5,951 results
All reviewspalms buildingour honeymoonoleander roomalmonds buildingcucina romanatokyo joesstew fishbutler servicepiano barbayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeancafe de parisclose to the airportmain barwater skiingwater sports
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just got back 2 days ago from Sandals, Montego Bay and I wish we never left. It was so beautiful and relaxing. I am not sure if it was just luck, but my husband and I met some incredible people during our trip and they made our stay so much fun. We didn't do anything in particular, other than relax in the sun and laugh on the beach, but it was so needed. However, if you wanted to there were various outside trips you could take and many activities on the resort that you could do (snorkeling, volleyball, dancing, paddle boarding, sailing). We went to the piano bar one night and Cricketers, the mini bar/club, another and had a great time with our new found friends.

We did not have butler service, but we still felt like we were waited on hand and foot. Nothing was an inconvenience for the staff, they were friendly, funny and attentive. You never had to leave your beach chair for a drink, I'm sure my husband would recommend a Jamaican smile to anyone. The food was pretty good at all the places we tried and the nice thing was they had a variety of things for everyone. The one day I just wanted fruit as an afternoon snack and the staff happily made me a plate at the pizza stand. Make sure you get reservations for The Oleander and Cucina Romano as soon as you get there, b/c they get booked fast.

Concerning our room, it was small, but it had a great view and we were only in there to shower and sleep. We would go back in a second. Just as a side note that other reviewers have pointed out, the hotel is right next to the airport, which is convenient for travel time, but you can hear the planes. On the first day the planes are very noticeable, but then they just blend in. I did not hear any flights at night and the earliest I noticed was 8:30am. This would not deter me from staying here again.

2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in October. Absolutely, without a doubt, go butler service- and if you can- Carlene and Shelly! They were the sweetest, most attentive butlers on the whole beach! We had THE best spot reserved for us every morning- with the swim-up bar and hot tub directly behind us and nothing but the ocean in front of us. A nice quiet side of the beach to wind down after a very energy-consuming wedding. They brought food and drinks for us and whoever we happened to be with that day. This time around, my husband and I were so exhausted from our wedding that we didn't partake in many activities (and didn't want to) so the quiet side of the resort was perfect. Our butler booked dinner for us every night so we took her recommendations- but I would skip the dinner on the island at the sister resort- other than a really adorable cat that inhabits the island, it wasn't worth it (and the bugs were the WORST there... I think they were attracted to the resort lotion- which I loved as much as they did). It was dark when we ate so we couldn't even explore it- there was no entertainment or anything going on.

Be prepared if you're going to take a lesson for a water sport you haven't tried before- if a lot of other people want to do it too it could be a long time before you actually get your turn... and the tubing trip lasts all of 3 minutes and they make you sign up again if you want to keep going- even if there is no one behind you. Also, if you're up for snorkeling, don't waste your time with the glass-bottom boat. You take the same boat out to go snorkeling and that's way better.

Even though there's a general no-tipping policy, they allow butlers to receive tips. Ours were worth every cent we left them- and I hope they're there when we decide to go back! We happened to make friends with a couple that had the same butlers and we tried to order at the same time and I really think they appreciated it.

Oh- and not only did the planes NOT annoy me- but I actually became sad to stop hearing them take off all the time- everyone always waived them goodbye!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole S
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. It was an honor to host you for your honeymoon and we're so happy that Carlene and Shelly took excellent care of you. It seems you had an incredible honeymoon stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you for another wonderful vacation!

14-21 DEC 2013

First off let me say that I had to be convinced to stay at an "All-inclusive"! My wife and I tend to be more adventurous and had previously stayed in locations that forced us to "get out". Well, let me say that I am a BELIEVER!!! From arrival the entire experience was awesome!!! We went with another couple who had done other all-inclusive resorts. They too rated this as one of their most enjoyable times (most likely due to my company)!
I read on here how it is loud due to proximity to the Mo-Bay Airport...Hogwash!!! It adds to the ambience and since there are only flights from about 1300 to 1700 local, it is not that bad. AND, it is fun when EVERYONE waves "good-bye" to the departing souls!
We quickly made friends with other couples and groups! (Kansas City, and Green Bay, "GO PACK")

The staff was AMAZING! Kendra, Michael, Shauna were all great fun and had seemingly endless energy! I would wake up for breakfast around 1000, and they would be there. I would go to bed at...I honestly don't remember, and they were there, still having a great time with all the guests!

Stayed in room 410, simple adequate and met alll of our needs. Faces the pool and the East, so the sunrise typically helped me out of bed. Housekeeping was great, turn down service, fresh towels...always good. One thing I would say is, if you don't ask for a "refill" of your refrigerator, it won't happen.

Food-
Not bad, my wife wanted more authentic Jamaican fare but I had no real issues. But then I do not have that discerning of a pallet.

Things to do-
Dunns River Falls and dolphin Cove were great BUT, it is an all day adventure that really works you. Swimming with the dolphins was great, my wife did the ultra experience and just loved it (a bucket list thing for her, I just played in the lagoon with them). Dunns River Falls is great fun and QUITE refreshing! It was better than I expected. After Dunns River you hve a chance to buy pics and or trinkets from the vendors that Norman (more to follow) led us through.
Norman and Barnes were our tour guide and driver respectively. Norman was...absolutely...amazing! He is extremely intelligent and funny, Barnes (his quiet sidekick) drove the bus and took the brunt of the jokes! Lots of fun!
Booze Cruise (Red Dredd)
Wow...what to say? We snorkeled on a beautiful reef and then drank rum punches until we got to "Margaritaville"! Lots of good fun with all of our friends!!

Be sure to take advantage of all of the events the resort has planned daily. You can get this information at your table in the morning when you read the daily Sandals paper. the staff here works very hard to ensure you are not bored...if you don't want to be...you can absolutely lay by the beach all day if you so desire!

THE STAFF WAS SUPER FRIENDLY! No better way to put it!

One point that happened at another Sandals...
We had dinner one night at the Thai restaurant at the Royal Bahamian; the only real cordial person was the hostess. Very disappointing and very quiet! The vibe was more upscale there compared to Mo-Bay, o big deal, BUT I expected to be recognized and treated courteously.

Bottom line we had a great time and met several couples had been to multiple Sandals and flat out stated that "this Sandals is the most fun"! While you can have a quiet relaxing time here, you also can have a loud obnoxious time with new friends make great memories!

We truly try not to go bak to the same place for vacation, but my wife and I will be hard pressed to go to another Sandals without first discussing returning to Sandals Montego Bay!

Thank you for the memories!

Oh yeah, and yes I recommend staying here!

4-5 because, I have yet to stay in the "perfect" place BUT this is the resort that I will compare all others to in the future!

Room Tip: Room 410 shares a wall with the kitchen for one of the restaurants. No big deal until there a people in there banging around on the "early to bed" nights (before 2200)
1  Thank Jason S

Jason, thank you for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. We're thrilled to hear that you and your wife had such an amazing stay at our resort. We love creating wonderful memories for our guests and it seems the team at Sandals Montego Bay did just that. We hope to see you back in the future for another great vacation.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Food – ( Sorry, my comments are relevant to vegetarians , feel free to skip this part )One of the biggest set backs for us to go all inclusive is that we are vegetarians and salads don't seem fancy enough for the price. Sandals MoBay was really exceptional in designing vegetarian options in most restaurant menus( not all, but this is absolutely okay ) The tofu dish at Royal Thai was extremely tasty so were the Entrees at most other restaurants. Even the sea side grill had veggie wraps and burgers! Having tried other all inclusive resorts, this place was truly a heaven. Only minor feedback is that if they can label food in their buffet and menus with a V may be, it would make life even more easier. We had to verify if the soups were made of chicken broth or veggie every time and sometimes people had to go and verify while we waited, not that much of a hassle, but could be avoided. Must mention that people did seem knowledgeable and if they were not aware of the ingredients, would take time to check in the kitchen and come back. Truly appreciate this.

Beach – beautiful location, the airplane noise doesn’t bother after day 1. Plenty of space in the shade and in the sun. Very good service even as you lay down by the beach. The water activities are definitely a big plus.

Entertainment – A big shout out to the entertainment crew. Kendriya, Crazy Michel and Michel in particular ( I think I got the spellings wrong ) . They seemed to work non stop and had unending energy, often walking around , cracking jokes, dancing and helping out. The evening entertainment was good, perhaps not great, but good nevertheless.

Room – The room was comfortable and service was good, we were in a room by the beach. At times it did feel a little noisy during the day but not unbearable.

1  Thank Daab85

We're so happy that you enjoyed your wonderful vacation at Sandals Montego Bay. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and it seems our team was able to make your stay an exceptional one. Thank you so much for your review. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Sandals montego bay went above& beyond all of my expectations!
We stayed for a week in december up through Christmas. Everything about this place is spectacular!
-Short drive to airport- "wave goodbye& kiss your wife!"
-The entertainment is spectacular and the two head entertainers are both stunning& entertaining! " do the kitty kat!"
-food was outstanding! We loved all the restaurants! Our favorites were cucina for breakfast& dinner followed by stew fish& bayside! Toyko joes& cricketers were amazing too though!
-activities! Make sure you get out& do some! We beach pool jacuzzi hopped AND snorkled, tubed,& sailed on top of the additional zipline excursion which was fabulous.
We stayed in the seagrapes, it had an AMAZING! Garden& ocean view! Im glad i didnt upgrade to "ocean view" we had it anyway!
Room was close to the piano bar& swim up bar! Tevin& keylon make the BEST pina coladas in the entire resort.
Jamaica on& off the resort is amazing& beautiful, the people are happy& beyond hard working.
I couldnt imagine a better vacation! The perfect balance of fun, relaxing, and culture!!
Love mobay!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank apemmon2323

Thank you so much for your review. It sounds like you truly had an amazing stay at Sandals Montego Bay. You enjoyed every minute of your vacation spent with us and we couldn't be happier to hear it. We look forward to your return for another awesome visit in the future!