“Hassle free honeymoon haven”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sandals Montego Bay for 4 nights... I wish it was more!!!! We booked the room through AAA and Travel Impressions so we weren't sure what to expect. We stayed in the Club Level Honeymoon Ocean Front room with King bed. After only waiting 5 min in the Sandals lounge at the airport in Montego Bay we were driven to the resort by a private van. After a very short 5 min car ride we were there! I highly recommend booking a club level or higher butler suite. You will simply have a better experience with the upgrades: free wifi and long distance calls, use of the concierge suite for whatever you want, and fully stocked bar! Where you stay in the resort will impact your experience. We stayed in the Almonds building which was the furthest down the resort and the quietest! If you stayed closer to the bars, especially the piano bar you might experience more noise later in the night. Speaking of noise.... The proximity to the runway was at first jarring. The price you pay for convenience. However our room faced the ocean not the runway. Yes you could hear the jet engines however they only took off during the day, never early or late....and when they do, everyone on the resort waves goodbye! After a while you barely notice the take offs, which are not that often after all.....worth only being 5 min car ride. The facility was well maintained, clean, and comfortable. The staff was exemplary, polite, prompt, and pleasant. The food in every restaurant was unbelievable tasty, diverse, something for everyone. Enjoy the Blue Mountain coffee, you will pay 46$/lb for it back in the states. The beach and resort never felt crowded, there are plenty of chairs beachside, no need to go out early and reserve one! I will definitely be staying at another Sandals, probably will come back here again.... Definitely worth a try!

Room Tip: Almonds building 3rd floor.... Quiet and beautiful view away from the action.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kristen A
Write a ReviewReviews (5,584)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My newlywed husband and I honeymooned at this fantastic resort! We had everything at our disposal (snorkeling, wake boarding,volleyball, sailing) without any pressure to do them on someone else's schedule. We visited other resorts and enjoyed their amenities free of charge! The staff was incredible! There was nothing they wouldn't do for us! We will be Sandals vacationers for life!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank AllieMacD
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I finally went on our honeymoon a few years after our wedding and we couldn't have picked a better place! Sandals was beautiful! The staff and other guests were so kind and so amazing that we didn't want to leave!!! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any room is great. We had a honeymoon walk out. It was lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We got married in Sandals Montego Bay a month ago and we had an amazing time. The staff was wonderful and food fantastic, trying to figure out how we can go back for our anniversary. It truly was like being in a dream, would highly recommend this resort!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I took my mom on a mother daughter getaway to Sandals, Montego Bay, Jamaica. I must say the service was outstanding. I work for the airlines and I stay in hotels on a daily basis.aditinionaly I also travel for leisure at least once a month and stay at very nice places. sandals had the best service I've ever encountered. The food was outstanding, the service was outstanding, the rooms were immaculate and I would come here in a heartbeat. Shauna-Kay, Tiffany and Omar are wonderful, I hope you interact with them on your journey.they were just a bonus on our awesome getaway. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank amandalapp5982
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'd recommend Sandals Montego Bay as a great vacation spot - even when fully booked, it's not crowded. The beaches are immaculate, the food is great and the staff is exceptional. All inclusive - even the daily snorkeling trips, sailing lessons, and kayaking are included - and everything is about a 5 minute walk from your room.
Upgrading your room can get you a room right on the beach with your own veranda with butler service - if you're any part of a wedding trip, be sure that someone in your party has butler service - it's Very helpful to have their help with the last minute details.

This was the most relaxing week I've ever spent anywhere - it's so relaxing that you forget about the planes. This Sandals is about 10 minutes from the airport. The planes don't fly over with regularity - it can be hours in between flights but when they do fly over, it's a minute of some very strong sound. I noticed it on the first day but was so happy with how beautiful this Sandals is and how beautifully they keep their beach and with their incredibly gracious service that the planes just weren't a problem.

There are off-site excursions available but it was just too lovely to leave.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the Butler Service rooms - it's an upgrade that gives you a great room on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saramatthews
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our second trip to a Sandals, but first to Jamaica. We already made our reservations for the same week next year! The Beachfront Estate Royal Butler Villa Suite is exactly as is shown on the website. Even the fitness center has a great view of gardens. Our butlers, Danesha and Andrea, made us feel like we were at home (if your home is a few steps away from the sea).
If you get tired of staring at the water at MoBay, hop on the shuttle over to Royal Caribbean. Try kayaking on the glassy-smooth water or take the short boat ride to the private island. (Great bar, plus grilled jerk chicken served on picnic tables under the trees). 50 weeks and counting until we go back...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple