“Lovely but Bring your earplugs!”
Review of Sandals Inn

Sandals Inn
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Lovely but Bring your earplugs!”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I read all the Trip Advisor reviews before we left for our trip to Jamaica. All the good things that were mentioned about Sandals Carlyle are true. It is indeed a fabulous place. The staff are incredible! My husband and I would like to give a shout-out to Shane and Jevon who never stopped smiling! Oscar the waiter was pleasent and polite for our lovely meal at the Carlyle. I especially would like to thank Stephen our butler for arranging all of our meals and day trips. All of the girls, from the gift shop to the Island Routes desk to the Bay Window restaurant, were friendly and professional. You really do feel like family by the time you leave at the end of the week. The room was a little smaller than most Sandals properties, but sufficient. The ride from the airport is literally 5 minutes away. So convenient compared to the 1 hour and 45 minute ride down a bumpy, windy, road that we experience on the way to Sandals Whitehouse. We took the shuttle to Sandals Montego Bay and to Sandals Royal Carribean every day. It is easy, convenient, and VERY punctual. The facilities at these two other hotels are much bigger and the beaches are private!! (also found out late in the week that there is a departure lounge at each of the Sandals properties with towels, shampoo, and blowdryers to shower at after the beach. Great if you had dinner reservations at either of these hotels) The Hip Strip is just a half mile away and we walked every morning. There were many return guests the week we were there. All in all we had a great week!
However, I must mention the beach across the street. There is a small beach across the street that is frequented by locals. For the most part, the people are friendly and harmless. The problem is that they are there ALL the time! Not just during the day, but late into the night, AND very early in the morning. As I had read in previous reviews, it is car alarms, beeping to friends, loud radios and screeching tires that contribute to the noise. Unfortunately the police do nothing about this situation. It is indeed a lot to swallow! BUT if you are a heavy sleeper, or have a great pair of earplugs, you should sleep well in the comfortable beds.

Room Tip: A room in the back might be more quiet.
4 Thank Bermudaobsession

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Carlyle from 26th March through to 9th April, all I can say is that once again we were not left disappointed. This was our third year on the trot at the Carlyle, and out of all the countries/hotels we have stayed in, it's the only one where we felt we could go back time and time again. All the staff are genuine,and make you feel like your family, they go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay as pleasurable as possible. There have been some changes, including the introduction of Butlers, which personally I don't feel you need as the Carlyle is such a small hotel, you could do everything yourself, but they do come into their own when you need reservations at the speciality restaurants.

Doreen, Kaveen, Lisa and Cheryl all work really hard, and spend long hours away from their own families to keep us all happy.

I would also like to mention Desrick, Xsaviour who made great cocktails and always had smiles on their faces, Devon who gave us some cocoa bread which was yummy, Fitzroy who makes some good jerk chicken and wraps.

I would also like to say a massive thank you to Excel the room manager, she is absolutely fab and makes sure the cleaners do a good job, on that note I would like to thank Charmaine, who kept our room spic and span.

We are now looking at booking our fourth trip for next year, can't think of anywhere else I would like to be. On a final note I would like to say thank you to Paris, who came round the pool and took our drink orders and time to chat to myself and hubby, and finally a thank you to Shane, worked really hard keeping everyone entertained. Have read comments regarding the noise, yes it is noisy, but only on weekends, you get used to it and face it you can always have a lay in if its kept you awake, we were in Room 212 and found the beeping sound coming from the fitness machines first thing in the morning more annoying,

Room Tip: Try and book the speciality restaurants on arrival
Wellsville, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife and I just returned from the Sandals Carlyle (April 9th – 16th) and as always we had an AWESOME time. This being our 3rd time in as many years at the Carlyle we knew what to expect and everything was great. Our flight from Elmira, NY to Mobay was great, Immigration and Customs at the Sangster Airport (MBJ) was flawless. We enjoyed a quick Red Strip at the Sandals Lounge in the Airport and in less than a hour after touching down we were greeted with a big smile from Paul at the Sandals Carlyle.
We had a great view of the Pool & Ocean from Room # 212 , Charmaine from housekeeping made sure our room was cleaned twice a day , Thanks Charmaine
My wife and I renewed our wedding vows at the Carlyle and it was awesome , Renee Clark took care of everything and made sure our day was special , she worked with us the entire time to make sure everything was perfect , Thanks So Much Renee
Our favorite waiter Oscar took care of us during our reception and our Private Dinner on the Balcony, he sure made our day complete by going above and beyond for us, Thanks Oscar
Everybody at the Inn is very friendly and go above and beyond for everybody , I would like to say thanks to Ms Cheryl Brown , Lisa , Doreen , Kaveen , Jonathon , Clinton , Rashane , Mark , Paul and everybody else at the Inn , You guys are awesome.
The Carlyle is the smallest of the 3 Sandals in MoBay but in my mind is the best. I already booked for next year in April
I could go on and on about how great the Carlyle is but if anyone has any questions feel free to send me an email.

We also spent a day at a Elementary School working with students, this was arraigned thru the Sandals Foundation ( It was pretty awesome helping and working the young students)

Free Room Service

brentstacy@verizon.net

Room Tip: All the rooms at the Carlye are in great locations
2 Thank brentstacy585
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2011

The staff really do treat you like family. I would have to say the management is the most extrordinary and accomedating people I have ever had the pleasure in meeting. Kaveen went above and beyond her job in fulfilling my surprise proposal to my finance. I don't know who else was involved in making our stay remarkable but my hat and love goes to all of the staff at this resort, til we see each other again. Ya Mon.

1 Thank Randy-Caroline
Woodstock, Ontario
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We returned last month from our third stay at the Carlyle Inn in Montego Bay! What a great trip! Shout out to all our friends, new and old who stay there with us that week from all over the world! The wonderful staff was there to greet us including Doreen who set us up in a nice room overlooking the pool and ocean! Thanks Doreen! Rooms are older but more than adequate as we are rarely in them!
The food was wonderful all week at the Inn! I really enjoyed the jerk chicken at Nibbles!! The drinks were plentiful and the conversation around the Sunset Bar joyous and engaging as always! Cheryl Brown(Manager) visited with us whenever she walked by, what a great host. The returnees dinner was wonderful again! On our last evening Lisa set us up with rose petals, candles and champagne on ice in the room as a special treat! Thanks Lisa, you really made our evening! Yes, there is still street noise at night, but it has never kept us up! I bring earplugs just in case and with the AC running No Problem!
I participated in the fashion show, what fun!! We took trips some days to the Island at RC or the beach at M.B., they were fun! Special mention to our favorite bartender at the swim up bar at the island ,Tracey. You were wonderful, always had a drink ready for us before we could order!
We ate an excellent meal at the Cricketers pub at RC one day, best steak I've had in the Carribean!! Another fine meal at Tokyo Joes and we always like eating at Bayside at M.B. We did some snorkeling at M.B. also.
It was always great to return to the Inn for evening fun around the bar, nothing like it! Bartenders were great as usaul! Shane does a great job of entertaining during the days by the pool and evenings at the amphitheater. What energy!! Jevon is a great addition to the staff as well. He runs the gift shop and heads the foundation that assists Jamaican children with education. Great job! He has called us twice since we've been home. We are teachers so we are very interested in helping local Jamaican schools with books, etc.
We love the Inn, it is like one big family. If you want to get lost in the crowds and be left alone for the week, then go to M.B. If you want to feel like part of somethng and be treated special, go to the Inn. As you know it is the cheapest Sandals so you save $ as well. When we got on the bus to take us back to the airport at the end of our trip, there were many of our friends waving good-bye from the sidewalk as well as Lisa, Doreen, Jevon and Kaveen. What kind of resort gives you that kind of personal attention and send off??? We have already booked to return next year in March, cannot wait.

Room Tip: Middle facing the ocean, pool!!
2 Thank Coylie14
x
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Had so much fun last year we had to go back. Staff were excellent again, attentive, nothing is too much to ask. Where else can you socialise with the management. This is one of their best tools to find out how they can better your vacation. Doreen, Lisa (the littlest manager) and Kaveen ere exceptional managers and made sure you were looked after. Dalton and Paul are the epitome of how to welcome guests Jamaican style, Clinton looks after your beverage needs plus, Michelle and her staff at the Red Lane Spa....wow what a pedicure! Craig at the Carlyle Restaurant excellent service and the food was brilliant, again. Zadrine kept our room in excellent order and nothing was too much to ask. To those who we have mised out or forgotten your names no worries, no one disappointed us you were all excellent. All this and you have access to the other 2 local Sandals resorts. Thank you for making our vacation special AGAIN...Mark and Kim (the Litte Birds)

Room Tip: soon come back!!!
2 Thank littlebirdsx
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 5, 2011

It has been 2 months since I have been at the Inn, but not a day goes by that I think of all the wonderful people that make your time at the Inn the most relaxing and "enjoyable" My husband and I have been travelling to the Inn for the past 4 years. We already made arrangements to go back next year. I Love all the Sandals Resorts in Montego Bay but my favorite is the quiet Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
SeaGarden Beach Resort
SeaGarden Beach Resort
#22 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort

Been to Sandals Inn? Share your experiences!