All reviews doctor's cave beach sky pool hip strip yoga mat direct access min drive from the airport gorgeous hotel front desk highly recommend this hotel fifth floor my home away from home huge bathroom my fav excellent stay close proximity rooms are clean clear water
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

There are many hotels in MontegoBay but none like the S Hotel.
After visiting there and learning the hotels history, it became clear to me that a lot of work and love was put into making this Jamaican Gem a reality.
From the friendly staff to the well thought out decor of the property the S Hotel offers a unique experience like no other.
Located on the hip strip where you can easily find different restaurants and fun entertainment, everything is just a few steps away.
With everything so affordable- The S Hotel makes spending easier, from the spa to there restaurants and bars.
Delicious cocktails by the glass wall pool is the perfect settings to start your vacation.
Not to mention the massages at the spa, it's a must to complete the experience, relieve stress from your shoulders and leave you in complete awesomeness.
An experience to experience at the S Hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2019

The S Hotel Jamaica was perfect.... the contemporary decor, location, excellent food and great customer service. There is no other hotel in Jamaica that would be able to provide the same value. What I enjoyed most were... 1. The view from the Oceanview suite 2. The Skydeck had great drinks, views and very nice glass enclosed pool. 3. The food was amazing. I will definitely be returning soon.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2019

After months of watching this hotel being renovated, I was really looking forward to experiencing this property. My wife and I try and visit every hotel on the island whenever we get a break, and when we heard the S Hotel had opened up, she booked it for my birthday weekend.

We appreciated the ample parking, and seeing Katherine Hepburn's classic 1953 Singer convertible parked at the entrance was a sign that we were in for a treat.

The lobby is beautiful and filled with Classic Jamaican musical and cultural memorabilia and pictures. The styling is very modern with chic natural wood accents, and we spent our first hour just looking at the historical pictures on the wall and flipping through the great coffeetable books. Throughout the hotel, the styling is tastefully modern, with just a touch of whimsy - like the recipe for Passion Fruit Sangria lovingly rendered in chalk on the restaurant wall.

The staff was very friendly and exhibited a real pride in the hotel itself as they showed us the spa facilities and main pool area. At no time did we have to look for help as there was always someone asking if we were okay.

The room was beautiful, with a absolutely huge bathroom with modern fixtures.
A cavernous modern dual shower with three rainfall showerheads and a gorgeous wicker-encased bathtub we never got around to using - next time for that. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the large balcony afforded great day- and nighttime views of the beach and the city.

The Spa was a pleasant surprise. While it was a little smaller than we've experienced at larger hotels, the space was used extraordinarily well. They somehow managed to squeeze three temperature therapy saltwater pools, and a sauna, all of which we thoroughly enjoyed. We topped things off with a couples aromatic and hot stone massage that was bliss.

The food was top notch. We never felt the need to leave the hotel to get decent food, I highly recommend the Lamb Shank, the Black Angus Steak and the coconut-crusted shrimp. The waiters knew the wine list well, and the service was on point.

The design of the hotel is such that you feel very isolated from the hustle and bustle of being in the heart of Montego Bay. It's very peaceful. The one time we left to meet friends in the city we both commented how we had forgotten we were in Mobay.

I highly recommend S Hotel - the Hip Strip has needed a top notch hotel for decades...it's finally here.

Looking forward to our next visit.

Room tip: Go for sky club level if you can
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank vfxwolf
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this property some 20 years ago and was so disappointed! The purchase of the property and transition by the Issa family is beyond remarkable! My stay was enhanced by the front desk staff that did everything to make my stay an over the top experience! The staff was amazing they made u want to be there and did whatever to fufill your smallest of request. I have been traveling to JA for over 20 years and don't use high end hotels but this place is more like a substitute home than a hotel! They go above and beyond to make your experience special!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank David O
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

My friend and I spent a long weekend at the " S HOTEL" in Mobtego Bay, Jamaica Match 2019 and we loved the hotel's proximity to the airport, beautiful rooms, beach and more importantly the wonderful and caring attitude of the pool bar staff on the Executive Floor and restaurants! We highly recommend this hotel and please congratulate your pool bar and restaurant employees! Super caring and polite!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCALVAREZ123