26 people are viewing this hotel
Orbitz.com$474
Travelocity$474
CheapTickets$474
8,241 results
All reviews preferred club piano bar wild orchid jerk chicken cart room service marlin bar world cafe secrets resort seaside grill french restaurant our honeymoon el patio hibachi grill preferred area turn down service welcome home ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

The secrets out, and it Should have been kept to themselves!! As an avid traveler, and visitor to the island of Jamaica...the Secrets in Montego Bay leaves much to be desired.
With a collegiate atmosphere and daily forceful attempts from staff members dressed in suits acting like pit bull to join complete strangers in a "bubble party" (then making you feel bad for turning down the risk of an infectious experience-not the good kind) this resort puts the jerk in jerk chicken!
After a day at the beach, we returned to our room only to find maintenance and janitorial crews mopping up the floor and hallway from a flood due to a faulty toilet plunger. The food was "ok" but to let you in on a "secret," make sure you locate Jamaican joe who cooks chicken poolside.
The saving grace is the (mostly) friendly staff, competitive pricing, having multiple international restaurants to choose from for dinner and the all inclusiveness of the resort!
If this is your first trip to a tropical paradise, you may enjoy this location. But if I ever return, I'll be definitely kicking my "Sandals" off at another location...

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
12  Thank sdiff9
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Two weeks as a birthday treat for my partner and it was excellent. We received s free upgrade which we fantastic. Rooms great and spotless, grounds immaculate and theists were all very friendly, check out Nicole he kept amused most night at the barracuda bar. All the restaurants were great with our favourite being the ocean grill, the lasagna at the Italian is the best Ibe had (don't tell the missus).
Only downside I could report on is there can be a number of American corporate events going on and they can get very loud and show little respect to holiday makers. Butvthats not the hotels fault so give it a go you wont be disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank gazp180
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Josette and I could not have had a more incredible time here! Every morning was greeted with warm sunshine as Josie taught the Yoga at 8am. What a way to wake up in the shade of the palm tree's overlooking the crystal blue ocean and seeing Cuba on the horizon, a delicious and bountiful Breakfast Buffett, best tasting Mimosa's around, the meals were awesome! The Jamaican bands, under the moonlight, overlooking the bay were dynamite and will forever leave a great memory. The bar staff at the pool were the BEST! Leo, Kendrick, Ryan, Marlando and the crew are about the best crew you''ll find in Jamaica! Love those guys! I don't know what else to say other than this visit should be a Bucket List item for everybody! I'm coming back someday...Thx Secrets!

Room tip: Bring plenty of $1 bills to tip the staff....well earned and hard working and never ask for anything.
1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I loved everything about this resort. From the location of our room to the food and scenery. The jerk chicken is by far the best I have had in both Jamaica and LIFE!!!!!!! I want to visit a few other adults only resorts but this def has set the bar HIGH!!!!

Date of stay: October 2016
3  Thank 162laureny
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We had the greatest time at the Secret St. James! The staff was warm and friendly, the grounds were clean and well maintained, and the rooms were designed for romance. I loved the fact that were could stroll next door to the Secret Wild Orchid and Breathless resorts. The swim up bars were fantastic and never crowded. The bartender Ewert was exceptional. Recommendations:
- Guided bike tour
- On the beach during sunset
- Foam pool party at Breathless (it was wild!)
- Beach party