the pool, went sailing, played shuffleboard, bocce and horseshoes and drank a lot. A few of our gang had a bit too much, but all in good fun. We went out to the Italian restaurant Portofino, then the superb Japanese restaurant (best of them all).

We booked most of the seats on a Catamaran cruise and really enjoyed that, although it was only truly sailing (with wind, not power) for about 5 minutes. We couldn't visit Marguaritaville because it was damaged from Hurricane Sandy the week before and not yet repaired. We toured some gorgeous homes right on the bay with surprisingly inexpensive prices (under $1M for what would be many times that in Florida or elsewhere).

Checkout was painless and fast. No surprises either. They overcharge for local calls but that's normal for hotels. Once again, the only disappointing thing was the lack of free WIFI. They wanted 50-cents/minute at the business centre (even for printing boarding passes) and $15/day for usage. We just ended up sharing a few codes among us. In today's technology era, having access is an assumed service. It would cost them nothing and be a nice touch to add for their guests.

Overall, we loved the resort and would highly recommend it to others. We also go back, though there are so many other islands to visit so we'd likely go back individually rather than as a group - just for variety.

Room Tip: My room was fine on the inside of the "U" over the pool. Nobody had any complaints in our...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business