My husband and I just returned from Sandals, Mo Bay, where we went to celebrate our 2nd annniversary. It was the best vacation ever, despite all the problems we encountered with U.S. Airlines trying to get there. Any problems they gave us were forgotten as soon as we arrived at the resort. The staff immediately embraced us, and by the next day it felt as if we had lived there for years. Everyone remembers your name, what you like to drink, and they are very receptive to any needs you might have. You really do come to know them, and before long they feel like old friends.
We opted for an upgraded room with our own bar and the jacuzzi tub. It was more than worth it. Every day our bar was completely replinished, and they even brought us other liquors we requested that weren't already in the room! The balcony view of the ocean was unbelievable, and as mentioned in other reviews, there were no bugs! There were a lot of hermit crabs outside though, but they were adorable as they climbed up the walls and ducked into their shells whenever you got near.
The beach was terrific. The staff kept it very clean, but in a very unassuming manner. Cups were picked up as soon as you emptied them, but you hardly even noticed how. The water sports were a blast and there was never any wait for them. Any time you got an inkling you could go water tubing, skiing, snorkling, sailing, kayaking, or wind surfing! Also there were tons of planned activities that my husband and I had a blast participating in. From the water olympics, to a beer drinking contest, to a Jamaican line dancing class, there was always a variety of activities to partcipate in.
We had the unfortunate luck of being there when Hurricane Dennis was supposed to hit, but the resort handled this beautifully. When the airport was closed on the day we were to return home, they let us stay the extra night we needed for no charge (many of the people we met at the airport on Friday who had stayed at other non-Sandals resorts did not have this luxury!) And since we booked our vation directly through Sandals, they rescheduled our flight automatically for us! We walked up to the Guest Relations desk to see what we needed to do, only to be handed a piece of paper with our new flight information on it. During the hours while we sat and waited to see if the storm would come, the resort made sure to keep us all very occupied. They planned games and shows inside, made sure there was food available all day long, and the bar was stocked and ready to go. You almost had too much fun to even realize a Hurricane was barreling down on you!
My only word of advice for anyone considering Sandals is pack a few things with you carry-on! The airline lost mine, along with about ten other couple's bags, and it took them two days to get them to us. At the very least carry on a swimsuit, cover-up, and at least one change of clothes so you won't have to buy them at the over-priced gift shop. I read that a hundred times before we went, but I didn't follow the advice and it's someting I really regret.
We can't wait to go back to Sandals Mo Bay again to see all of our new friends. We're already planning a trip for next summer, but this time I'm getting my sisters and their husbands, as well as my brother-in-law and his wife to go with us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay