“Excellent property and staff”

Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This all-inclusive, adults-only resort was an excellent choice. I just returned from a 5 day getaway and things were great. The property is very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful (no attitude) and the food was good (not great, but much better than I expected). You get the feeling that the employees truly enjoy working there. We almost went to the Ritz but based on my travel agent's recommendation, we tried Secrets. Most of the restaurants, theatre, etc. are located on the Wild Orchid side (as opposed to the adjoining-sister resort St. James) with the exception of the Spa and fitness center.

My only complaint is that the electricty in the room turns off automatically (motion-sensor controlled), including the alarm clock. Very annoying but I was told they are in the middle of fixing this. As far as the Preferred building, not sure it is worth the extra $$$. Not counting the swim-up rooms, which offers no-privacy, you're entitled to continental breakfast (which is available 50 feet away on a much grander scale, free wi-fi (otherwise, $15 per day) and a newspaper, which strangely cannot be purchased on the property.

The biggest recommendation I can give is that I would go back tomorrow.

Room Tip: Unless you like to have people walking past your room all day, I would ask for a higher floor to ens...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,986)

Reviewed December 14, 2011

In my previous review I mentioned your outstanding staff members such as Donovan, Glenrick and Zanu but I forgot to also thank Marvin from the lounge at Wild Orchid. They were all wonderful and I can't wait to visit them all again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I would recommend Secrets Wild Orchid to anyone looking for a relaxing get away. I don't have anything bad to say about the resort, they exceeded our expectations in every way. Harry at the Pool Bar was fantastic. Daename and Richard at the Piano bar made were a lot of fun and you could tell that almost every worker enjoys their job. The food was very good and the weather was great and the staff handled everything with the wedding to perfection. We will be back next year for our first anniversary.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for the WO peferred club. The views and the beach is better and the little ex...
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Secrets is the best place to get away from the stresses of life. It is lovely, the food is amazing, and the staff is super friendly. My husband and I have been there twice and plan on going back for a third time in the spring. Kudos to Billy Love for amazing customer service!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We celebrated our anniversary first week in December. Stayed in a Preferred Swimout room. Had an wonderful time. Food was great/good. Never bad. Service was exceptional. Special thanks to Tina in housekeeping, KerryAnn our server on the beach and Devar Scott at the bar. Special thanks to Raymore Wilson, our personal guide into the mountains and over to Negril. He showed us the real Jamaica. It was a fantastic time and we would absolutely return!

Room Tip: Preferred Club was worth it!!
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I had our yearly anniversary vacation and picked the Wild Orchid.
Overall it was great, so great we extended our stay an extra two days!

The resort is clean and beautiful. Rooms comfortable. Food was good for an all-inclusive.
The beach was quite rocky and a project to walk into. Not sure what could be done about that.
The spa was one of the best we have been to in the Caribbean.

PS- you have to stop by the grill on the beach for some of that jerk chicken!

We try to stay at a new place every anniversary but this place is tempting us to revisit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RRM1020
Reviewed December 12, 2011

WOW! What a change from when the resort first opened( we were there 10 days following opening)..the staff is what makes this remarkable place a true paradise. We stayed 9 days. 11-26 to 12-4 W.O. Preferred.4th floor. What amazed us the most is how, with all the people who travel thru their doors, a few remembered us. Leo(nard)..bar service.....Top Honors! Now, this doesn't come as an easy choice. Believe me. Caulette Mornan:, Thank you for all you did to help us out. Simone, (bar)..you worked your shift as if everyone was a personal friend at your home. Kay: hskpg. You always made it "home" for us....Thank you...... Mini-bar staffer(unknown name) way to keep that fridge full....however, fridge's have no "cold".. Get familiar with the ice station!!!! Owen, Kenneth, Kept the bags safe and sound, and we were comfortable leaving them in the hands of the staff who met us at the carport. Yvette(bar), Junior, Jason,(water sports), Thank you. Donat !!!!!!!!!(aqua facility attendant) a.k.a "pool boy" I never expected what you had done for us, on the pool deck, on a daily basis. You had your own work to do, yet, you went the extra step for us, and always made sure we were comfortable. For that, it makes you among the top 3!!!!!!! JERKY Jerky Jerky boys....... Great chicken.. Can't wait for the perrmanent hut to open... Speaking of which, the cooking class that was available to all, at the barefoot hut, was expertly executed!! A: MUST-DO!!!! Ricardo, you had the class eating out of your hand,(not too punny, I hope) The logistics of the class were achieved by an always upbeat, Stanley. O'Neal,(kitchen) Keep the best specialty coffee's coming.... Oraldo, though you never sang to us, you kept the breakfast's alive.!
Bartenders: Cordiff, Mark and , of course....Rodney.....Thank you ,thank you ,thank you.....
Albert, (mgr) keep it going.. We're happy for you.. And finally, Nichalus(sp?) Never a day went by w/ out us seeing you in a different part of the resort, making sure all was the way it should be. Emilio, no matter how busy you were, (for those who don't know yet, but should get to know...... the Gen. Mgr.), you always....always stopped to talk. Thanks.
There is a slew of behind- the-scenes staffers who deserve recogniton. To you all, I tip my hat. When I am asked for a place to go for vacation..I assure you, the first place to come out of my mouth will be Secrets Wild Orchid.
There are a few not-so-Kosher issues...Mainly: the privacy( or lack of) surrounding the soaking tubs on the balconies. Pls fix so others can enjoy.
By the way, curtis,(preferre pool attendant) no person wants to be considered your "walking paycheck". get it together.
Looking forward to coming "home" soon!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor..2510 probably the best, or maybe the one next to it( to the left from the inside). Avoi...