5,954 results
All reviewspalms buildingour honeymoonoleander roomalmonds buildingcucina romanatokyo joesstew fishbutler servicepiano barbayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeanclose to the airportcafe de parismain barwater skiingwater sports
Reviewed January 2, 2014

First of all. Ma and my wife loved it. For the price of $450.00 a night it lack profession people working. The day itenerary was alwas wrong. My drink were made all differest was. Even though I order the same dring. Quite comical. Just like the entertainment. They had a giftshop fashion show to show people what they had. I'm not lieing.The also ran out of towels at both resorts for the beaches.
But the best part is we went to lthe Royal Montego Bay hotel. Staying at this hotel allows you to go to 2 other hotels. Which was great. Didn't get board at all. The stay was very nice. All of them. The food was good. If you go. Make sure you make your reservation ASAP or you may not get them. Would we go again? A strong maybe.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a big vanity if posible. The one we had just had a 24 inch vanity. Very had to get ready if you are dressing up.
1  Thank baz197777
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. We're delighted to read that you had such a great vacation with us. Your feedback has been noted and our management team will evaluate the areas mentioned for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a much better experience in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I went to Sandals Montego Bay for our honeymoon and it was perfect!
The staff is always happy to help and satisfy your every need.
The food was amazing! So make your restaurant reservations as soon as you get there, try the appetizers, they are small so you can order several ones and wont regret doing so.
Every restaurant has a signature drink, try it, they were all great.
Go snokeling! We did it twice, once in our hotel and once in the Royal Caribbean.
Make sure you visit all 3 Sandals resorts in Montego Bay. There is a bus that goes back and forth every our. You can eat, drink, spend a day on the beach or do any water sports for free.
It was a perfect week for us.
Can´t wait to go back there.

Room Tip: It doesn´t really matter what kind of room you choose because you are always outside. There are couples activities all the time and romantic spots all over the resort where you can have a drink (try the daily specials) or watch the sunset.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We're so happy that you had a great honeymoon at Sandals Montego Bay. We always strive to create a romantic experience for Two People in Love and I'm so pleased to see that we met that goal as well as exceeded your expectations during your stay. Thank you for your review!

We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I agree with all the other reviewers on this site about how lovely the property was and how nice the staff treated us. However, there were two major things I experienced to make me never want to return to Sandals Montego Bay again in the future.

1) The resort is directly beside the airport. The departing flights take off directly next to and over the resort. The first time I heard one take off, it scared me. If I had known this resort was right next to the airport, I would not have stayed here. It was THAT loud. I cannot stress this enough. I don't know why the other reviewers downplay it and say they got used to it. It rattled me every time a plane took off. Also, the planes take off about every 9-12 minutes in about 3 hour intervals. My boyfriend and I actually timed it one day. I said to him... I can't let other people make this mistake.

2) As if the planes weren't enough..... there was too much 'activity' noise... ALL... THE.... TIME. I got sick of hearing music blaring while I was trying to relax on the beach. I came to the beach to hear water lapping, birds chirping, etc. The DJ that was hosting all the daytime events grated on my nerves.... DAY after DAY after DAY. Then, just when you think things have calmed down, they have the night time activities either in the main hall or on the beach. If you think you're going to have a quiet/romantic dinner, forget it! All the restaurants were open air or outdoors (except Cricketer's), so it is impossible to escape the noise. The music by itself wouldn't be bad, but the DJ/activity coordinator is on the microphone every 10 seconds yelling something to the crowd. It would have been okay "no problem" to just hear the music playing without the annoying banter from these people, but no, they NEVER shut up.

I chose Sandals because it's a couples only resort. When I go on vacation, I don't want to hear a bunch of kids screaming around me. I want peace and quiet. However, I would have taken screaming kids any day over what I had to deal with at this resort. The noise level was absurd. Next time, I'll stay at a kid friendly resort.... miles away from the airport... and one where they respect that I've paid thousands of dollars for a relaxing, quiet vacation.

1  Thank Elizabeth T
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We are an older couple who wanted to just decompress, read some novels, and not need to think about preparing meals. I also wanted to keep up with my exercise and found that the facilities are excellent. This was an almost perfect venue for these activities. But if you are looking for a lot of interesting trips outside the Sandals compound, this is probably not your cup of tea. In fact, I did not feel particularly safe outside the compound.

We had a butler suite and a reserved place on the beach. The butler was very attentive and looked after all the details regarding dinner reservations and outings. I highly recommend this. It is well worth the money. Note, however, that when you tip the butler, you should use cash. If it is charged to your room, Sandals will withhold about 40% in various taxes and the butler may not be able to recover any of it. I think somewhere in the range $30 - $50 per day is appropriate, depending how much you use the butler.

The only downside here is noise from planes taking off; but on the other hand, you can get to and from the airport quickly. Also, watch out for the daily "fogging" with insect repellant, which seems to occur at about 6 p.m. It is effective in keeping the bugs at bay but you don't want to be walking to dinner while they are doing it.

Room Tip: The butler suites are far superior to the others.
2  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at SMB! It was absolutely terrific. The concierge staff took care of us as soon as we stepped on the property until the minute we boarded the bus to leave for the airport. The food was great at all the restaurants...BUT.. The Oleander was the best and our waiter Robert was extraordinary!

Michael and the playmakers were great! The activities were fun to participate in (battle of the sexes) or to just watch.

The room, grounds, and staff exceeded our expectations! Thank you Sandals Montego Bay for a great experience. We cannot wait to return!

3  Thank Holly P

We're thrilled to read that you had an awesome anniversary with us at Sandals Montego Bay. Our staff and service have been the highlight of many reviews and we're so glad that your stay was indicative of the norm! Thank you for your review!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!