“Best value for money by far!!!”

Bethel Court Guest House
Suffern, New York
“Best value for money by far!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This was my first time to Jamaica and the staff at Bethel court went out of their way to make sure that my trip was a very memorable one. I found their knowledge and advise about local beaches, tours and neighborhoods to be accurate and reliable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank damn2good

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Met up with fellow solo travellers at the Guest House and enjoyed going out together. Rooms were clean and spacious - good value for money budget accommodation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We booked this guest house online after reading the many good reviews, and seeing that free airport pick up was offered. My wife and I were picked up at the airport by a driver called Patric,
who took us to a supermarket and then ATM on the way to the guest house. Frequently updating somebody via mobile phone of his location. On the way to the guest house he stopped in a dangerous area to buy some cigarettes, unfortunately he did not warn us we were in a dangerous area, left all the windows open, even though the car had working air con. When my wife opened her wallet someone lent through the window and snatched it.
The Guest house is very far from the tourist area, and taxis are needed for shopping or trips to the beach.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ardenus
denzel899, Owner at Bethel Court Guest House, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Patrick no longer work with us. This was unfortunate
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We had an awesome stay at Bethel Court, it was far enough away from the all inclusive's to feel like you were actually in Jamaica, but not too far away from the beach.

Stevie and the staff at Bethel court really look out for your safety and tell you about the expensive tourist traps to avoid.

It is not the quietest or cleanest guesthouse but it does the job and I would certainly stay there again.

Maddie

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
South Porcupine, ONTARIO
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Darryl and I stayed at Sandals Ocho Rios when we got married in Jan 2010. We returned to Jamaica this time to experience what Jamaica is really like, we booked into the Bethel Court Guesthouse.... what a nice change. Better than our stay at the 5 star resort! Steve is welcoming and makes you feel at home. He goes through important information for your stay there - places to go, things to do, and places to avoid! We really appreciated it! I would recommend staying at Bethel Court Guesthouse anyday to anyone! I hope you decide to check it out - and if you do, enjoy your stay! :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Timmins, ON
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Just got back from a week of touring Jamaica, and we booked two days at Bethel Court Guesthouse. It was the cheapest place we found so I was expecting the worst, but was pleasantly surprised when we got there. This was my second trip to Jamaica and this time decided to stay away from the big resort chains to get a feel for the real Jamaica. I stayed at Bethel Court Guesthouse with my wife, my sister in law, and her boyfriend. The four of us had a two bedroom unit with a large dining room, private bathroom and a kitchen. It was easily big enough for the four of us. The room was clean, very safe (a locked gate on each floor plus the deadbolt on the door), and had a terrific view as we were on the 3rd floor. The owner and staff were friendly and very helpful. When we arrived Richard (staff) offered us a tour of the place and then the owner (Steve) came to our unit and gave us a brief orientation to the hostel, and offered suggestions on how to get around the city, things to do/see in Montego Bay and all of Jamaica, how much some common services and products should cost us, and told us of some schemes hustlers have been using on tourists. He also gave us a map of Montego Bay showing the biggest attractions and unsafe places to avoid. I can honestly say the level of service at Bethel Court Guesthouse was far better then the treatment my wife and I recieved at a five star resort in Ocho Rio's that we stayed at in January of this year. We could not have been happier with our stay at Bethel Court Guesthouse and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Steve is VERY friendly and knowledgeable about Jamaica. He's super helpful and has the best deal on drivers. Most cab drivers charge $25 USD for a ride from the airport, but Steve's drivers only cost $15. If you are on a budget, this place is fantastic, especially if you're by yourself. I made friends while I was there. It's truly a home away from home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo