“Outstanding service”
Review of Reggae Tours

Reggae Tours
Ranked #4 of 108 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Reggae Tours Jamaica; "A Vacation Changing Experience". Here at Reggae Tours Jamaica, we are eager to share our personalized service and the opportunity for you to experience the unique beauty and culture of our island. We are a small, local based Jamaican team of professional drivers and tour guides who will help you to enjoy this tropical paradise as you explore its natural beauty, rich history, vibes and spirit of the Jamaican people. You'll be welcomed as visitors but leave as family.
Colchester, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I chose Reggae Tours rather randomly online, booking private transport between hotel and airport. I chose to pay a few extra dollars so we could avoid any wait at theairport and get to the hotel ASAP to start enjoying our time. Unfortunately, there was a mixup of some sort and we ended up waiting 30 minutes + at the airport. Having said that - I have never seen a company go to such great lengths to apologize, acknowledge a mistake, and make it right. Not only did they email me within 24 hours to notify me they were refunding that portion of the trip money to me - on the ride back to the airport (in an upgraded car) the owner of the company madea point of personally apologizing to me - he had asked the driver to call when we were in the car.

Outstanding service, great drivers - a company with integrity. I would book again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lisa M

Lexington, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Reggae Tours is fantastic!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Reggae Tours provides very reliable and friendly transport in Jamaica. It works for wherever you want to go, either a customized tour or transport to and from the airport. We use them every time we travel to Jamaica, which is nearly every winter. I can not recommend them highly enough! They now have a booth in the airport near the Sandals lounge. It could not be more convenient!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank strathspey
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Reggae Tours - Private Transfer to/from Montego Bay Airport”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

After reading other TripAdvisor reviews of Reggae Tours' private transfer service from the Montego Bay Airport, we signed up. Upon arrival and after clearing customs, we were warmly and promptly greeted by a Reggae Tours representative, who coordinated with another representative to help us with our luggage. Through no fault of Reggae Tours, our driver was somewhat delayed in picking us up. During the wait, the Reggae Tours staff was very attentive and deeply apologetic, which made us feel like they were treating the issue seriously; and, although we were already on "island time" and weren't concerned about the wait, they did not minimize the problem. When our driver arrived, he, too, was very friendly and helpful. The van was very clean, spacious, and cooly air-conditioned. To our surprise, and wholly unprompted by us, we soon learned that Reggae Tours intended to refund to us the one-way, outgoing portion of our airport transfer because of the delay in pickup. I am very impressed with the company's professionalism and dedication to customer service. Though the company seems to always strive for flawless execution of its services, and no doubt usually delivers that goal, what is most telling to me about their quality is their quick, customer-oriented efforts to resolve the issue that we had, and to "make right" what the company perceived of as an error.

I highly recommend Reggae Tours' private airport transfer service to anyone who would like to eliminate the stress that can be involved with a group transfer.

Oh, and our return trip to the airport was, in fact, flawless.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank MH19842014
Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stop Looking for a Tour Company, this is the one!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our family has visited Jamaica 4 times in the past 5 years. Each time we use Reggae Tours for our airport/hotel transfers. We have also used them for tours. They are always on time (usually early) and go out of their way to be helpful. This year our flight was delayed by 9 hours. We were supposed to arrive at 2PM and didn't arrive until 11PM. Greg, the Owner of Reggae Tours was waiting for us and his first words, "Welcome Home!". When we climbed in the van, Greg had cold drinks and jerk chicken waiting for us (we didn't even request it!). He said he assumed we would be hungry after flying all day and wanted to be sure our kids had some dinner. This company is the REAL DEAL; professional, prompt, and ALWAYS willing to help out. Reggae Tours IS the best.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank redrocks145
Houston
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“More of a driver than a tour guide, but still a wonderful day in Negril”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My parents and I booked the Negril experience tour with Reggae Tours in Dec 2013. We stopped in Montego Bay for one day on a cruise and wanted to take a tour to Negril, I believe the description online mentioned we would see a few historic sites along the way but that did not happen. Our driver/guide, Cliff, was very helpful and accommodating but was definitely more of a driver than a guide.

We visited a shop for souvenirs, and stopped at the Negril Tree House restaurant on Seven Mile Beach (near Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville). The Tree House was the highlight of the day, I definitely want to thank Cliff for showing us this gem. The beach is beautiful and the drinks were delicious, and it was much more peaceful than the tourist scene at Jimmy Buffet's. Cliff was a little too friendly with me, which would have been okay in a group with friends but as I was with my parents in their 60s it was just uncomfortable.

We ended the day at Rick's Café to watch the cliff diving, which was fun. Rick's is a huge, very touristy bar and restaurant. The food there is terrible but the bathrooms are very clean and nice (as is the whole establishment), the cliff diving is very entertaining (be prepared to tip the divers, you can also jump if you want), and the views are breathtaking.

Overall from reading other reviews it seems like Reggae Tours is an excellent company with a fantastic reputation and I do not disagree. We had a good experience and I am always inclined to go with someone that is highly reviewed, but if you are looking for just a driver you may get a better price elsewhere.

Visited December 2013