“Avoid this hotel if you require any sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wexford Hotel

The Wexford Hotel
Ranked #51 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Bangkok, Thailand
“Avoid this hotel if you require any sleep”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed for onenight at this hotel and had practicaly zero sleep. This is an extremely loud all night bar 100m from the premises and it is also situated on a main road with constant traffic and loud horn tooting. The staff are quite nice and the meals are adequate, rooms are basic and clean. Did not feel very safe as there seemed to be a number of unregistered guests!!
I would never stay here again because of the sleep issue.
Doug Kirwin
Thailand

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dkirwin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

After spending a week in Runaway Bay I was forced to stay in Mobay February 21 due to weather conditions my flight back to the US was canceled. It took me over an hour to get checked in as I experienced the "no problem attitude". It was a party of five so we got a couple rooms, for starter I did not felt secure, the rooms doors could not lock, as my husband was in one room sleeping and I decided to go check on him only to find him fast asleep thinking that the door was locked to our surprise it was not. The room was old and dingy it looked and felt dirty I slept in my clothes because I was afraid to take a shower from fear of catching some disease. It had one tiny bar of face soap and one was rag so my kids had to share.

At breakfast on 02-22-14 I had to deal with a woman who had no customer service skills, her face was up more than mine. I asked for Orange juice twice she gave me pineapple juice. My sister was the last one to join us for breakfast when I ask her for another glass of OJ she turned and ask for who, can you imagine. She disgust me.

Maybe I should have asked to speak to management but I did not I only wanted to get out of there. I would never consider your hotel again. If I remember well the rooms were 103 &107. No security what's up with that people were coming in and out as they pleased

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Marcia_s265

Travelers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. This hotel is convenient to Doctor's Cave Beach and is located on the hip strip. It is unfortunate the so poorly maintained. The stairwell near our room was dark (no lift bulbs in the sockets). There were no smoke detectors in our room. We had one Banquet chair in our room to sit on. My husband fell in the shower (very slippery) and the shower curtain and rod fell on him.

We were not going to complain but we. My husband fell in the shower, that was it for us. I called the front desk but instead of hearing the many safety issues and what happened to my husband, the Supervisor was rude and argumentative.

I was very disappointed with the many safety issues and with the lack of professionalism on the part of the front desk supervisor. I will never stay there again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank tee1_4eva
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2014

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank tee1_4eva
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Wexford is a good place to stay if you are traveling in country and don't want to burn out after a long journey to get to Jamaica with another several hour car trip to your final destination. The view is excellent and and you are close to excellent restaurants not the least of which is the one in the hotel! It seems like Jamaican hotels are determined to give you breakfast. Typically it will be a small continental one which leaves you wanting to order more which of course you can do and it will be good. The Wexford gives you a breakfast worthy of a king.....with a large variety of typical Jamaican dishes you won' t find in most tourist hotels or restaurans. It's almost worth staying here just for the amazing breakfast!!......The van service to the airport was fast and efficient.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is good(no rooms on the first floor) because the elevator is tiny & prone to disfuncti...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hlove10587
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at The Wexford December 2013 for 7 nights, I will never stat there again.
Cons:
1. The shuttle never showed up, I was at the airport for over an hour waiting and they had to nerve to tell me they were there waiting but never say me.
2. My flat iron got stuck in the outlet and it took them 2 days to come up and remove it. To make matters worse, the guy they sent up made a sexual joke saying holes are supposed to be tight. I am can take a joke but that was inappropriate since this is a hotel and he and I are not friends.
3. The elevator does not work so prepared to hoof it up the stairs
4. The icing on the cake one morning after my room was cleaned I went in and while I was in the bathroom someone entered my room without knocking.
Pros:
1. Great location, its close to Margaretville, there are also several restaurants in the area and it’s close to Doctor’s Cave and Aqusaol Beach

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

my name is Margaret my family and I stayed at the wexford hotel on December 2013
I must say the staff was friendly and accommodating they did everything to make your stay worth while. The breakfast omg we had the breakfast buffet was amazing they even offer things not being served for the kids they made it happen we even sent the kids down for lunch with money and the came back with the exact change. Security on site at all time being at the pool was like being on the beach
the pool is on top of the roof surrounding by sand with lounge jus like you would have at the beach I look forward to my next trip I would like to send a shout out to Sophia the manager u really earn the name of being a manager you and your staff did a fantastic job base and your honesty and hard work I look forward to saying her in the near future.

m nibbs
Toronto,ont

Room Tip: we had the ocean view were we could see the cruise line come in
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family