We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights and though its the cheapest/smallest/quietest of the sandals resorts resorts in Montego Bay, the service was impeccable and I loved the whole experience. We're seasoned travellers, and this was without doubt one of the best holidays I've ever had.
The hotel was small and intimate but staff quickly got to know your name, (reception staff, waiters, barman, the wonderful ladies selling excursions, entertainment staff and managers). Nothing was ever too much trouble. Prince who served our breakfast each morning was a delightful man. The lovely Joanna Walker who sold us a few excursions was wonderful. Jermaine the entertainment manager was a great guy. The barmen and the wonderful young man who worked at the grill were always laughing and chatting about their island and offering helpful information.
Room service was part of the package and this always arrived quickly when an order was placed. Our room was comfortable and cleaned regularly. Cleaning staff popped in early each night to check if there was anything you needed (more fresh towels for example), and to turn over your bedding.
The barmen were fantastic! We were introduced to a 'Jamaican Smile' and we drank plenty of these. Any cocktail you wanted, they made. They make a mean piña colada too! Any drink you wanted, you got. Food was great. Varied selection, though most nights we dined at the other two Sandals resorts.
Access to the other two Sandals resorts (Sandals Montego Bay and the Royal Caribbean) is made easy via regular shuttle buses which we used a lot. The Thai restaurant on the private island at the Royal Caribbean was exquisite, both the food and the first class service. We also loved the atmosphere at the Cricketers Pub. Good food and more delicious cocktails served with a smile.
We did a few excursions booked through hotel. We booked at day at Sandals Negril and our wonderful tour guide Dalton was so much fun. We stopped at Ricks Cafe and tried a bit of cliff diving. This place has a fabulous atmosphere at sunset. We also travelled to Nine Mile for the Bob Marley tour and our very stoned tour guide 'Captain Crazy' made the experience unforgettable in more ways than one. As a huge Marley fan, the trip was quite emotive and I loved it. We also did the bamboo rafting at Martha Brae. That was such a chilled out and relaxing experience.
Sandals might be more expensive than other hotels, but it's worth every penny. These guys have got it right. They understand customer service and you feel so at home. I fell in love with Jamaica and its people and cannot wait to return. Nothing has surpassed my experience at Sandals. Loved every moment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Prestigia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay