TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,738 results
All reviews palms building our honeymoon cucina romana oleander room almonds building stew fish tokyo joes butler service piano bar bayside restaurant cafe de paris royal caribbean close to the airport water skiing main bar water sports play makers
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for two weeks in October and had a great time!Food ,staff, room and beach were all great.Our favourite was Latitude Over Water Bar , which had great service and fantastic views.We loved the swim-up bar afternoons,even though more staff were needed sometimes.We`re giving 4 stars because the entertainment in the evening was not to our taste(we are mid-sixties age) and normally love reggae and soul.Loved meeting Carl and Doreen again.
One Love, Bill and Liz

1  Thank wjb315
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me start by saying that my husband and we LOVE Sandals. We love the brand, we love the service, we love the giving back. This is why we spent a LOT of money to come to MoBay to spend our 15 year anniversary at the resort where we spent our honeymoon. On day 2 of our time here, my husband became terribly ill will diarrhea and vomiting. We both assumed that it was because of the drinking and rich food that we are unaccustomed to back home, but one day later I became sick too. We were out of commission for 5 days of our 7 night stay at MoBay, including our 15-year anniversary. We tried to go to the nurse station, but it was always closed when we attempted...so we just stayed in our room feeling miserable.

When we got home, I went to the doctor because my symptoms were not going away and I tested positive for salmonella. There is no other place where we could have contracted this. We stayed on property (except for an Island Routes tour on day one - we did not eat or drink on this tour) and ate all of our meals at Sandals Montego Bay.

Please beware here. We have traveled to Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Mexico, Turks and Caicos, Jamaica and more - and we have never gotten ill like this anywhere. If you experience something similar make sure you get to the nurse and get an incident report filed. This will help you when dealing with Sandals after the fact. The response I am receiving is a credit for 3 nights, but I get the feeling that the offer would be for all 5 nights that we were sick and miserable had my husband gone to the nurse on property.

Date of stay: September 2019
6  Thank itsadnarim
Nadel B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello and thank you for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. We are deeply disheartened to read of any sickness, as that is certainly never the experience we wish for any of our guests while on vacation.
Each of our resorts employs a Health and Safety Manager solely dedicated to enforcing strict sanitation procedures in compliance with local/regional health regulations. When a report of illness is made, an immediate and thorough investigation is carried out. To-date, no anomalies with food products or water have been found and we have not received any other complaints from guests regarding food related illness during the week of your visit. However, to be prudent, all staff has been briefed and additional preventative measures are in place to ensure there is no further dissemination.
We do note that you have remained in contact with our Management team since your return home and it is most regrettable to learn that despite their best efforts, you seem to remain unsatisfied with the steps they have taken to address the concerns you have expressed to them and the goodwill gesture that was extended to you.
It is our sincere hope that you would not be deterred from choosing Sandals Resorts again for a future holiday so that we may have an opportunity to restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The resort is absolutely beautiful. The landscaping is perfect and well taken care of. I loved the beach here. It was so spread out, clean and absolutely beautiful. The view from the over the water bar is breathtaking. Loved the snorkeling spots as well. The service was excellent. The staff is incredible especially those at the Aqua Center. The food was excellent. Butchs was the best restaurant! However, I have to say that my Husband and I were extremely disappointed in the basically non existent entertainment compared to other Sandals resorts. We played pool volley ball every day but there was only one day out of 7 where there were pool games which that day there was a huge crowd and we had a great time. The entertainment at night is extremely disappointing, there are no shows like the other resorts. This resort needs a huge improvement in their entertainment staff and activities as it was very boring. The pool party on Thursday was fun but no foam party that week. Jayvada from the entertainment staff is excellent and a huge asset to Sandals. I hope to see an improvement my next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I researched to come to the decision of Sandals Montego Bay. This was out first ever vacation after being together for 14 years and we could not have been happier with our decision.
We upgraded to the Ocean Front Club Level and I’m so glad we did! The view was breathtaking! The room was on the small side, but the view made up for the little room.
We only used the concierge one time during our stay and that was to try to set up reservations for Butch’s. Sadly, during our stay we could not get reservations, but we did enjoy the other restaurants. Tokyo Joes was our favorite.
The bars were fantastic with amazing drinks. We spent every night at Latitudes. I loved asking each bartender to make their specialty. I was never disappointed.
The beach was beautiful! Even though the chairs with shade were reserved early by butlers we were still able to find shaded chairs by trees every day.
We took a taxi out one day to explore Montego Bay. Our driver was exceptional and very informative.
We’re planning on returning to Sandals Montego Bay for another getaway. We can not wait to return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After having an amazing experience at Sandals Grenada in Aug 2018, my wife and I decided to go to Sandals Montego Bay in Oct 2019. Unfortunately for us, we were highly disappointed. The two main pools they have are tiny and with too many trees that block the sun. There are not nearly enough spaces for people to lay out around those pools. There couldn't be but 30 spots to lay out around both pools combine. Speaking of pools, I paid extra for a ground level room with a swim-up pool that had a sun deck and ocean view. What a waste of money! The sun deck NEVER receives any sun. Unbelievable! What good is a sun deck if the sun never reaches it due to too many trees and the building itself. The beaches were very nice and so was Butch's restaurant, but the rest of the food had a lot to be desired. They had two tiny bars (Cricketeers and the Piano Bar) that stayed open past 11:00pm. Cricketeers is absolutely terrible. The food is awful, and the bar is dark, dingy and small. I'm not sure how they decided to have a DJ in that bar, but the bar is so small the DJ equipment took up many of the places to actually sit. Apparently, the feelings we felt were also felt by the other guests because the place was always dead. In fact, the entertainment as a whole was not our style at all. It was flat out boring (unless you're a senior citizen). Of the five nights we were there, four of the nights had atrocious entertainment and the one night was a little better than average. The Café de Paris is a coffee, pastries and ice cream shop. I'm not sure how it happened, but how can they be out of both chocolate AND vanilla ice cream....it's an ice cream shop! Aside from the beaches, ocean and Butch's restaurant, I can't really say anything good about this location unfortunately. The pools are too small, the food was not great, the entertainment was bad, the bars that stayed open past 10pm were small and never occupied, and the cherry on top of the icing was the staff (probably 50%), which acted as if they were "put out" when you asked for service. What ever happened to service with a smile? We had the Butler service, and that was relatively good, but a lot of the rest of the staff looked like they hated their job. I would never come to this location again. After such a wonderful experience in Grenada, Montego Bay was an utter disaster and a waste of over $9,000 (including the flight). Massive DISAPPOINTMENT!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank duane m

Hello and thank you for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. We are truly disheartened to learn of any disappointment during your recent stay with us, as it is certainly never our intention for any of our guests to have an underwhelming experience.
At Sandals, we remain cognizant of the fact that Food & Beverage is an important component in our vacation package and the culinary experience is one of the memories that our guests do not forget. While this aspect of our operation very often receives compliments from our guests, we are sorry if you were not similarly impressed. Any inconsistency in meal quality expressed is noted with a view to improvement as we continue in our stride for perfection and maintenance of our high standards.
It is also most regrettable to learn of your sentiments regarding our service; as we continuously strive to provide a consistently reliable product and a comfortable atmosphere for our guests to enjoy. We are truly saddened if your experience was not in keeping with this and you left with an unsavory impression of the resort and not one hundred percent reflective of the true Sandals experience that we showcase to our guests.
Attention to detail and personalized service are the foundations on which we have built, throughout the years and more generally speaking, of all our hotels world-wide. We have therefore taken very seriously every point of your concern and it is certainly thanks to the comments and suggestions of our guests, no matter whether positive or negative, that we can improve our service and facilities. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future vacation needs, as we would like the opportunity to surpass your expectations.