We chose the Carlyle for the value and because we knew the larger Montego Bay Sandals were available minutes away via shuttle bus day and night. The major plus for the Carlyle are the staff: super friendly and accommodating (thanks especially Denice, Tracy and Jerome for making our stay awesome!!); our room was very nice (though bathrooms a bit small) as we were upgraded to the second floor with a balcony and pool/ocean view; we enjoyed a great couples massage and had good food at all three restaurants (delicious lobster at the Carlyle).
The not-so-plus side includes: the beach for the Carlyle is across the street where the locals tend to hang out and offer their services/merchandise (and this is deceptively photographed on the Sandals website), so we did not ever use that beach; the shuttle buses that take you to MoBay and Royal "closed" for lunch/dinner hour times so it took some planning to make sure you got on the bus in time to get over to the other resorts for beach time or meals; and the most disappointing issue was that despite the promised access to the other resorts restaurants, in reality, getting reservations at the Toyko Joe's and the Royal Thai proved difficult.(and in the case of our group of four, they gave one couple reservations for 6:00 and one for 8:00, so we all showed up at 8:00 and they said "no problem mon" as is the common response in Jamaica, and gave us a table set for four at the Thai which never did fill up while we were there!!) We were told that Carlyle guests are allowed limited people/times to get into those other restaurants (especially if you did not pay for the 3rd floor butler service), so definitely not the same access as if we had stayed at MoBay or Royal. The Reggae Cruise and the Dunebuggy excursion were a blast!!!
Suggestions: Run shuttles without breaks for lunch/dinner; Expand dinner hour times at restaurants to accommodate more people (some were open only 6:00 to 8:00 or 6:00 to 9:00).
Overall: We had a great trip, beautiful weather and will definitely do another Sandals vacation in the future!!
Kate and Brian from Minnesota
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay