My husband and I recently returned from a too-fast 5 day trip to Sandals Carlyle. We've never stayed right in town like that before, so weren't sure what to expect. Honestly, it was like staying with relatives - in a great way. I feel like I actually know the staff at Sandals - they are so personable and really do bring the 'personalized' service to live. We had access to Royal Caribbean and Montego Bay as well - all 3 combined were some of the best resort food we've had EVER.
The beaches were beautiful, the food was great, the staff were like our friends and family. They kept track of our comings and goings, which made us feel even safer, although we never felt unsafe otherwise. Christopher was fabulous, Doreen was fabulous, everyone was so professional and personable.
The only thing we didn't like was that at Carlyle, there is no 'Sandals' beach - its a public beach across the street, which is okay in itself, but the locals partied until pretty well into the night. You couldn't hear them so much, but the bass pounding from the cars parked just outside the resort. Which sometimes made car alarms go off in the middle of the night or early AM. Your ocean view is of the beautiful water and beach, and also of the street, traffic and people 'tailgating' on the weekend. So for the beach, we went every day to Royal Caribbean and Monetgo Bay - which were of course gorgeous, full service and not overly busy. We had no problems getting chairs, waiters, grass umbrellas no matter what time of day we went. The pizza is from a wood-burning oven. The gnocci melts on your tongue. The Red Stripe is cold and refreshing and you have to try the Thai restaurant on the Sandals private island at Royal Caribbean.
If you're looking for a quick getaway - totally recommend this. By choosing Carlyle, we had all of the same amenities as the other 2 resorts but spent less money. The shuttles ran every 30 minutes all day long and were free of course.
Thanks Sandals Carlyle!! We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Prestigia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay