This is the first ever sandals hotel built - from the Carlyle Inn came the idea for all the other sandals resorts.
It may not have all the luxury trappings of the other 2 larger Sandals hotels in Montego bay but as you are able to visit them via the Sandals shuttle bus than why do you need it at this small quaint and personal boutique inn?
The beach maybe public but sitting on your balcony watching the world go by and the local people who live there makes for a far more interesting sight then being at the larger resorts just looking out at the ocean when everybody has left the beach, here there is something going on 24/7 it is the real Jamaica on your doorstep.( If your a people watcher - this will be right up your street !! )
We have been told by the Manager that the resort will be closed possibly for upto 6 months for a major refurbishment but I imagine that by then the price will go up to reflect this.
So, why not save a couple of £1000 and go now as that is the price difference between the Carlyle and the other Sandals hotels at the moment.
At this resort what more do you need than a comfy bed and a clean room ? We visited the other resorts during the day to get the cool breezes as it was quite hot to sit by the pool all day, then we would return in the afternoon and head to the bar before getting ready for the evening meal whether this would be to hop on the shuttle or stay at the Carlyle for dinner.
If we went out for the evening it was always nice to 'Come home to the Carlyle'.
We suffered some predjudices from the other hotel staff and also the bus driver who seemed to rate Carlyle guests as not worthy to visit the other resorts but this was only a small handful who made comments that we experienced first hand amongst other Carlyle guests. Shame on you SANDALS RESORTS OWNER for allowing this to happen !!! We told the manager at the Carlyle about this and he agreed that he had heard from other guests previously that this happens now and again.
Lance the Manager is a legend and truly a wonderful kind man who means it when he uses the phrase 'At the Carlyle everything is possible'. He makes everything possible - he is without a shadow of a doubt a man who listens and then delivers. He is a hands on Manager who was always seen around the building making sure staff were putting out ashtrays and glasses etc, we even saw him helping staff push trolleys laden with tables, did not see this happening at the other resorts, maybe the Manager's there were sat in their plush office's smoking big fat cigars !!!
Jevan at the front desk is a bit of a diva, brilliant at his job and a lovely young man who will go places, loved his attitude and wanted to adopt him and take him home.
No hassle from the red lane spa ladies,photographer or the playmakers unlike the other resorts where they pestered us non stop - At the Carlyle if you want to join in with the games it is your choice, here you get to relax and do as much or as little as you wish.
Making friends here is easy as it is small but that is what is so lovely about this place is that you know that at breakfast you will be saying good morning to everyone and then meeting them at the bar in the evening to talk about your day, don't think you would get that at a larger resort as you may not even see the same face again during your holiday.
A good tip is to make sure that you put bug repellent on when you are by the bar, the mosquitos do have a good munch in this area as it is surrounded by a lot of plants and greenery, I understand they don't fog as it destroys the tree frogs who eat the bugs - the only thing I can say here is get a load more of these tree frogs in then !!
We stayed in room 307 which is a butler room but we did not want or need a butler.
Thanks to Kaveen,Doreen,Keiffer,Jermaine,Donovan ( Chef ) and all of you for looking after us, you are all just one big family who care about each other and the guests and it shows.
Missing you all already
Esther and Grant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay