So many things to say I really do not know where to start. This was our first time to Jamaica and we honestly did not know what to expect.
Within 5 minutes of us arriving from the airport we were greeted by our estranged sister Danesha (I can’t bring myself to call her our Butler, as she felt like family by time we left) with cool towels and a refreshing drink. She gave us an introductory tour and showed us around made sure our room was up to expectation and then excused herself so that we could settle in.
From that moment on time for us seemed to mean nothing and we had nothing to worry about as the staff made sure everything was taken care. Mind you we were here for our wedding and that can be nerve wracking, but as soon as we calmed down and let the staff take care of things, well it just became easier.
Later that evening after a long nap we called down and my estranged brother Dennis recommended just simple cheeseburger/fries and some cookies for a snack, my goodness the man knows how to make a recommendation! We were tired from the trip, didn’t feel like doing much and just wanted something to eat.
Going to skip ahead a couple days to our wedding as time means nothing when staying at the Carlyle. Our wedding planner Deano (I hope I spelled that right) was awesome! He went out of his way to make some special arrangements and to make sure everything was perfect. And it was. From meeting the photographer Shane to the Reverend Coates, everyone was absolutely wonderful.
A couple things I would like to point out.
Yes the beach here is a public one and it can get crowded. On the weekends the local people do like to party. But I honestly did not think it was a big deal. A 5 minute bus ride and you are at all the beach you can handle. And honestly, we went to the other resorts and could not wait to get back home to the Carlyle. Yes I say home because that is the way the entire staff made us feel. So if you think the noise may be an issue, ask for one of the rooms facing the garden.
I could go on and on about this place for hours. But I will try to simply wrap it up as it felt like home to my wife and I. The staff (All of them) felt like family. And we are booking our 1st year anniversary here and I will be counting the days until I can forget about time for a few days and visit with my new family and friends.
Michael and Susan Frank
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay