I read all the Trip Advisor reviews before we left for our trip to Jamaica. All the good things that were mentioned about Sandals Carlyle are true. It is indeed a fabulous place. The staff are incredible! My husband and I would like to give a shout-out to Shane and Jevon who never stopped smiling! Oscar the waiter was pleasent and polite for our lovely meal at the Carlyle. I especially would like to thank Stephen our butler for arranging all of our meals and day trips. All of the girls, from the gift shop to the Island Routes desk to the Bay Window restaurant, were friendly and professional. You really do feel like family by the time you leave at the end of the week. The room was a little smaller than most Sandals properties, but sufficient. The ride from the airport is literally 5 minutes away. So convenient compared to the 1 hour and 45 minute ride down a bumpy, windy, road that we experience on the way to Sandals Whitehouse. We took the shuttle to Sandals Montego Bay and to Sandals Royal Carribean every day. It is easy, convenient, and VERY punctual. The facilities at these two other hotels are much bigger and the beaches are private!! (also found out late in the week that there is a departure lounge at each of the Sandals properties with towels, shampoo, and blowdryers to shower at after the beach. Great if you had dinner reservations at either of these hotels) The Hip Strip is just a half mile away and we walked every morning. There were many return guests the week we were there. All in all we had a great week!
However, I must mention the beach across the street. There is a small beach across the street that is frequented by locals. For the most part, the people are friendly and harmless. The problem is that they are there ALL the time! Not just during the day, but late into the night, AND very early in the morning. As I had read in previous reviews, it is car alarms, beeping to friends, loud radios and screeching tires that contribute to the noise. Unfortunately the police do nothing about this situation. It is indeed a lot to swallow! BUT if you are a heavy sleeper, or have a great pair of earplugs, you should sleep well in the comfortable beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Prestigia, BookIt.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay