17 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.com$475
Orbitz.com$474
Travelocity$474
8,241 results
All reviews preferred club piano bar wild orchid jerk chicken cart room service marlin bar world cafe secrets resort seaside grill french restaurant our honeymoon el patio hibachi grill preferred area turn down service welcome home ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

Overall, great experience.

It seemed that we either had excellent customer service or very poor. Leo from the pool bar was amazing as well as Robert from LA patio and Niko from the hotel bar.

The trying to sell the time shares thing was a bit much and very pushy, people were rude and we walked out.

The food was fantastic as well as the nightly shows.

Yoga with Julia was great on 5/5, a day she was scheduled off but held a class for us anyways at the gazebo.

I would definitely return!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Andria N
Reviewed May 9, 2017

My wife and I have recently returned from Secrets St James and have mostly great things to say about it.
Check in was completely flawless and efficient. We were assigned our room and in it in less than 1/2 hour.
The grounds are well maintained and in impeccable shape.

As far as the food goes, zero complaints although we did not visit all the restaurants.
The jerk chicken guy that travelled up and down the resort daily was my favourite!

Entertainment was a 7\10, pool entertainment could use some work but still was a lot of fun. The one exception is the young guy that put on very loud music and expected everyone to like it, this happened daily at the pool around 4:00 to 6;00 when the pool shut down. Still baffles me that they close the pool so early.

I get that travellers are in their country and the music is native to them but come on, it would be great if they had theme days/ hours for different music. Rock and roll, oldies and easy listening come to mind.

The daily maid service was acceptable, room was cleaned and done in a timely manner but there were no extras at all and I normally left her $5 US per day. I have been to many resorts and there is normally a towel animal on the bed or something else. They have a lot of work to get up to the Royalton chain standards for which I have been to 5 different ones.

My wife was upset that they only supply steamers in the room in place of an actual iron. We both tried to use it and ended up slightly burning our hands.
This resort could also supply more clothes hangers as there is not enough for two people. I called the front desk twice and never did get them.

Drinks are top notch liquor if you ask and the selection was sufficient.

Top people in my opinion are Leo, Kedeshia and Marlando and the pool bar.

We have never been to the same resort twice but I may change my stand on that and go back, all in we had a very good stay at Secrets St James

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank MolsonmanToronto
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this resort in March and had an amazing time! We used Club Mobay at the airport and would highly recommend it especially for your departure. We used Amstar as our transfer and as always they were excellent!

We were checked in very quickly. We were upgraded to a better room class for free and we were extremely grateful! We have visited several Secrets Resorts and they really take care of all guest but do a little extra for return guests which we love!

The resort is beautiful and clean! Our room was perfect and housekeeping did an excellent job all week!
The staff is amazing and work very hard. Our favorite bartender was Ernel at the Marlin Bar. He took great care of us! Go see him you won't be disappointed!!

The only small issue we noticed was (as everone else has said) the chair game is crazy! You had to reserve your chair on your way to breakfast (8am) or you would not get one. It's not really the staffs fault. I am not sure what the best way would be to solve this. The staff can't possibly watch over this as they are so busy. Actually their was a large group from the Midwest that came in mid week and we felt the staff could have used more help.

All the resturants were great! We thought the food was excellent and our favorite was the Italian. I have no idea why some people have complained about the food.

I had a massage at the spa and I really enjoyed it.
The spa is gorgeous! Use your resort coupons and you will pay just about as much as you would here in the United States. Your on vacation! Enjoy it!

Also the WiFi works great! We were able to check email, social media and check in with our kids.

Do not hesitate to visit this beautiful country! Jamacia is beautiful and the people make it so welcoming! They really are special! We will be back!

Thank you Secrets for another great Vacation! See you soon!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Heidi444
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

In an overall disappointing experience, one person stood out. Ernel at the Barracuda is the best. He even took time to explain Cricket to us. Well done Sir. They need more like you!

Otherwise, rooms were run down and dirty. Matted hair left in tub. Mini bar was off...needless to say not stocked. Grounds are amazingly beautiful, they should put that much emphasis on entire property

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank fosheek
Reviewed May 8, 2017

The resort was everything advertised and the staff was very friendly and attentive... Also as an Unlimited Vacation Club member I was given the red carpet treatment. I wouldn't travel any other way....

Room tip: All the rooms are amazing!!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SWO_STJconcierge, E- Concierge Assistant at Secrets St. James Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you for making our resort your vacation of choice, it was a pleasure to host you at our beautiful home.

We are so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback as we value our guest's insight. It is with pleasure to note that your stay with us surpassed your expectations as guest satisfaction is our main goal.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again!

Warm Regards,