“amazing wedding”
Review of Grandiosa Hotel

Grandiosa Hotel
Ranked #16 of 46 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 13, 2014

i got married here on the 28th november 2013, i must say they really pulled out all the stops for us, marsha was amazing the whole way through and although my hubby to be was in jamaica i was in the uk marsha was quick to respond to all my enquiries, when i arrived in jamaica 4 days before the wedding we went and saw marsha she talked us through everything that would happen on the day and we went through how we wanted everything done. I usual stay in no less than 5 star resorts this hotel was quite comfortable but basic. location is fantastic to mobay. thank you so marsha for all your help in planning our special day and making it so special. hayley and leo levy

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hayleypoulsom

Reviewed February 4, 2014

There are plenty of resorts in Montego Bay, however, I chose to spend my time at the Grandiosa. The room was clean and the hotel amendities were what you would expect from a hotel that costs less than $100 per night, but it was the service which made my trip. From the front desk to the luggage handler I was very happy. Everytime I needed anything they were on the spot. I would encourage travelers to consider the Gradiosa for their future travel needs. I know I will! They also provided a free shuttle to the airport.....which in Jamaica can be your first indication of how much money you will need for a spectacular trip in paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for Miss Grace and request an ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flossy217
Reviewed January 8, 2014

BFF and I went for a quick get away to relax. We ususally stay at all inclusive resorts but wanted to have a more authentic stay. Resort is quiet and not too far from town. Our rooms were overlooking the pool. We had nice clean rooms, king size beds, and refridgerator for things we picked up in town to munch on. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Marsha at the front desk was wonderful!

Room Tip: Upper level above the pool quiet and has a nice skyline view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katgem22
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

When booking Grandiosa we knew we weren't in for a luxury resort given the price but there's a lot the place could do to be better. The rooms are fine, slightly strange smell and the bathroom is pretty worn down but it was fine for a place to sleep a few hours. Our main problem was breakfast/dinner. Every time we are there we waited at least 30 minutes, twice almost an hour, for the food to come and that's if they had the food. One morning they were out of eggs and two evenings they were out of chicken which is poor for any standard of hotel. Also, I requested fresh towels one morning to be told they didn't have any which is pretty shocking. One very positive thing I have to say about the place was the receptionist Macria/Marsha? (Excuse my spelling). She was very welcoming and helped us to organize most things that we did, I could not fault her. Also note that on Google maps the hotel looks pretty close to the shore but it's located up a steep hill. To get to the strip it's at least a 15 minute walk at a good pace down a (mostly) unpaved, steep hill with little or no lighting. A cabs is 15 dollars from the strip to the hotel which can add up so it may be worth your while spending that bit extra on a better, closer hotel. Overall, not great and probably wouldn't go back but most issues could be easily sorted.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChrisFoley13
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived in MoBay late so decided to stay in a cheaper hotel and travel to our destination the next day. The room we got was dark and dingy with 2 small beds and a 1/2 shower. One tiny bar of soap was the only provisions. We were tired so had dinner and retired. The next morning as I was packing
I found a cockroach in my bed. I reported this to the desk as we checked out and asked for an upgrade on our reservation in two weeks. She said sorry and would make a note on my file. When we returned two weeks later we were offered a better room, but it felt like a box. Just a king bed and
TV, so I paid another $10.00 for a better room. This room was overlooking the pool and a lot more spacious. However, the pool was freezing, the bar had no tequila, and the breakfast had no eggs.
Enough said, even the waitress was not friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jean519
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Staff are nice, friendly and helpful. The food was good and also the breakfast. Ok prices. The view is nice over the sea and Montego Bay and the pool is ok. Its a little drive from the beach and the Montego Bay "strip", but close to the airport. We liked our stay here! And Grace in the reception was very helpful when we had some troubles with the airline connection.

Room Tip: Choose room 202 if you can, its the best room at the hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bimismyname
Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading all the painfully negative reviews on the Grandiosa, I wondered if I had made a huge mistake selecting it for a one night stay at an inexpensive hotel near Montego Bay airport.

We arrived on the island at 7:30 p.m., the night before our check-in day at the resort we selected for our vacation. I called the Grandiosa after clearing customs and they dispatched a driver to pick us up. The shuttle is free during daytime hours, however a $15.00 fee is charged at night. Turns out it would have been faster just to take a taxi at the airport for the same price.

Check-in was fast and efficient and the front office clerk and bell hop were very pleasant. We stayed in room #5; located on the first floor and overlooking the swimming pool. The room was clean, we had warm (not hot) water in the shower and the air conditioning unit worked. The free wireless internet connection also worked, which apparently is not always the case (the hotel states that the connection is available in the common areas and not specifically in any room). Problems noted with the room included a warped bathroom door which would not close all the way and an outdated safe, for which a key was needed to operate but not supplied at check-in. We could hear some traffic noise from inside our room but it was not overbearing. There was no music noise at all, but it was a Sunday night (maybe a problem on Friday and Saturday).

Before retiring, we went to the bar and had our free welcome cocktail (rum punch) and a couple of Red Stripe beers. The bartender was friendly and gave us lots of attention as we were his only customers.

Before checking out, we had breakfast at the restaurant. My wife had a bacon, cheese and green pepper omelet and I had eggs, toast and a side order of pancakes. Our breakfast was O.K., but nothing special. Our bill was about $22.00 including coffee, service fee and taxes.

All in all, the Grandiosa was not as bad as I had feared. It's certainly not the Hilton, or even the Best Western for that matter; but it proved to meet our needs for a one night stay. Special thanks to Martha for handling my pre-booking questions and post-stay transfer to our vacation destination.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the swimming pool, the better your chances are of the internet connection work...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple