“This review will be helpful for families traveling with children.”
Review of Reggae Tours

Reggae Tours
Ranked #11 of 118 Tours in Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Reggae Tours Jamaica; "A Vacation Changing Experience". Here at Reggae Tours Jamaica, we are eager to share our personalized service and the opportunity for you to experience the unique beauty and culture of our island. We are a small, local based Jamaican team of professional drivers and tour guides who will help you to enjoy this tropical paradise as you explore its natural beauty, rich history, vibes and spirit of the Jamaican people. You'll be welcomed as visitors but leave as family.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Because of our positive experience, we will always choose Reggae Tours for our tours and airport transport. This is why....

There is nothing like getting to your destination, then having to wait for the bus to fill up...many stops to drop off other passengers at other hotels...not with Reggae Tours. We were met by Gregg Connell and then taken immediately to our destination by Devon. We were offered cold drinks. Omg!!! Yah! Mon! Then within 15 minutes we were at our resort. The people that were on the same plane with us got there 90 minutes later? This is a big deal when you are traveling with kids.

We read about Gregg Connell on the montego bay forum and contacted him because my daughter wanted to visit an orphanage. He had help some other families with this. My daughter had worked on collecting gifts for the children for a year. Anyway, Gregg helped us arrange the visit and provided complimentary transport to Garland Hall Children's home.

He did not ask us if we wanted airport transport. He was just happy to help with the orphanage visit. That really impressed me about him. I actually asked for airport transport after about 4 emails back and forth. He is an amazing person.

On that same day...the visit to Garland Hall. He planned an itinerary for us which included a visit to the orphanage.. then Mo Bay/Falmouth highlight tour.. then a visit to the Luminous Lagoon...the driver Devon even stopped so that we could do some shopping. This was all done for a reasonable price.

Before you book your trip, ask your travel agent to give you a break down. Ask for the cost of transport. You will find out that 65.00 for a private transport is a steal. Why not use the money you saved for something else. Why not check them out?

Will never go with any other service. We were so happy and pleased. Here is my daughter's video of her visit to the orphanage.

One Love

"private transfer"
in 49 reviews
"great service"
in 64 reviews
"ys falls and pelican bar"
"beach bum"
"day trip"
in 37 reviews
"rick's cafe"
in 28 reviews
"iberostar grand rose hall"
in 8 reviews
"travel agent"
in 21 reviews
"friendly driver"

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this tour and I'm glad that I did.....Jeffery our tour guide and driver was AWESOME!!!!! He was on time picking us up from Secrets St. James hotel on 8/19. He was very informative, friendly, and humble. He always asked us if we were ok during our tours and kept the tour interesting the whole time. He even took us to SCOTCHIES to get some REAL JERK CHICKEN...My friend wanted to try some authentic jerk chicken and he was gladly to take us to the number spot he said in Jamaica. So thanks again Jeffery for your kindness, your service and for making our tour a memorable one!!!! Oh and thanks for being our photographer too!!!! See you next year! May GOD keep you and yours from harm and safe!!!!

2  Thank Nisa W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Used this service for round-trip airport to/from Hilton hotel transfers. Price for family of 4 was $65 US prepaid for a round trip transfer; this beats everyone else at $80 round trip. Ask for the driver "Romaine". We paid for an exclusive ride; meaning that we did not pickup anyone else, nor make any other stops. It's a 10-15 minute ride from the airport to the hotel in an air-conditioned van. I booked it online at their website. They were there when I landed---even though my flight was delayed and they picked me up early on the way back. Only thing I did not like was that there was supposed to be complimentary drinks in the cab ride to the hotel, and none were offered.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked airport transfers to Secrets through Reggae Tours. I paid through Paypal and received an email confirmation. I also rented a cell phone for my time there to keep in touch with the hubs and the kids. The process was simple and smooth.
When I arrived George was there with a sign waiting for us. The car pulled right up and we were on our way.
We also called Greg the next day to take us to the hip strip. The price was quite high ($60 is ridiculous for a 10 min r/t, but is what all the cabs charged!) but we were oh so pleased with him and his service. Not just a cab ride, but an experience that was one of the highlights of our trip. He explained the things that we passed, told us stories about his life and experiences in Jamaica. It was wonderful.
He didn't drive us to a point and drop us off like most drivers would, he drove us all the way through so that we could see what was around before we started walking and helped us select the best point to start from.
He also said that he'd take us on a different route home, and he did. We went inland through the town center - an area that I'd never heard about but definitely want to explore on my next trip. It was bustling, locals everywhere. People selling things and/or just out and about. It looked like the place to be for locals rather than the touristy hip strip. We also went through a few neighborhoods - some very nice and some not so much. It was enlightening to see how and where the people live that we interact with everyday on the resorts.
Finally we were picked up for the airport by Romaine (very pleasant on the eyes). Once again, impeccable service. Very kind and courteous. I didn't need to call - he was waiting right at the resorts door at the time George told me when we arrived. He stopped to take a few pictures for us on the way and was so friendly.
I have nothing but goodness to convey about Reggae Tours. Even the story of how Greg started the business was inspiring. A very friendly, professional group of people that I'd recommend any day.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Visiting Jamaica for the first time with my boyfriend I did alot of research before booking excursions and my research definitely paid off with Reggae Tours.
I had contacted a few different tours for prices and intineraries of what we wanted to do and Gregg at Reggae Tours responded quickly, offered a private tailored tour of what we wanted and for the best value.
We paid a deposit through Paypal, received our itineraries promptly and paid the remainder on arrival.
When we arrived in Montego Bay, our driver was at the airport waiting for us even though our flight was in early and he was polite and friendly pointing out local attractions on the way to the hotel.
As we were only staying in Jamaica for 5 nights we wanted to do our excursions at the start of our trip over 2 days to allow time to relax as well and with Reggae Tours we were able to jam alot in.
Our driver Nicholas picked us up from our hotel lobby both mornings and brought us off in a comfortable mini van pointing out various things along the way.
On our first day we made the mistake of eating over-priced food at one of the tourist spots so we asked Nicholas to recommend somewhere for the famous jerk chicken on our second day and we werent disappointed! He brought us to Scotchies, a famous Jamaican jerk restaurant where we had amazing local food!
Overall we were extremely happy with our tours and the service provided by Gregg and his staff, in particular Nicholas. It was hassle free and I would definitely recommend them to others.