We were looking for a great honeymoon that could accommodate my food allergy (I have celiac disease, so I can NOT eat gluten). I had no idea how comfortable about my allergy I could be! I have been to numerous places in the US that were "gluten friendly" and offered some options, but none have even come close to what Sandals Carlyle did for me. Chef Kevin met with me personally, and being that it was a small resort he frequently passed by me, and he always stopped to say "hello," ask me how things were going, and he would always make sure that I was being looked after! I didn't have a single problem with my allergy the entire time! We got to travel to the other 2 nearby resorts and I was able to eat there easily, too, especially since Kenyan at the front desk called ahead to make sure the restaurant we were eating at knew ahead of time! They not only had BREAD for me! but I also did not have to miss out on any of the amazing courses! The food was amazing!
Carlyle was our favorite of the 3 resorts there because of the personality and the intimacy of it all. We got to know the employees better. If you go, have Delroy make you a Purple Rain!
The only thing we didn't like was the high pitch, piercing squeal of the hot tub that we could hear in our room when it was on, which wasn't often. But, honestly, that is the only negative thing. Sure, the locals got a little rowdy on Saturday night, but it was a cool experience to get to see some local action, which we were totally secluded from in the other 2 resorts. It was also nice to get to visit the public beach and next time we plan on taking the short walk to downtown!
Patrick was super on top of things and took great care of us, as did everybody there! Mr. Nibbles makes the best jerk chicken! and is an AWESOME chef! Dameon, Darwin, Craig, Shane, Richie, Tee-Jay, Kaveen, honestly everybody we met there, all took amazing care of us. We didn't even have to think about where our next vacation would be, we are saving up so we can come back as soon as we can.
The location was a stone's throw from the airport as well as the other 2 resorts.Security was safe, amenities were excellent, and service was undeniably the best I've ever experienced.
Thank you so much for making our honeymoon unforgettable! We'll see you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay