“Best service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reggae Tours

Reggae Tours
Ranked #5 of 107 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Reggae Tours Jamaica; "A Vacation Changing Experience". Here at Reggae Tours Jamaica, we are eager to share our personalized service and the opportunity for you to experience the unique beauty and culture of our island. We are a small, local based Jamaican team of professional drivers and tour guides who will help you to enjoy this tropical paradise as you explore its natural beauty, rich history, vibes and spirit of the Jamaican people. You'll be welcomed as visitors but leave as family.
Orlando, Florida
“Best service!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friend and I arrived at Montego Bay in August. We both arrived on different flights/different times...in fact hers was delayed. I called Gregg to advise of the later time and "no problem!" we were greeted by Gregg at the right place and time. He welcomed us and helped us load into a passenger van (clean & great a/c!) driven by a super nice, knowledgeable and courteous driver. We were the only ones on board for our trip to Negril and we were treated first class. Gregg must read minds as my friend and I discussed what time we should leave our hotel, we decided on 9am. When I called Gregg to confirm our pick up the day before, he said "No problem! We'll be there at 9am". Great minds think alike. His driver arrived, in a 4-door car (clean & great a/c), and was also polite and courteous. We were so pleased with everything - price, drivers, vehicles, promptness - I am booking with them again for a trip back in a couple of months. Would highly recommend to anyone. I also learned that Gregg has several drivers on hand full-time but has a list of drivers he can go to when times get busy - good to know if you plan on going during tourist season.

Prescot
“Back to Jamaica”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What more could you say about a tour company that meets you at the airport with a sign reading "Welcome Home" having been here many times before. We had used Reggae tours the previous year and because of their superb service decided to use them again. We weren't disappointed.
Prior to the start of our recent vacation we contacted Gregg several times regarding a trip we wanted to make. He was always helpful and quick to reply. This year we decided to customise our own private island tour and with Gregg's help and advice the trip turned out to be beyond our expectations. Despite an early start (4 am) our driver Jeffery Stephens was already waiting for us in the lobby. What can we say about Jeffery? He is an asset to the company, nothing was too much trouble, and he certainly went the extra mile for us. A private tour of a coffee plantation (were we were able to purchase genuine Blue Mountain coffee), and a lunch, were arranged for us at the Strawberry Hill hotel in the Blue Mountains overlooking Kingston. We had only asked Gregg that we would like a lunch stop and a visit to the mountains. These were the surprises that he arranged. Fantastic. It was the highlight of the trip. We ended our day at Rick's Cafe for the sunset. Having left Kingston at a late hour, our driver Jeffery pulled out all the stops to make sure we didn't miss the sunset. He made it with 10 min. to spare. We arrived back at our hotel in Lucea at 8 pm after a wonderful day thanks to Gregg and Jeffery at Reggae Tours.
On our private transfer back to the airport, again driven by Jeffery we received a call from Gregg wishing us a safe journey home. Now that is what we call customer service. We would have no problems recommending Reggae Tours to other people visiting Jamaica.
Thank you Gregg and your team. We hope to see you next year.

suburban Wash, DC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“clean, reliable transfers”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked a private transfer from the Mobay airport to/from my hotel in Rose Hall. The car was clean and I was offered a beverage. On the return trip to the airport, the driver arrived 30 minutes early and I had not yet had my bags picked up nor had I checked out. Fortunately, that process was swift and I consider 30 minutes early better than 30 minutes late.

There was hiccup upon arrival. The website says that they monitor flights so if your plane is delayed, they will know and will be there waiting. Well, my plane was delayed and upon arrival, I actually met up with a friend who was going to the same resort but had booked a private transfer for herself. The driver suggested that since we were both going to the same place that we go together. Their website also states a no refund policy so I questioned whether one or both of us would get a refund. He avoided the question but reiterated the suggestion that we go together. Since I had planned a stop at Scotchies and my friend just wanted to check in ASAP and take a nap and we couldn't get a straight answer on the refund, we both ended up going separately. It seems they were unprepared as it took about 15 minutes to locate the other driver and before we we both on our way.

Hiccup aside, I will use them for my next Jamaica trip.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“This review will be helpful for families traveling with children.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Because of our positive experience, we will always choose Reggae Tours for our tours and airport transport. This is why....

There is nothing like getting to your destination, then having to wait for the bus to fill up...many stops to drop off other passengers at other hotels...not with Reggae Tours. We were met by Gregg Connell and then taken immediately to our destination by Devon. We were offered cold drinks. Omg!!! Yah! Mon! Then within 15 minutes we were at our resort. The people that were on the same plane with us got there 90 minutes later? This is a big deal when you are traveling with kids.

We read about Gregg Connell on the montego bay forum and contacted him because my daughter wanted to visit an orphanage. He had help some other families with this. My daughter had worked on collecting gifts for the children for a year. Anyway, Gregg helped us arrange the visit and provided complimentary transport to Garland Hall Children's home.

He did not ask us if we wanted airport transport. He was just happy to help with the orphanage visit. That really impressed me about him. I actually asked for airport transport after about 4 emails back and forth. He is an amazing person.

On that same day...the visit to Garland Hall. He planned an itinerary for us which included a visit to the orphanage.. then Mo Bay/Falmouth highlight tour.. then a visit to the Luminous Lagoon...the driver Devon even stopped so that we could do some shopping. This was all done for a reasonable price.

Before you book your trip, ask your travel agent to give you a break down. Ask for the cost of transport. You will find out that 65.00 for a private transport is a steal. Why not use the money you saved for something else. Why not check them out?

Will never go with any other service. We were so happy and pleased. Here is my daughter's video of her visit to the orphanage.

One Love

1 Thank mayterrance
New Jersey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Montego Bay highlight tour”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this tour and I'm glad that I did.....Jeffery our tour guide and driver was AWESOME!!!!! He was on time picking us up from Secrets St. James hotel on 8/19. He was very informative, friendly, and humble. He always asked us if we were ok during our tours and kept the tour interesting the whole time. He even took us to SCOTCHIES to get some REAL JERK CHICKEN...My friend wanted to try some authentic jerk chicken and he was gladly to take us to the number spot he said in Jamaica. So thanks again Jeffery for your kindness, your service and for making our tour a memorable one!!!! Oh and thanks for being our photographer too!!!! See you next year! May GOD keep you and yours from harm and safe!!!!

2 Thank LoveLife72