“Treasured Experience”

Doctors Cave Beach Hotel
Ranked #40 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Doctor’s Cave
The best thing about Jamaica is the people hands down! Jamaica is rich in culture and beautiful people. My wife and I were welcomed by the warm staff at Doctors Cave on December 9th - 12th and December 17th-19th after we returned from Kingston. We felt at home and can’t wait to return. Kenny the bartender is EXCELLENT!! This man can not only make a hell of a drink, but he is a stand up guy and knows how to take care of you. He remembered us from last year and proceeded to treat us as family. He took us shopping for Jamaican specialties, spices and the like. Kenny turned us own to the best local food…ex. curry goat, rice and peas, etc.
Kenny has a way of bringing people together: One Love. Big Ups to Kenny!
We encountered some of the most amazing people at Doctors Cave from around the world.
Shari Jackson, the Manager on Duty was extremely helpful. Since we were staying at a bed in breakfast in Kingston and then Ocho Rios for a few days with no hotel in mind, she was able to help us book accommodations. Shari, Kenny and the entire staff were excellent as they were all courteous and attentive! We will certainly be back. FYI ---- Make sure you get Kenny’s rum punch recipe!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Onyx214

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Traveled Aug 2008: Hotel was decent the front desk staff was ok nothing to rave about. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The Location is right on the Hip Strip meannig its close to the shops and restaurants. The beach across the street was nice not to crowded. Be careful crossing the street (need i say more). What i didnt like was to get ice you had to walk through this path of the hotel that is actually outside but enclosed by a railing here and there. So at night needless to say i ran there and back. Excursion pick up was very close so that was nice.Overall decent hotel. One restaurant on site decent food

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Romero M
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I booked this property online and had my rates displayed , upon check out I was informed of an Energy Tax, which was not explained anywhere in or on their information. I called back to have this charge reversed and was promised a call back to date no phone call while I was in the Island. I have no problem paying any fees that I was informed of, this property just seemed to be nickling & diming their patrons , this occured on the Jazz festival weekend. l later went to Kingston to attend a wedding and upon my return Nedless to say, I stayed at another property, The Wexford. So ! you see they lost my additional business and any future possibility upon my return.......

Room Tip: Keep in mind you generally get what you pay for, Do take the time to visit Trip Advisor for previous...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Simply-Marvalus
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 2010 and 2012 Jan. Both times, rooms were clean. Any shortcomings were fixed immediately upon request. The staff are sincere, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Considering its location (ie. walking distance to beach, restaurants, nightclubs), the price is very affordable. Bartenders are very good in making drinks and entertaining guests. Towels are free, happy hour rum punch is free, referral to taxi drivers is free (but you need to negotiate the price with the driver yourself), continental breakfast is free!! But be aware, there are no organized activities or events within the hotel. Also, due to its location, it's noisy at night. As a global frequent flyer, I recommend this hotel to experienced travellers.

Room Tip: ask for bed size you want.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank GlobalFrequentFlyer
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Doctors Cave Beach Hotel in early November 2011 and had a wonderful vacation. The management and staff are friendly and accommodating and we plan to return in the Spring. Kenny does a wonderful job in food and beverage. There is a Continental breakfast daily and rum punch parties twice a week. When I booked this trip, I knew this was not a luxury, all inclusive hotel because I had stayed there previously; but it is located right on the main street where there are plenty of restaurants, shopping and entertainment. It is across the street from the two most popular beaches in MoBay. Our suite was very spacious and clean and when we had any requests, they were tended to immediately. WiFi was available in the lobby. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Linda T
Reviewed November 30, 2011

ok for price, was clean and its right on strip close to everything, but could use new mattresses, was out dated and looked better on website ! but its what u make of it ! we had left another place cause we decided to extend r visit to see jamaica, it was close to airport !!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonyacm
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The time of my life. This hotel is on what they call the Hip Strip and is well worth the $. It doesn't come with all the amenities as a 5 star hotel but if you are trying to party with locals and really enjoy Jamaica not a resort in Jamaica then I would most definitely recommend this hotel. And of course, you can walk to Sumfest.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor. First time to Jamaica so we brought lots of luggage with us. Please be a...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends