My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Jamaica (Sept 3- Sept 7) and we were both so glad that we chose the Sandals Carlyle Inn. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed and the people take the time to get to know you and the service was second to none. The Inn is a little older but is in excellent condition. There was some construction noise during the day as they are renovating but I only noticed it if I was walking in the hallway that they were working in. I never heard anything when I was at the pool, bar, sitting on our balcony or laying in our room.
The people who work here are just simply amazing. Andre, Vanessa and Deniece in particular deserve our thanks and appreciation. They were constantly going out of there way to take care of us. We always felt as if the whole staff cared about where we were and that we were happy. I have never felt so valued when I was on vacation as I did while staying at the Carlyle. By the end of the first day both my wife and I were being recognized by our first name and it was the attention to the little details like this that let us know we were appreciated. On one of our mornings we were diving we stopped by the front desk on the way out and asked for dinner reservations at the Italian restaurant, the lady said she would try while we were out and to check back when we got back. When we returned she told us that she was unable to get us in to that restaurant but had called around and got us in to the Royal Thai (which was amazing). My point is that the lady could have stopped when she couldn't get us in to the restaurant we requested but went the extra mile to get us a unique experience. Speaking of food this is far and away the best food we have ever ate at an all inclusive. There was a lot to choose from and and it was all amazing.
For those people who are choosing Sandals for the diving my wife and I were both extremely pleased. They had many dive sites to choose from each offering different dive profiles. We saw lionfish, stingrays, jellyfish, eels and all of the expected reef fish. Some others in our dive groups saw turtles, an octopus and dolphins. They always sent dive guides down with us and they knew where they were going to see the best of the site.
My final thought is not to be scared by some of the negative reviews. The Carlyle is an amazing property; yes it does not have a private beach and yes it is older than the other MoBay Sandals resorts but the value that you get far exceeds the negatives. My recommendation is to save the money, stay at the Carlyle and use that money for your excursions and souvenirs. We cannot wait to go back next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Prestigia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay