My wife and I stayed at the CI for an anniversary. It was great, but it is loud and the area is pretty noisy, I made the decision to stay at the nicest room in the cheapest resort but probably should have made the decision to stay in a lesser room at one of the other resorts. The public beach, which is just across from the resort, was very noisy all the time, but having been plied with liquor all day long, I managed to sleep just fine. I love the pianist.
We grabbed the bus and spent most of our day at the other resorts. Watersports were very good. We enjoyed taking a book and going out to veg out with a book and a drink on the private island. We once wandered to the other side of the island...warning...it's a nude beach...warning 2...none of the cute newlyweds go to the nude beach...it's mostly 50 year old German dudes.
Food was ok, but we loved the freedom to go from one resort to the other. Liquor was good. Staff was great. No hard sell on anything. Very secure. Would definitely go again tomorrow. Have been to a couple of AIs since and none have really measured up. Next year is our 30th...although Sandals is more expensive, it is completely worth it. Do pay the difference for one of the rooms at one of the nicer properties though, but don't miss the Carlyle. The dinners are very intimate and enjoyable and I really enjoyed the pianist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay