7,141 results
All reviewspreferred clubpiano barwild orchidjerk chickenroom servicemarlin barworld cafesecrets resortpreferred poolour honeymoonfrench restaurantseaside grillel patiochampagne breakfasthibachi grillwelcome hometurn down service
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in St James Preferred... our Butler, Davion, was amazing... friendly, attentive, caring and treated us like family. Great all inclusive resort. Highly recommend. The food was great, the beach was clean, rooms were very clean and have great views. The nightlife was fantastic. There were bands every night and other night activities to enjoy after dinner. The preferred experience was awesome.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank Trek97421
Reviewed December 10, 2016

The service at secrets st jame phenomenal The staff was great O'Shea at the world cafe so friendly and a very hard worker had my pineapple juice waiting for me he is a good man.Kern at the Italian restaurant impeccable service Alvin the bartender always pleasant and always had a joke.Alvin the jerk chicken man sweating his tail off but always smiling My wife and I really enjoyed our visit because of these members of the staff Will definitely come back with our friends and famiy

Room Tip: All kinds of pools 2 quiet 2 with activities
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gbrassea3
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

Myself and my husband were newly weds and recently stayed at the Secrets St James for two weeks on our honeymoon,it is lovely resort with everything we could have wished for.The staff were very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us,two staff members that stood out to us the most were Cashina at the pool bar and Renee at reception they really looked after us they are a credit to you.The only thing I would have to say that did ruin it for us is during our second week was that the cleanliness of our room wasn't great,our usual maid was excellent and the turn down service but when she wasn't there it wasn't great.☹️

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed December 9, 2016

We are fortunate to be able to take longer vacations and so when I looked at the weather forecast for our vacation 11/7-11/21 I was rather disappointed - it said rain for all 14 days. Well, ut rained one afternoon and one evening for the whole trip. We thought that was really fortunate. What was even better was the service. We were assigned butlers (Davion and Travis- but we mostly had Davion) and we felt like real A listers. A table decorated with flower petals was waiting for us at each dinner (of the seven or eight different restaurants) without a moments wait. We were ferried back and forth in a little electric golf cart.
The resort was lovely. Some of the pool areas were a little noisy but the preferred pools were always relaxed and calm. The beach was clean with an easy walk and it was easy getting into and out of the water with the exception of some small stones. I think I will bring water shoes next time.
The food was consistently good. The service at the restaurants was good but a little spotty

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank W7782DJjohnm
Reviewed December 8, 2016

We were planning to have a restful and quiet honeymoon to relax, but we got the total opposite of that!

The sound was so loud from the jackhammer we couldn't sleep at all! The construction went on so late in the night too from across the hotel. HORRIBLE!!!!!!! The first time I complained about the noise, they totally ignored me and said we have to downgrade your room if you would like to move. Keep in my mind we are staying in the preferred side of St. James ( thats where all the construction was). Second time I complained I already had enough!! The manager or supervisor or who ever she was came and spoke to us about moving rooms, but we would still be downgrading. I was already so restless and angry I didn't care, I just wanted to be away from the construction. Also, while we were speaking in the main lobby I couldn't even her speaking thats how loud the construction was. STAY AWAY FROM THE PREFERRED SIDE OF ST. JAMES.

We got moved to a new room 2 days before we were going to be leaving. It was a waste of a vacation/honeymoon. Thats all I can say.

Room Tip: stay on wild orchids side
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple