“Fantastic Honeymoon!”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This was a great place to honeymoon! Everything was perfect except for the location. Food was fantastic, activities were great, privacy was great. Our beach front walk out room was just as described and the amenities were just as described. For the price you can't go wrong. We could have easily spent twice as much somewhere else for an equally amazing stay. The staff was courteous and attentive. Service was always fantastic.

There were two negative things that I can think of. It's located right by the airport which is a little annoying. If you spend a whole day outside you'll see 5 or 6 planes taking off or landing. It didn't affect our opinion of the place though. The only other negative aspect is the people canoeing outside of the resorts area trying to sell things. The resort needs to do a better job of keeping them out. We were approached probably 4 times by these guys trying to sell us shells and jewelry and, yes, marijuana. But like they say in Jamaica, "No problem, mon."

Great place to honeymoon. Especially for the price.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NateMac13

Reviewed October 21, 2009

We went to Sandals for our honeymoon and had an amazing time. The staff were wonderful and so friendly. They want to make your vacation the best it can be!! The whole resort was very clean and beautiful.
The beaches were amazing!! Wonderful place to take a vacation.

1  Thank AJJNorthDakota
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Sandals montego bay was only one word i could say to discribe it well 2,Straight Paraidise! really the hospitality was beyond the best,the food was great,besides the burgers..nasty.. but everything else was totally unbelivable.. if you wanna relax or enjoy the sun or have crazy $ex all nite with your new bride or whoever or have the best adventures in your life GO GO NOW to Sandals Montego bay.. the enterament team was the best,housekeeping,women were you book Restaraunt resavations,the women you book your activitys with,the bar tenders, the door people esp. Nicholas was very pleasant and helped me out if you know what i mean,they all did what they had to do to make sure me and my Wife had a fabolous Honeymoon...Thanks so much guys!! it was sooo sad leaving there,got pics and videos but still just wanta take my wife and my 2 dogs and take a 5 hr flight back to paradise!!!!! LOVED IT! married 10-10-09 left 10-11-09 on honeymoon,got to Jamaica and never stopped having a Blast!! if you go somewere else YOU WILL MISS OUT!!!!!!!

3  Thank Neal M
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Sandals Montego Bay was our best vacation ever! Everything from the service, the beach, the drinks, the rooms, the other guests were nothing short of wonderful. My boyfriend and I got engaged on the beach our 1st night there, we were so impressed and happy with the resort, we are going back there next year for our wedding!
Yes the airport is close but after the 1st couple of planes that take off, you don't even notice them. They have a tradition that if and when you see a plane take off, you wave them goodbye and kiss your partner. It made it so much more romantic!
It is such a romantic place, we can't imagine going anywhere else.
Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you want a resort where they treat you like royality and only want you to enjoy yourself, go to Sandals Montego Bay!

3  Thank ccbkd2
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Our stay at Montego Bay was great. As stated by other guests, our room was upgraded to the Honeymoon suite. It included a whirlpool and our own patio. The employees were the nicest ever. Ricardo was the bartender for the Pub and he was the best. Our wedding coordinator, Lisa Marie was so helpful. With our $$ being tight, we decided to video tape the ceremony ourselves. The resort said that they were not allowed to touch the equipment but Lisa-Marie was kind enough to help us with the equipment during the ceremony. The photographer even agreed to wait an hour before taking pictures because it was pretty humid that day. The staff made our day even more special.

Everything else was great. The food was fine. I am very picky but my husband says it was great. Definately head out to the snack bar on the beach. The jerk chicken and beans and rice was to die for. The locals do try to harrass you to purchase items (they swim up and are not allowed on the beach so they hang out in the water) The resort has friendly vendors located on the beach for guests. I would suggest purchasing from them. DO NOT USE THE PHONE SERVICE. We were charged $80 for two phone calls totally 15min or less. They credited my account for half but it is a rip off. Our phones immediately stopped working when we reached the resort so this was the only option in contacting family.
Overall, we absolutely enjoyed our stay. We are currently planning our anniversary trip to Sandals again. This time we will try a different resort for variety!! Well worth the pay.

3  Thank MizzBLC
Reviewed October 19, 2009

this is the first time ive ever had to write about a hotel and how bad it is. i feel the service is like no where else but for all the wrong reasons,for example how many bars do you go to and they cant give you a drink because they have no glasses,finishing dinner and they start to take the salt and pepper and the table cloth away. the staff shout and whistle at each other all day from great distances ,laying on the beach whilst staff ride at full speed on a atv spraying sand everywhere,i orderd my wife a birthday cake which never arrived and im still waiting at home for the concierge to get back to me which as im back home now i doubt he will do,they say its 10 mins from the airport this is only because you have to drive around the runway to get to the other side.the food is of a sub standard as well as the staff not once where we offerd a drink around by the pool or after are meal,we even had one meal which we were half way through before we got are drinks,anyway i could go on and on but please take note sandals are living off there name and where top holidays maybe 10 years ago not anymore very dissapointing. the only one who deserves a mention was the cleaner done a fantastic job shame the hotel doesnt show the same enthusiasm,please read between these lines i dont moan at everything you might have a different experience but this was just mine.

5  Thank terrano33
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We went to Sandals for our 10 year anniversary and my husbands birthday. It was the honeymoon we never got to take. I couldn't have asked for better. Our rooms were clean and quite nice, there was always some type of watersport to do, everyone knew our names and said hi. The service from the bartenders was unreal. I would walk in the door and they knew what I wanted and would already be making my drink. Latisha was our favorite. I told her I wanted to do something special for my husband on his birthday so she told me not to worry about it she would take care of it. She surprised my husband on his birthday with a bottle of Appleton Rum, a bottle of Champagne and two glasses, flowers, and 6 different gifts along with a card in our room. She was such a sweatheart. We went sailing everyday...it was my favorite. We took one day to go snorkeling for the first time which was the best and we took a few tours. The only thing that the resort could change is the food. I would have loved to taste more Jamaican food than American food and the portion sizes were on the small side. There was a few nights after eating supper we had to go to the bar and get something else to eat because my husband was still starving. Altogether though our trip was wonderful. I cried when we had to leave. If I could go back every year I would.

1  Thank ND_Vacationers
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!