“Relaxing and Beautiful Trip”
Review of Martha Brae River

$130.00*
Martha Brae Rafting and Luminous Lagoon Tour
Ranked #3 of 74 things to do in Montego Bay
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I went on this adventure with four of our friends. The Martha Brae River is toward Ochos Rios and is absolutely beautiful. The cost we paid was $60.00 per raft and our tour guide was Kar "the only Kar on the river..." He was absolutely hilarious. We enjoyed our entire trip as he sang to us, told us things about Jamaica and about plants/birds/life along the river. The only downside was my husband got bit by some type of bug and his ankle swelled up to the size of an elephant! I guess this could've happened anywhere in Jamaica though. Ha Ha! So nothing against this tour! Kar carved us a beautiful design into a fruit sort of like a coconut...I forget what it's called, but I love it! Kar also allowed me to take control of the bamboo raft-it's a lot harder than it looks so give these guys a break and a good tip at the end. The ride is 3 miles long and well worth the trip! Enjoy!

1  Thank AshleynStephen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was a hour and half trip down a 3 mile stretch of river it was romantic as well as fun and educational. I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A wonderful way to see the riverside, drifting down a river on Bamboo in the capable hands of Patric our "captain". It is a bit of pot luck who you get as a captain but was a more mature local who had many interesting tales to tell. A thoroughly enjoyable experience although do beware of the bank side vendors.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

$70 per person on the bamboo rafts for two persons is ok
a nice ride on that beautiful river with fantastic vegetation
on both sides

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Quite tranquil experience and our guide Ashley was knowledge about the area and legends. It made the ride more interesting.