we stayed at the Carlyle in mid Dec.2012 (then onto to SGR for 7, add. review) We loved it. Upgraded to an ocean view penthouse, get 318 or 218 for the absolute best views, angled to the ocean. This place is charming, less then 10 min from airport, quick check in and you're sitting on balcony relaxing. Yes it's not ultra...but it was quiet, great staff, Tyrone and Tracy Ann, Lance the Manager, the super bar staff, Soon come back lady..yes we're booked to come back. Yes, if you come on Sunday, it will be noisy from the public small beach, which the locals and the Sandals use, but it's not gunfire and fighting, it's Caribbean music and families out enjoying their day off. Take earplugs, we did and didn't even need them. Anyway, you can easily take the hourly shuttle service (run on time) and visit Montego Bay Sandals and the Royal Caribbean for beach days.
We did this, didn't get to use all the facilities at the 3 sandals, many couples came and went for the day to Mo Bay or RC, came back, freshened up and went over again for supper and dancing.
The value price of the Carlyle can't be beat, when you combine the great breakie, room service for every room, the really fantastic staff, NO mosquitos or bugs, clean rooms, enjoyed the dinners, not world class but still very good, pool super clean, etc. Had lunches at Mo Bay or RC,
both were excellent. Had FRESH BBQ with all fixin's on RC Private Island, and FRESH pear gorgonzola cheese pizza, at MO Bay. Water is saltier than Canada's east coast, made for great boyancy, such a fun time in the water, we laughed and carried on like 2 in love fools (which we were) we laughed so much, playing in the water at MO Bay that other couples starting getting up and coming into the water to join us. The Carlyle kept close tabs on where you were going for the day. We felt safe. The bottom line is I would never go back to Jamaica without staying at the Carlyle for 3 days at least. Within an hour of landing, you're kicking back, relaxing, for first timers to Sandals and Jamaica, we recommend it highly. The locals are people too and it's their beach and their country...after all...any noise is just them having fun...you know like we do at hockey or football games. I get up early and never heard anything much after 11 pm and certainly not in the morning. The ambiance sitting outside at the far end of the pool was delightful, The Carlyle was super great for the lux setting and then music in the ampitheatre after.
Lady A's singing and interaction with the couples was so much fun. Bar tenders would cut down on the sugar syrup and tailor drinks to your specifications. Thanks for a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay