5,954 results
All reviewspalms buildingour honeymoonoleander roomalmonds buildingcucina romanatokyo joesstew fishbutler servicepiano barbayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeancafe de parisclose to the airportmain barwater skiingwater sports
Reviewed December 26, 2013

14-21 DEC 2013

First off let me say that I had to be convinced to stay at an "All-inclusive"! My wife and I tend to be more adventurous and had previously stayed in locations that forced us to "get out". Well, let me say that I am a BELIEVER!!! From arrival the entire experience was awesome!!! We went with another couple who had done other all-inclusive resorts. They too rated this as one of their most enjoyable times (most likely due to my company)!
I read on here how it is loud due to proximity to the Mo-Bay Airport...Hogwash!!! It adds to the ambience and since there are only flights from about 1300 to 1700 local, it is not that bad. AND, it is fun when EVERYONE waves "good-bye" to the departing souls!
We quickly made friends with other couples and groups! (Kansas City, and Green Bay, "GO PACK")

The staff was AMAZING! Kendra, Michael, Shauna were all great fun and had seemingly endless energy! I would wake up for breakfast around 1000, and they would be there. I would go to bed at...I honestly don't remember, and they were there, still having a great time with all the guests!

Stayed in room 410, simple adequate and met alll of our needs. Faces the pool and the East, so the sunrise typically helped me out of bed. Housekeeping was great, turn down service, fresh towels...always good. One thing I would say is, if you don't ask for a "refill" of your refrigerator, it won't happen.

Food-
Not bad, my wife wanted more authentic Jamaican fare but I had no real issues. But then I do not have that discerning of a pallet.

Things to do-
Dunns River Falls and dolphin Cove were great BUT, it is an all day adventure that really works you. Swimming with the dolphins was great, my wife did the ultra experience and just loved it (a bucket list thing for her, I just played in the lagoon with them). Dunns River Falls is great fun and QUITE refreshing! It was better than I expected. After Dunns River you hve a chance to buy pics and or trinkets from the vendors that Norman (more to follow) led us through.
Norman and Barnes were our tour guide and driver respectively. Norman was...absolutely...amazing! He is extremely intelligent and funny, Barnes (his quiet sidekick) drove the bus and took the brunt of the jokes! Lots of fun!
Booze Cruise (Red Dredd)
Wow...what to say? We snorkeled on a beautiful reef and then drank rum punches until we got to "Margaritaville"! Lots of good fun with all of our friends!!

Be sure to take advantage of all of the events the resort has planned daily. You can get this information at your table in the morning when you read the daily Sandals paper. the staff here works very hard to ensure you are not bored...if you don't want to be...you can absolutely lay by the beach all day if you so desire!

THE STAFF WAS SUPER FRIENDLY! No better way to put it!

One point that happened at another Sandals...
We had dinner one night at the Thai restaurant at the Royal Bahamian; the only real cordial person was the hostess. Very disappointing and very quiet! The vibe was more upscale there compared to Mo-Bay, o big deal, BUT I expected to be recognized and treated courteously.

Bottom line we had a great time and met several couples had been to multiple Sandals and flat out stated that "this Sandals is the most fun"! While you can have a quiet relaxing time here, you also can have a loud obnoxious time with new friends make great memories!

We truly try not to go bak to the same place for vacation, but my wife and I will be hard pressed to go to another Sandals without first discussing returning to Sandals Montego Bay!

Thank you for the memories!

Oh yeah, and yes I recommend staying here!

4-5 because, I have yet to stay in the "perfect" place BUT this is the resort that I will compare all others to in the future!

Room Tip: Room 410 shares a wall with the kitchen for one of the restaurants. No big deal until there a people in there banging around on the "early to bed" nights (before 2200)
1  Thank Jason S
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Jason, thank you for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. We're thrilled to hear that you and your wife had such an amazing stay at our resort. We love creating wonderful memories for our guests and it seems the team at Sandals Montego Bay did just that. We hope to see you back in the future for another great vacation.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Food – ( Sorry, my comments are relevant to vegetarians , feel free to skip this part )One of the biggest set backs for us to go all inclusive is that we are vegetarians and salads don't seem fancy enough for the price. Sandals MoBay was really exceptional in designing vegetarian options in most restaurant menus( not all, but this is absolutely okay ) The tofu dish at Royal Thai was extremely tasty so were the Entrees at most other restaurants. Even the sea side grill had veggie wraps and burgers! Having tried other all inclusive resorts, this place was truly a heaven. Only minor feedback is that if they can label food in their buffet and menus with a V may be, it would make life even more easier. We had to verify if the soups were made of chicken broth or veggie every time and sometimes people had to go and verify while we waited, not that much of a hassle, but could be avoided. Must mention that people did seem knowledgeable and if they were not aware of the ingredients, would take time to check in the kitchen and come back. Truly appreciate this.

Beach – beautiful location, the airplane noise doesn’t bother after day 1. Plenty of space in the shade and in the sun. Very good service even as you lay down by the beach. The water activities are definitely a big plus.

Entertainment – A big shout out to the entertainment crew. Kendriya, Crazy Michel and Michel in particular ( I think I got the spellings wrong ) . They seemed to work non stop and had unending energy, often walking around , cracking jokes, dancing and helping out. The evening entertainment was good, perhaps not great, but good nevertheless.

Room – The room was comfortable and service was good, we were in a room by the beach. At times it did feel a little noisy during the day but not unbearable.

1  Thank Daab85

We're so happy that you enjoyed your wonderful vacation at Sandals Montego Bay. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and it seems our team was able to make your stay an exceptional one. Thank you so much for your review. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Sandals montego bay went above& beyond all of my expectations!
We stayed for a week in december up through Christmas. Everything about this place is spectacular!
-Short drive to airport- "wave goodbye& kiss your wife!"
-The entertainment is spectacular and the two head entertainers are both stunning& entertaining! " do the kitty kat!"
-food was outstanding! We loved all the restaurants! Our favorites were cucina for breakfast& dinner followed by stew fish& bayside! Toyko joes& cricketers were amazing too though!
-activities! Make sure you get out& do some! We beach pool jacuzzi hopped AND snorkled, tubed,& sailed on top of the additional zipline excursion which was fabulous.
We stayed in the seagrapes, it had an AMAZING! Garden& ocean view! Im glad i didnt upgrade to "ocean view" we had it anyway!
Room was close to the piano bar& swim up bar! Tevin& keylon make the BEST pina coladas in the entire resort.
Jamaica on& off the resort is amazing& beautiful, the people are happy& beyond hard working.
I couldnt imagine a better vacation! The perfect balance of fun, relaxing, and culture!!
Love mobay!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank apemmon2323

Thank you so much for your review. It sounds like you truly had an amazing stay at Sandals Montego Bay. You enjoyed every minute of your vacation spent with us and we couldn't be happier to hear it. We look forward to your return for another awesome visit in the future!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from Sandals Montego Bay, December 14 - 21.

This is the original Sandals, the flagship. This was our first visit and we'll definitely be coming back.

The food was excellent, lots of choice, the buffets changed theme each day.
We especially liked the Appleton rum sauce instead of pancake syrup and the omelette station for breakfast.
At lunch we loved the jerk chicken and Jamaican beef patties. The service from all the staff was wonderful. We would like to acknowledge Shane, Junior and Robert who always offered that extra bit of attention that made you feel special.

For Supper there are a variety of restaurants on the resort or you can go to one of the other Sandals and enjoy the restaurants there.

We stayed in the presidential suite room 651 and have to thank our wonderful butlers Andrea and Danisha, who made our stay extra special. Also a thank you to Hyacinth (housekeeping).

There is entertainment every night, we enjoyed the steel drums and Casino Night in support of the Sandals Foundation.

A big thank you to Loyde (landscaping) who toured us around the grounds explaining the different types of trees, plants, flowers on the grounds.

We look forward to returning.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, David. It's great to read that you had such an incredible stay at Sandals Montego Bay. We always want our guests to enjoy every minute of their vacation time spent with us and I'm glad our staff took excellent care of you. We hope to see you back again in the near future!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

When you first look at the prices to go to an all inclusive resort like Sandals you would hesitate a little and think "this looks amazing but.. " There should not be a but. You honestly cannot imagine how amazing it is until you experience it and trust me, you won't regret it!

This was the first time going to Jamaica for my boyfriend & I and of course we were one of those "Which resort? Sandals or some other resort?" At first we decided on Sandals but then we found Secrets St James which looked just as amazing. After many hours of researching wondering where to go, which resort, and what room I ended up booking us a room for Secret St James but the next day we already regretted not booking for Sandals. Don't know what came over us but I quickly cancelled our room with Secrets and booked us the Caribbean Luxury room for Sandals Montego Bay. Thank goodness it was available - the rooms went very fast! In the picture on the Sandals website this room had an ocean view and balcony so it was perfect!

With no expectation we arrived at the Montego Bay airport. We found the Sandals Lounge and was welcomed with refreshments. The shuttle ride to the resort was short and fast! Luggage was taken care of and was waiting for us back in our room (amazing). The room was really nice, just as I imagined it to be - balcony with view of the whirlpool and the ocean. Room# 217.

First time there we were greeted by everyone working at the resort - literally! Everyone was sooo friendly and happy. What I really liked about Sandals in Jamaica is that you can stay at one and play & eat at all 3. We went to all 3 to take a look and we personally like Montego Bay the most because the beach is private and looooong. Royal Caribbean's beach is small, but they have an offshore island which was reeeally nice. Royal Caribbean and the offshore island had the best spots of star gazing.

FOOD <3 ..
No matter what restaurant you choose to go the food is just AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS - except Tokyo Jo's (our least fav). I always ordered their signature dishes.

Best food: Our favourite restaurant food was Oleander. White gloves fine dining - no reservation needed! Definitely order their signature lobster dish and the pumpkin soup omg :) My 2 favs!

Best view: For the view the best restaurant would be Regency at Royal Caribbean - outside you get a view of the ocean and a view of the offshore island across. Signature dish charred beef tenderloin was so good my eyes were glowing.

Best appetizer: Scallops at Stewfish

Best service: Every single one of them!

Least favourite restaurant: Tokyo Jo's (beef was not cut good too thick and choppy and it was too cooked). Miso soup was too salty. But the sushi sampler and the sauce for the rice was good.

Lunch buffet was good - a different style of food every day.

Coffee and tea available at the lounge area at all times for you to enjoy.

The drinks were fantastic ;) When I didn't know what to order I always told them to just surprise me and surprisingly they always make something good - but when I asked for less alcohol there was always too much! Haha. The best pina colada we had was at Royal Caribbean offshore island at the swim up bar. I can't remember the bartender's name but he made theee best drinks! Seriously! We ordered another Pina Colada right after we finished the first one.

Beach & Watersports:
The beach is nice and long and best of all - private! Lots of watersports to do but they close very early at 4pm :( and some of them you need lessons which take place early in the morning at 9-9:30am. So make sure you wake up early! Perfect beach for relaxing and what's great is that you can order drinks while chillaxing at the beach. Beach towels provided, pool and whirlpool on all night long for you to enjoy (perfect for night because you can see the stars!) They have different events every night which ends around 10:30pm (not too late). But its loud and lively until 5am in the Cricketer's Pub. If you don't like loud music pick a room further away.
Spa was expensive but the couples hot stone massage felt really good on our last day especially after all the walking around and playing.
Didn't really like how they pressure you to buy the products at the end though. Would've ended better if they just allowed us to look around ourselves and decide whether we wanted to buy anything or not.

Sleep was not too great for me because of the frogs that came out at night. They were really loud but it's ok if you leave music on all night ;)

The service at Sandals is so exceptional it really made our vacation the best vacation ever. All the staff were very friendly, they would say hi to you and smile all the time. They really gave us more than what we expected or would want at a vacation. They won't allow you to open doors yourself or take your own luggage or get your own utensils. When we order drinks that were not available in the restaurant they would go to the bar or the lounge just to get you want you want! And take about secure - this place made us feel so safe! I screamed at night because a frog scared me when we were entering our room. Within seconds somebody came and knocked on our door to check if we were alright. I'm still surprised by how wonderful the security and staff were. It was really the perfect way to spend our 3k! With no doubt at all we will definitely return.

3  Thank TheInseperable

We're thrilled to hear of your excellent stay at Sandals Montego Bay. Thank you so much for your review. We love to hear our guests boast about the incredible moments shared at our resorts and it makes us proud to know that we have created such an amazing experience for you. We can't wait to welcome you again for another wonderful stay!