See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks here. Myself and 17yr old son.
LOCATION- In Mount Salem, a typical Jamaican residential area with the main hospital being 5mins away. Not a 'TOURIST' resort or area. 20MINS transfer from the airport. 10 mins from the main downtown or centre of MONTEGO BAY I.E. KFC or the BUS PARK. 15mins drive from the HIP STRIP 'Gloucester ave' and the public beach.
TRANSFER- They have their own drivers available to take you to most places as a charter (only you in the vehicle) from $500JMD. You can get PLENTY of local taxi drivers RED NUMBER PLATES ONLY who will take you on the taxi route back to the downtown for $100JMD each. However you will collect other passengers on the way, this is true Jamaican living and experience.
GUEST HOUSE- Was safe with plenty of other guests, white, black, Chinese, mixed, from all over the world, Germany, USA, UK ETC. There are grills on the front, with locks to be safe ,again this is typical normal Jamaican living.
ROOM- I had room 6, VERY large and spacious with a host of amenities to make the stay comfortable. Flooring was tiled as is the bathroom. There was a FAN (living room), AIR CONDITIONING(in bedroom) FAST FREE WIFI, MOSQUITO GRILLS (prevent them coming in), HUGE FRIDGE, DINING TABLE ,COOKER and self catering utensils. The bedroom was HUGE with a SUPERKING size bed which although firm, was COMFORTABLE and could probably sleep 3-4 people . There was another single bed in the living area. Plenty of storage space.
SHOWEROOM- HEATED water for warm to hot showers, (due to the weather most Jamaicans use only cold water).
HOSPITALITY- Steve who runs the guesthouse was very pleasant, having lived in the USA for many years he knows what is required. He lives at the top of the guest house so is accessible although there ISN'T A FRONT DESK. The rooms get cleaned on request from the guests and fresh towels and flannels(rags) also available. You are expected to contribute to the up keep of your apartment as it's your living space. There is a bin outside that guests can throw rubbish in.
The staff are friendly and have good banter and smiles.
BAD POINTS- The place is situated 300 metres from a church which can be very loud on a Sunday morning 8am.
Place could do with updating, fresh paint or around the taps in the bathroom/kitchen to be cleaned more. This isn't a HOTEL where you are waited on. YOU have completed INDEPENDENCE to make your stay the way you want it.
GOOD POINTS- EXCELLENT VALUE for MONEY, ANY good points outweigh any negatives. Let's you experience the real Jamaican culture while feeling safe and secure.
TAXI's are available at the entrance of the property REGULARLY (less than 1min). STAFF are all excellent. ROOMS are huge.
I don't think you can find a better place for THE PRICE... if you're a tourist that requires being waited on with an all inclusive swimming pool holiday...this is NOT for you. If you are a tourist that likes independence and value for money...YOU'VE got the right place.

Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank djsteeluk
Reviewed December 29, 2016

I have stayed at Bethel Court eight times. It's the only place that I've found that has kitchen cooking and refrigeration. When you are feeding four people like I was......being able to cook or pull a beer out of a fridge can save lots of money. Stevie is the owner and manager and always on site. If you need assistance he he almost always available.. It's not in a fancy part of town but the rooms are clean and safe. You will be a few miles from the beach...but it is easy to get a local cab to take you there for a few bucks. If you don't mind being off the beaten path....and need a reasonably priced place to stay and also like to cook your own food...then this is the place for you. I will be going back again next year.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank donmL5909CO
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Booked the 3 bedroom guest house with AC for 5 nights. On arrival was placed in a run down hostel no Ac or even comfortable chair to sit on and blocked toilets. Tried to stay there and rough it out but couldn't. On the second evening called manager explained that I booked and paid for guest house with Ac and these lodgings aren't either. Was moved to the guest house with Ac following day. Guest house was clean, spacious and suitable for family. I thought the manager put us in the wrong accommodation on purpose to save money so watch out.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed July 31, 2016

This was such a great experience, I don't know where to begin. lol Wonderfully priced, spacious, and clean. This was off the beaten path, so you're not around a bunch of tourists. Drivers are readily available to take you wherever you want to go and if you can get McKenzie, make sure you do so. He will tell you where to avoid on the strip (so you don't pay high prices) and will take you to local areas to get whatever you need.

My oldest sister and her family had come to Jamaica a few months before I came with our other sister and our niece (brother's daughter)-- she warned us of the high prices and that we would be hot because there was no AC in the rooms. Thankfully, she did not stay here, but somewhere on the strip. Again, McKenzie told us what places to avoid so we weren't overcharged and Bethel has AC (that works really well btw, just remember to turn it off when you leave).

I had read reviews before I got there and expected the free wifi to be crappy. Upon arrival, I unexpectedly met the owner and expressed to him I knew the wifi wasn't the greatest, but it was of no concern to me because I'd bought a Jamaican SIM card for my phone. He assured me that was incorrect and ensured I had access to wifi.

To be honest, this is the only place I will stay when I come to Montego Bay. I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank TheZuriExperience
Reviewed April 29, 2016

Bethel Court is up the hill a little bit, so know that the 1.5 miles that Expedia says that it is to the beach is not correct. When you check in, call to talk to Steve. He will explain to you the best way to get around. To town is $1 in a cab. Make sure you use only taxis with red plates. or they will try to rip you off for $20. Steve has 2 excellent guys that work with him named McKenzie, and I recommend Clifton. Watch the tours as most of them are unreliable. The rooms are clean, safe, have stoves, microwaves and be sure to brew up your Blue Mountain Coffee in the coffee machine. I would recommend Bethel Court! =)

Room tip: I stayed in Clive 2