Sandals Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$614
$515
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$217
$152
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
$318
$269
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$327
$293
  • Pool
$80
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$198
$168
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$374
$328
Travelocity
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$478
$214
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,619
Hotelpower.com
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,641
Hotelpower.com
5,752 results
All reviewspalms buildingoleander roomour honeymooncucina romanaalmonds buildingbig altokyo joesstew fishpiano barbutler servicebayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeancafe de parisclose to the airportmain barwater skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Even if we tried to find negatives about our trip we could not. It was perfect. The food was incredible. The romance was at a peak. The staff was friendly. and the resort was emaculate. PERFECT HONEYMOON

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jdbug1998
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Although this was my first and hopefully only honeymoon, I can not imagine having a better honeymoon. Getting to Jamacia we went through customs very easily then when we got to Sandals area at the airport they check us in right away and had an area for us to hang out in til our bus was ready to leave for the airport. We waited 10 mins tops!

When we got to the hotel we went right to our conceirage and they checked us into our room. Our room was not ready yet, but they brought us to lunch and we were set to go. When we went to our room. We had reservations set up for the restaurants that needed it. That was a relief because I didn't want to think about it.

The staff was extremley nice and was always ready to help us when needed. We had a "personal" photographer that took pictures all the time. We didn't pay her she was just always was around when there was a photo opportunity. The playmakers, always had an event going on. Rain or shine. There was never a dull moment when you were on the resort.

All in all we had an amazing time. We have already planned another vacation to another sandals resort! P.S. the food was GREAT!!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jkharwood
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Pros:
Great location, about 5 minutes from the airport. This just gives you that much more time poolside.
Great air conditioning in the rooms.
Good layout of resort. Some secluded spots, some crowded spots.
Good variety of activities and shows.
Very good drinks.
Good butler service - Darrion & Roland.
Best massage I have ever had - Sasha. I've been to a lot of spas, this one wasn't extremely elegant, but it was very peaceful, clean, calming, relaxing. And truly, Sasha gave me the best massage I have ever had.
Great beach areas.

Cons:
Not the best food. Breakfast is great, other meals were just so-so.
Occasional airplanes taking off directly over the beach. About a dozen every couple hours. All clustered together. No big deal.
Not a very big pool.
Only 2 small pools.
Only 1 very small swim-up bar.
Of the 3 Sandals resorts I have stayed at, this ranks #2 - mainly because of the food.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whatsabocki
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My husband and I checked into Sandals Montego Bay on May 22, 2009 for our honeymoon. We were excited to spend a romantic week together in paradise. From the moment we pulled in we were greatly disappointed. Our bell boy continuously dropped our luggage in puddles on the way to our room. When we got into the room with our wet luggage, we were greeted by a variety of insects and mosquitos. We went to the pub for dinner hoping that a nice dinner together would change our opinion. We waited at our table for upwards of 15 minutes without even being greeted. When our waiter finally did come over he was so drunk that we could barely understand him. The entire first night left a foul taste in our mouths. We went to bed hoping that the next day would be better. However there were so many bugs in our room that I woke up looking and feeling as though I had the chicken pox due to the extraordinary number of mosquito bites I had gotten while asleep. There were a variety of other insects that we discovered on our trip as well, not only in our bedroom but at the beach and inside some of the restaurants flying around the food while we were trying to eat. Not to mention the fact that every 20-45 minutes or so from the hours of 640 am to 1130 pm the entire resort shook and sounded as though it was being bombed because of the airplanes taking off and and landing at the airport nearby. We were also disgusted and discouraged to find that nobody does anything simply to be nice or because it is their job. We traveled with the expectation of tipping the individuals who brought our bags to our rooms, lended an extra hand, etc...however we weren't given even a moment to tip certain individuals before their hand was in our face going "got something for me? got something for me?" An individual whom I handed a generous tip to then turned to my husband and asked him for a tip as well.

We were so disappointed and disgusted with our trip that it was impossible to enjoy ourselves or each other. We left Sandals Montego Bay 4 nights early due to the conditions. We were greatly disappointed that our honeymoon was ruined. Neither of us have any desire at all to visit Sandals again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank lucky5209
Reviewed June 2, 2009

During our stay at SRC down the road, we decided to check out the Flagship Sandals Montego Bay for a few hours including lunch. The shuttle took only a few minutes to get to SMB. After taking photos of the property, we was able to put the camera in the safe at the front desk. SMB had different plusses than SRC, especially the long beach for those who like a long walk. The only downside was some of vendors hounded you, even after you said “no thank you”. There are vendors at SRC but once you said no, they left you alone. (Even the SMB newsletter has a note instructing guests not to supply the vendors with food or drink or invite them out of the water). The wedding chapel was a nice option for those getting married at the resort. (one of the weddings we saw at SRC had a downpour and the bride’s dress had a large brown ring on the bottom from the grass/mud.) The pools were small and were not as appealing as the ones as SWH or the SRC river suites]main pool. We ate at the Bayside for lunch and was fairly comparable to SRC/SWH. The Wall of Fame near the Activities office was interesting as it included a couple that had been to SMB 101 times!!!

I think that each of the Sandals resorts has plusses/minuses, but it all depends on what your personal interests are. People need to do some research to make the most of the vacation. I appreciate all the help I have received from my questions as well as others reviews/questions.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple