“Peaceful and romantic”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Peaceful and romantic”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It was perfect! Make sure you pick a day when the cruise ship is not in port. Check into paying for a cab ride there. It is cheaper when you pay at the river and you will spend the money that you save on a private ride. That way, your driver will make stops if you need to.

1 Thank GarysJen

Davidson, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“So relaxing”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Loved our trip down the river! The guide was interesting and had a wonderful singing voice. We didn't purchase any of his carvings, but they were actually quite nice! A great way to spend a few hours in Jamaica!

Visited July 2013
Spring Valley, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“relaxation”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The most relaxation you exer had on the raft. The most hospitable people you ever met. I wish the world was like this

1 Thank misskay66
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Meh”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went on this excursion as sold through Carnival. The guide on the bus tried to engage us, but frankly the ride isn't very scenic and Montego Bay didn't seem to have anything worth mentioning ("and on the left is a call center, on the right is a prison").

Once we got dropped off at the rafting center we waited around for 30 mins so that we could go to the bathroom (good), and get sold overpriced drinks from the bar or purchase trinkets from the souvenir shop (somewhat lame). Then we were off to the rafting.

Compared to everyone else's rafting experience, I must have gotten a bad raft captain. We got one that was indifferent at best. He pointed out some of the local flora and fauna but didn't really seem eager to interact with us unless he was trying to sell us a $30 cup he (supposedly) carved himself, or stop by one of the many vendors selling drinks and souvenirs on the way. In the end, it was mildly entertaining but not fantastic.

Afterwards they took us to a terrible souvenir shop where we were trapped for over an hour. My husband bought some red stripe that made him violently ill. Worst part of the trip.

On the way back the tour guide made an aggressive plea for tips. This was on top of our raft captain's aggressive request for tips. Everyone on the islandewas super aggressive about asking for tips or getting us to buy something. I understand that's how they make their livelyhood, but when I tell you three times that I am "just looking", I mean it. I am not going to change my mind just because you bring me a different hat, booze, or beach towel with Rhianna's butt on it.

Overall, the rafting was entertaining, but overpriced for what you get and bundled with a bunch of unneeded elements that just brought the entire experience down. I would spend my money and time going to the falls.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank jayci
Goddard, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Rafting Trip”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice and quiet, this is on a 30 ft bamboo raft that stretches 3 miles. Our Jamaican guide was very helpful in relating Jamaica's history to us.