My fiance and I just returned from Secrets St. James on Saturday, 11/17. We had an absolutely wonderful trip and can not say enough about how great the resort is! In previous years we have stayed at Dreams Riviera in Riviera Maya and other all-inclusive resorts in Cancun. This has definitely been our favorite experience so far.
- The rooms were great. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was perfect, and the view was magnificent.
- The food was excellent. Over a week's time, we had some great meals and some okay meals, but overall we really enjoyed all of the restaurants. Breakfast was great. (Make sure to bring pants as a man...they are actually strict about the dress code at the French and Mexican restaurants.)
- Drinks were wonderful! Top shelf liquor was available at almost all of the bars. The bartenders were friendly and were happy to bring drinks to you on the beach.
- Service was great. Everyone was very friendly and nice and it truly felt sincere.
- This resort is HUGE. By having both Wild Orchid and St. James on the same property, you get the benefit of exploring two different resorts. I was worried, because many of the reviews indicated that it was a long walk to the restaurants if you stay at James. This is CRAZY. It's a short five minute walk (max) through beautiful grounds to get to the central shared area. We couldn't believe that anyone complained about the distance.
- Our favorite aspect of this hotel were the included water sports. On the first day, we paid $10 to have one of the guys take us out on a Hobie Boat and show us how to use it. After this initial training session, they allowed us to take the boat out for free for the rest of the week. It was really, really fun! We were also able to snorkel and kayak at the resort for free. The snorkeling at the hotel exceeded my expectations... we saw tons of coral, starfish, fish, sea urchins... and the water was incredibly clear.
- The beach is absolutely gorgeous. Fine, white sand and the water is absolutely magnificent. You can see twenty feet below your feet while snorkeling. Paradise.
- We really don't have many complaints! The AC in our room didn't work very well, but they were quick to fix it. Also, the hot tubs are SERIOUSLY hot. No one could stand to even go in it. They could probably turn it down a notch.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets St. James Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets St James Hotel Montego Bay