“AMAZING BABYMOON TRIP”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
denver, colorado
“AMAZING BABYMOON TRIP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

Okay, let me just inform you this was a "babymoon" trip, and I am 5 months pregnant so I would say I am a great judge of this resort....
We paid a little more for Wild Orchid, and Im so glad we did. We were much closer to all the food places, and St. James seemed a little far.
We loved our room! Not one issue! Had housekeeping and turndown service everyday and even the towels were in a special heart design on the bed.
Beach and pool was so beautiful! It was busy, so we got up at 7 to put towels down, although I heard there were huge company events going on and it was just booked. No biggie.
Since being pregnant, Ive become extremely picky, The breakfast buffet was awesome! Plenty and plenty to choose from! Everything tasted great!
Lunch was great weather we ate at the pool or in the buffet. One day lunch at the pool was slower than usual, but I think they forgot to put our order in. Thank god for the appitizer bar because that could fill you up alone!
Dinner was great at all the different places. My husband didnt care for the Italtian one, said his chicken was bland, but that was the only complaint. We did the buffet for dinner and there was a ton to choose from!
Entertainment was the best Ive ever seen in all my travels! We were so impressed and it was very enjoyable! The reggae band was amazing!!!! We did go up to the room around 10:30 because I was just tired.
I got a prenatel massage, it was awesome. Spa was spectacular!
We did pay extra for the dinner on the gazebo, and it was one of the most romantic dinners I have ever had with my husband. Do it around 7:30 ish.
We booked our trip directly though the resort, and they had the best prices. Including airfare and transfers. I would really check into that. Call the number on the website for booking.
We would go back to this resort in a heartbeat! I really disagree with all the negitive reviews! Remember, this is Jamaica, not America where we expect things to be perfect and within seconds.
Just relax mon!!!!!!

3 Thank luv2travelDenver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,320)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Taneytown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

We arrived on March 31st and stay until April 4th. We had to wait for 1 hr until someone checked us in. They made us feel like they were sorry when they made a reservation for the last night at the Himitsu restaurant. Here to find out they did that for everyone. The room service was just o.k. They only had Red Stripe beer for our refrigerator and not Red Stripe Light (said not available) Beach was small with lots of rocks. We walked over to the bar by the Preferred Club side and ordered a drink. The bartender reached in the sink full of dirty glasses, poured out the ice and made us a drink. Needless to say we walked away and poured out the drinks. (Good way to catch hepititis or strep!) My husband ordered steak medium well and when it came out it was rare and cold in the middle. My seafood gumbo had very tough mussels and lots of baby squids (yuck) and a few very tiny shrimp. Needless to say since it was all inclusive we walked out and went to the buffet to eat (not much better). Salad dressings in Jamaica are a lot different than here in the USA. They are very watered down and didn't have a lot of flavor. The bar in the lobby was the best for drinks. Those people knew how to make a great Bloody Mary and Mud Slide. The wine was also very good. The room service was just ok. I think the rooms could have been a little cleaner. Since it was only 1 yr old we thought it would be very nice. We did not see any flowers planted around the hotel itself. The pool was designed that you could not get to the pool bar on the one side unless you got out and walked around. Some people that worked there had an attitude but then there were others that were great. This was our first time in Jamica and I am sure we would go back but not to this resort.

3 Thank squeakee50a
Huntingdon Va. Pa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I arrived on april 11th. We stayed one week. The whether was fantastic. The food was very good. If anyone has to be on a gluten free diet, this is the place to go. They really accommodated me. The chef met me at each meal and went over the menu. The service was great. The help is very genuine and will go out their way to please. I have been to a number of secrets resorts, and always had a good time.

Room Tip: ocean view
2 Thank ruthann9
Crystal, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I'll keep this short and sweet. We thought the food was below average and the service was up and down, but mostly down. Pool service rocked, but lunch service and some bar service was horrible. Many employees even gave us attitude. So dissappointed since it got great ratings.
The spa wasn't anything special and again service was crappy.
Check in was horrible. We waited for over 20 mins, were not greeted and not given our welcome drink or anything.
Room service was very pathetic with selection and again food quality was poor.

4 Thank Boom72
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

We just came back for a wonderful Wedding Moon and Secrets Wild Orchid and it was worth every penny! For the moment we arrived the bellman was friendly and accommodating. We were greeted by the front desk clerk and offered and seat and cocktails in the lounge while we waited to fill out the register. Our flight arrived very early so we changed into swimwear while we waited for out room….just in time for breakfast! The buffet was wonderful …greeted at the door with mimosa’s everyday! Our room was modern clean and had a lovely view…..All the rooms are ocean views! The pools were nice some heated some not …the choice is yours…. The beach was delightful….true it is rocky in some areas but that is true for some of the beaches in Jamaica. We met with the wedding planner and “Rev” who was wonderful to nail down all of the final details and needless to say there were “no problems …lol” . We upgraded to the “secrets of love” wedding package even though there was only 5 of us……worth it because of all the upgrades you get!!!!!!!! The spa did my hair and make-up flawlessly (I was nervous because I had no idea who was going to do it) The hotel steamed out both my dresses ( I had two wedding dresses a formal and a party dress! And hubby’s linen!) We had a private romantic dinner on the beach for 5 at sunset …how awesome! We changed and the partied at the club on site! I tossed the bouquet and we said goodnight!

Did I mention the photos were amazing!

Wild Orchid is an adult’s only paradise. You can find spots that are lively or laid back what every you want it’s there. The drinks are great, the food is great, the spa was awesome!!!!!! (a MUST DO!) and the staff there is excellent. Don’t believe all the negative hype….if you do run into a problem no worries the will fix it …..no problem!

2 Thank KellzGee
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

We spent a week at the Wild Orchid, and had a lovely time. Don't let the porters grab your luggage at the airport because they expect a tip for pushing your bag across the parking lot. After a short ride to the resort, we were invited to get drinks at the bar while the staff gave us a sheet to fill out with our information. In about 10 minutes we were escorted to our room with our luggage. The rooms are beautiful with a king size bed, jetted bath tub, shower, and small patio with a view to the sea. Yes, the toilet has a frosted door, but you can't see anything that would embarrass you. We were there at the end of high season, so finding beach chairs was no problem. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, with the waiters singing while they pour your coffee at breakfast. The buffet has a huge variety of food that will suit any taste. The food is of average quality, but we didn't expect gourmet dishes. There are 5 restaurants for dinner, so you can alternate at night. Try to go early or late for the best service, but we never waited more than 15 minutes to be seated. They had nice touches like a jerk chicken cart for lunch, fresh coconuts and fruit at the beach, and a coffee cart with syrups and whipped cream for breakfast. They offer a bike tour, kayak, hobi cat sailing boat, snorkeling tour, and table games for free. Everyone was having a great time, and all the couples that we saw were definitely enjoying each other!

1 Thank JanB111111
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Secrets WO for a week for our 30th anniversary, and found the resort to be filled with a collection of joyful and happy to serve Jamaican folks; from Devon the Concierge; to Delano, and numerous others in Food Service; to Kenneth, Super Mike, and Everett in Bar Service; and finally at the top Roberto Coates and Billy Love, the managers, they are all top notch, pleasant, and a joy to be around people. They made the stay a real joy. The resort is about a year old, and is beautiful, on a beautiful point in Montego Bay; about a 10-15 minute drive via taxi/bus from Sangster Int’l Airport. While the entertainment was enjoyable, it would have been better if the loudness ceased or subsided at 9 PM. The one downside for us was the flavor and quality of the food. Breakfast, hard to mess up was okay, lunch was bearable, but dinner was completely eventless. With 5 different restaurants, all of which we partook of, none offered a tasty choice. They did have Filet Mignon as a special one evening, which we missed, and heard was good. One other downside was the amount of shade available for the sub-challenged - you have to get out by 7 am to reserve a spot. The beach and waters are beautiful, with available kayaking, sailing, and snorkeling in beautiful and safe Caribbean waters, plus other available pay for service activities.

Room Tip: Get a room ocean side, as high as possible
1 Thank SaneinCO
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,987 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay? Share your experiences!