“Avoid Dive Sea World”

Cariblue Hotel and Scuba Resort
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I sent a few emails to Dive Sea World a week and a half before my trip using their contact page email. After no response in 2 days I sent another message through the contact form on the website. Roy Watkins contacted me back almost immediately so I thought it was just an issue with the email. I made arrangements for 2 of us to go out and do a couple of dives one day during our trip. I was told in one email we would be picked up at 8:45 at our resort. A later email changed it to 8 am. We were ready to go a little before 8. We didn't expect Roy to be there at exactly 8. This is the Caribbean after all. Still no Roy at 8:30. I went to check the email I had received and saw the 8:45 reference and thought that must be the time he's coming. By 9 am I got someone at our resort to call Roy. When I got Roy on the phone he told me conditions were very bad and they were not going out today. He said he sent me an email telling me this. I didn't have email access so couldn't verify this, but when I returned home I did not find an email from Roy canceling the trip. But here's the best part, I went to the watersports booth at the resort we were staying at and talked to them about diving and they happened to not have anything scheduled so we went right out and did a dive. Sea conditions were great. Less than 1' waves and visibility was at least 50 feet. My guess is Roy didn't have anyone else going out and didn't want to waist his time with just 2 divers. After reading other reviews here about Roy and his operation I'm glad he canceled on us. I would likely not have gone out even if he had shown up because we analyze all of our tanks for carbon monoxide and would likely have come up with a very high reading based on what I've read in other reviews. I don't know how this guy stays in business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Rob N

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently dove with sea caribe whilst on a cruise stopping in Jamaica. I had been in contact with Roy and made all my arrangements. They picked me up at the port and I was the only diver. The dives were good and I was all set to write a positive review but when I returned to the ship to clean my gear I found my regulator filter was brown from contaminates in the tank (I use a apollo bio filter) and had a foul smell when I opened the filter unit. I thought the air 'tasted' funny. I reported it to Roy so they could check their tanks. I was disappointed that they did not seem overly concerned or offer to replace my filter. Communication was really good in the planning but the fouled tanks would prevent me from recommending them.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ejaiello
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Cariblue is the worst place to stay its boring the toilet over flown on us urggh .. Staff don't care and we wre alone in the hotel The pool wad dirty, in they had bed bug bite ants all over the sink No macro wave they didn't clean your bed sheets

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Angieruiz1
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I absolutely loved my experience with Roy and Vincent! I went out on a discovery dive and the waters were beautiful! Roy picked me up at the hotel and showed me many of the sites on the way to his facility. After introducing me to Vincent, we were shortly on our way. The water was clear and he took me out on a beautiful reef! Saw some wonderful things and would not have changed a thing. Roy then took me back to the hotel. I had ZERO complaints with this company and will be contacting them on my next return to Montego Bay! Thanks so much Dive Seaworld!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Surbrook
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Recently we stayed at Cariblue Hotel.although not new ,is not a DUMP .If on a budget & need a reasonable place to stay one can go there. It is not all inclusive .Everything was clean T.V. etc worked .It is value for money .The room was big the view great.I must say Kudos to Mr Walkin and staff (I can be picky.)they were very accommodating.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bloomthomas
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I'll start off simply by saying that Customs didn't even know about this establishment. In July I had to stay a week at Cariblue much to my chagrin. Dated rooms, with poor lighting, a pool that is not cleaned daily, faulty toilets, faulty televisions, No staff to clean rooms, old dingy comforters, and not even a community microwave to warm your food if need be. You're on your own here, and if you're looking for a getaway this isn't the place, you'll feel like you're not even on vacation. By all means give other neighboring hotels your time and attention, and do not stay here. I almost cried when we pulled into this place smh.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank DoctaPOPS
Reviewed August 10, 2011

for starters, to call this DUMP! a hotel,would be an extreme overstatement.i was in jamaica for a family reunion and cariblue was chosen for us to stay.it was hands down the worst experience of my life.roy watkins was there to greet us the first day of our stay, and he was never seen again.we were left with the receptionist and the 3 workers to deal with all the issues that were presented.we were only given one key for a room that was occupied by 4 people.we were not provided with basic necessities such as toilet paper,towels,hot water,or soap.the toilet in the room that i stayed in overflowed 3 times, and when i went to report the incident, i was told there were no workers, the receptionist came and threw a sheet down over the mess.it was not cleaned until the following morning.around day 2 i happened to flip the comforter over and discovered that it was all stained.i had to go to the main lobby and personally tell the receptionist to tell the housekeeping to not place that old,dirty comforter back on the bed.i went through 3 television sets before i was able to watch any form of television during my stay, and still the channels would show in black and white and were not clear at all.when we arrived, the pool was extremely dirty.it was in no conditions to swim in.the pool was not cleaned until the third day of our stay.cariblue is in no condition to take in any guest.this "hotel" is beyond run down and it seems like the last time it was maintained was 30 years ago.roy watkins is just a money hungry man and does not care about the needs of the guest.if you plan on visiting jamaica, DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT stay at cariblue.it is a big disappointment.it is very true that you get what you pay for.this trip came out more expensive in the long run.if you have booked here already,i advise that you cancel and find other accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family