“Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Mr. K. Boyd Rm # 705
The Staff @ Montego Bay Sandals was totally outstanding and made for a very memorable vacation. The quality of the food, white beaches, activities, service, unlimited virgin drinks, people we met were great. We said see you later, but not goodbye. We have recommended this trip to many people since arriving home.
I would like to acknowledge, my man-Reyon :) (Front Desk) Excellent, Awesome; Damain :) (Front Desk)-Excellent; Front Desk staff of Marvin, Kerisha, Kimberly, Carlos, Anthony & Casey.
Bartenders: Sharvard and Dandre, best virgin drinks on the planet! "that's right!" Michael-Entertainment-Excellent. Paula Chef Supervisor-Excellent and Chef *Dwight* -Excellent! Christopher-Rm. Service-Excellent. Reagan-Daytime Butler-Excellent Jermaine-Nighttime Butler.
My wife and I would like to thank you all for a FANTASTIC Vacation, the service was simply outstanding! Much Love!

The Boyds

Room Tip: Beach Front view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David B

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We didn't stay at this resort, but were able to go there from our resort at Sandals Royal Caribbean. We had a great dinner at Tokyo Joe's with Petrula as our waitress. She was a bundle of fun and made our dining experience the best one of our trip.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We just got back from a 5 day trip to Sandals Montego Bay in Jamaica. It was wonderful. We had been to an all-inclusive resort before in Dominican Republic and didnt have very high expectations after that experience. WOW, this was great! The food was way better than we expected, the rooms were in great shape, wonderful beach and water activities. But what really topped it off was all the people that worked there. Everyone was sooo nice and soo friendly. Will definitely recommend to others and would definitely go back!

One night we had a romantic dinner on the beach and Andre was our server, he was so friendly! He really made our dinning experience wonderful!

The only thing I can say is make sure you book all your dinner reservations the day you arrive because they tend to book up.

Room Tip: Our room was towards the far end of the resort and it was very quiet. We were in the Sea Grapes buil...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. We're so glad that your stay with us was such an extraordinary experience. We love to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and it's great to hear that we did just that during your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Flagship resort, Sandals Montego Bay, is where we chose to spend our recent vacation. And what a vacation it was! Besides the beautiful white sand beach, the luxurious butler room we had, the great food we ate, the unlimited premium drinks, and the lovely friends we made, we also want to mention some of the fantastic staff that helped make our stay even better. There were our outstanding butlers, Danesha and Andrea, the fun loving playmakers, H and Mikael, the crazy bartenders, Dandre and Chris-Wayne and myriad others from waitstaff to management. After 19 years of staying at Sandals resorts there simply is nowhere else to stay. You can't go wrong no matter which Sandals resort you choose to stay at!

1  Thank Ann C

It's so wonderful to hear of your phenomenal stay at Sandals Montego Bay! Our staff works very hard to ensure that the needs of all of our guests are met. We want everyone to feel comfortable and right at home with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay. Thank you for your review!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

First of all. Ma and my wife loved it. For the price of $450.00 a night it lack profession people working. The day itenerary was alwas wrong. My drink were made all differest was. Even though I order the same dring. Quite comical. Just like the entertainment. They had a giftshop fashion show to show people what they had. I'm not lieing.The also ran out of towels at both resorts for the beaches.
But the best part is we went to lthe Royal Montego Bay hotel. Staying at this hotel allows you to go to 2 other hotels. Which was great. Didn't get board at all. The stay was very nice. All of them. The food was good. If you go. Make sure you make your reservation ASAP or you may not get them. Would we go again? A strong maybe.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a big vanity if posible. The one we had just had a 24 inch vanity. Very had...
1  Thank baz197777

Thank you for your review. We're delighted to read that you had such a great vacation with us. Your feedback has been noted and our management team will evaluate the areas mentioned for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a much better experience in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I went to Sandals Montego Bay for our honeymoon and it was perfect!
The staff is always happy to help and satisfy your every need.
The food was amazing! So make your restaurant reservations as soon as you get there, try the appetizers, they are small so you can order several ones and wont regret doing so.
Every restaurant has a signature drink, try it, they were all great.
Go snokeling! We did it twice, once in our hotel and once in the Royal Caribbean.
Make sure you visit all 3 Sandals resorts in Montego Bay. There is a bus that goes back and forth every our. You can eat, drink, spend a day on the beach or do any water sports for free.
It was a perfect week for us.
Can´t wait to go back there.

Room Tip: It doesn´t really matter what kind of room you choose because you are always outside. There are coup...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We're so happy that you had a great honeymoon at Sandals Montego Bay. We always strive to create a romantic experience for Two People in Love and I'm so pleased to see that we met that goal as well as exceeded your expectations during your stay. Thank you for your review!

We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I agree with all the other reviewers on this site about how lovely the property was and how nice the staff treated us. However, there were two major things I experienced to make me never want to return to Sandals Montego Bay again in the future.

1) The resort is directly beside the airport. The departing flights take off directly next to and over the resort. The first time I heard one take off, it scared me. If I had known this resort was right next to the airport, I would not have stayed here. It was THAT loud. I cannot stress this enough. I don't know why the other reviewers downplay it and say they got used to it. It rattled me every time a plane took off. Also, the planes take off about every 9-12 minutes in about 3 hour intervals. My boyfriend and I actually timed it one day. I said to him... I can't let other people make this mistake.

2) As if the planes weren't enough..... there was too much 'activity' noise... ALL... THE.... TIME. I got sick of hearing music blaring while I was trying to relax on the beach. I came to the beach to hear water lapping, birds chirping, etc. The DJ that was hosting all the daytime events grated on my nerves.... DAY after DAY after DAY. Then, just when you think things have calmed down, they have the night time activities either in the main hall or on the beach. If you think you're going to have a quiet/romantic dinner, forget it! All the restaurants were open air or outdoors (except Cricketer's), so it is impossible to escape the noise. The music by itself wouldn't be bad, but the DJ/activity coordinator is on the microphone every 10 seconds yelling something to the crowd. It would have been okay "no problem" to just hear the music playing without the annoying banter from these people, but no, they NEVER shut up.

I chose Sandals because it's a couples only resort. When I go on vacation, I don't want to hear a bunch of kids screaming around me. I want peace and quiet. However, I would have taken screaming kids any day over what I had to deal with at this resort. The noise level was absurd. Next time, I'll stay at a kid friendly resort.... miles away from the airport... and one where they respect that I've paid thousands of dollars for a relaxing, quiet vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!