“WOW, what a great resort with a great staff!”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“WOW, what a great resort with a great staff!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have been vacationing for over 28 years, mostly Cruises, Disney and Clearwater Beach but always wanted to try Jamaica and boy are we glad we did. Easily the most relaxing vacation we have ever been on. The staff was great - we had the butler service and our butlers Andrea and Danesha were fantastic. Everything we asked for (and more) they provided for us. Also, Andrew at the beach bar - give us a Johnny! Great service and a very friendly staff.

We are already booked again for next year. Thanks to all the staff at Sandals for a great vacation. See you soon.

Room Tip: Butler service! It is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,259)
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My DW and I will be leaving for Mo Bay in a couple of weeks. This will be our 9 th vsit to Mo Bay Sandals. This is our 11 th visit to Jamaica and we have stayed in Ocho and Whitehouse and the Royal Bohemian. our last 5 visits have been here, We call Mo Bay Sandals home. We like the people,we do not take friends, we like to meet knew ones there and can do what we want. We have stayed in all room catagories except Oleader. You cannot go wrong with any rooms. It is close to airport, but that is what we love. Your vacation will start when you land. no the pools are not like Whitehouse or Bahammas but the beach is great and the beach bar is reight on the beach. There is a fun atmosphere here. You can have quiet if you want or activites to have fun. There is a mix of Americans, Canadians, other countries, old and young.

3 Thank Bill S
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We're delighted to read that you always have a fantastic stay at Sandals Montego Bay. It's great that you enjoyed every moment of your vacation, especially after so many visits. Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back in a couple of weeks for more incredible experiences.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I are about to embark on our fifth stay at Mobay this February. We've even gotten other couples to try it and they're starting to join us year after year! I love this resort and Sandals so much, I did my MBA capstone on them.

I think the best part of being there is the atmosphere - you really can get beautiful views of the Caribbean any where in the Caribbean. You can get food as good elsewhere, as well. What you can't get is the warmth, attentiveness and fun energy of MoBay. There's a feeling here of genuine relaxation, of a non-stop party (and not the drunken out of control kind, the kind of party that's so much fun, you don't want it to end). I can't think of a single complaint or concern - are they 100% perfect? No. But who is?

I also love the fact, being American, that you meet people from all over the world, not just America. I'm in a different country - I don't want to see my own countrymen (especially since, sadly, most are rude, demanding and ridiculous).

I often see the (few) negative reviews here and laugh to myself. In general, they seem to come from people who just like to complain. There's also another group who need an attitude adjustment. You're in Jamaica. Not America. RELAX and chill. . . whatever you want, you'll get it, just not right this second. Jamaicans' hospitality and service is renown for a reason; don't expect, however, for people to jump when you ask or get things RIGHT NOW. You're in the Caribbean - take it easy. This is vacation. I say all this as a person with a high strung Type-A personality in a fast paced job; it was hard for me the first time to relax, but once I did, I honestly don't think about anything. Need that bottle opener in the room? It'll get there, in the meantime, bum one off the bartender. Need extra soap? They'll get it - jump in the swim up bar in the meantime - how dirty can ya really be?

The other complaint, which I really must take issue with, is the gripe about diving. All I can say, princess, is that they're taking you to controlled, protected coral reef environments. That means they're limited on the dives - you can't have half of the Western hemisphere poking and prodding the reef all damn day long. Book an adventure tour if you want to play Cousteau for a day.

The place is awesome - if you've never been, stop reading these reviews right now and book a trip. You'll have an awesome time.

Can't wait to see the place in less than two months!

Room Tip: Don't book Oleander Rooms - they're above the kitchen, and honestly, for very little more yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank PaulK981011
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandals Montego Bay. We're so thrilled to read that you've had 4 amazing trips with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed our awesome resort and the genuine hospitality of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth stay in the next few months!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is our first time to Sandals and we had a wonderful time. The resort was very well kept up and clean. The food was outstanding and service was great. My wife and had a presidential suite with butler service and it was great. My wife and I didn't have to do anything we had 2 butlers Danisha and Andrea, and they were the greatest. Both of them took care and pampered my wife from bringing her food drinks and even running her baths, they were amazing. I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to enjoy a relaxing time filled with awesome polite staff and beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: If your budget can afford it try a butler service room it's well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis H
Thank you so much for posting about your amazing stay at Sandals Montego Bay. I'm so glad that we were able to make your stay so wonderful. It´s great to know that we were able to meet your expectations and make this an incredible experience for you!

Happy Travels!
Pittsburgh, Pa
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We have been coming to MoBay on and off for 27 years(Honeymoon) so I thought I would put in my two cents. In 27 years not much has changed. Still the great service, friendly people, good food, and quality we have come to expect. Yes, the looks and decor haven't changed much in 27 years, and yes, there are fancier places to go in Jamaica (been to those also) but Sandals is still a great vacation.
Pros: Friendly people. I think every employee except 1 in our entire stay said Hello. Everyone was helpful and friendly No one had their hand out looking for a tip. I would like to put a shout out for the fantastic service we received from Kadian (Toyko Joe's), Sasha (Red Lane Spa), Andre(beach dinner),Marva (photos), and Karen (housekeeping) for being especially great..

Food was decent and plentiful. We like Tokyo Joe's best. I have never liked the Jamaican Pizza in past trips but the Pizza was madeto order and fantastic at the beach grille..

Rooms were clean and we were upgraded to a nicer room without asking.

Cons: The entertainment always leaves a lot to be desired -- however we didn't come for the entertainment.

The price can get expensive when tacking on extras. For example, $42 for WiFi, $280 for massage. However, we're on vacation -- I won't kibble about the cost --- we had a great time.

Just one final complaint (Not Sandals fault). Why do some people feel they have a right to get so drunk, loud , and obnoxious? Just because you pay alot of money doesn't mean you can shout swear word and make rude comments to people as they pass by. Definitately, a few idiots can ruin an other wise nice afternoon and evening.

We met several great people from all over the country and everyone we talked to was having a wonderful time. We will "Soon Come" again!!!!

1 Thank Dave H
We are so thrilled to hear that you've had such wonderful vacations with us at Sandals Montego Bay. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations for 27 years. Thank you for continuing to spend your valuable vacation time with us and we're excited to welcome you again very soon. Thank you so much for your great review!

Happy Travels!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were married on 12/3/13. The wedding staff was AMAZING. Chantelle was the best wedding planner a girl could ask for. She was so attentive and loving. We truly felt like her main priority. The wedding itself was beautiful.. perfect really. Roderick took the most amazing pictures. We originally were only going to purchase 24 images, but after viewing bought a lot more. He has a talent! Everyone at home says that the images are breathtaking. Olivia reviewed the pictures with us and was so helpful on the different packages we could purchase. She was very knowledgeable and patient with us. We couldn't of asked for a better wedding team.

We must say though the resort itself was BEAUTIFUL and WONDERFUL... the staff would be the reason we return to Sandals Montego Bay over any other resort. They made us feel like family. Beautiful people inside and out. All of them work so hard to make the guests satisfied. We have made long lasting friendships and I cant wait to book another vacation to receive that same hospitality. ALL of the employees were really great... everyone always saying hi and extremely friendly.. but I am going to list a few who really went above and beyond for us. Here goes the list of excellent employees that Sandals Montego Bay has (look for them!!!!) : Shannon, Shannoy, Ronroy, Romain, Omario, Olivia, Roderick, Chantelle ,Doneisha, Camore . Every single person listed has a special place in our heart and we are so grateful they gave us such a wonderful experience.

Go get a massage!!! You won't be disappointed!!!! Husband went scuba diving and LOVED it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful wedding with us at Sandals Montego Bay. I know that this was a very special occasion in your lives and we're honored to have had the chance to share it with you. We strive to create romantic and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad we were able to achieve that goal during your stay.

Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back next year for an anniversary to remember!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Sandals standard is certainly at the forefront here in Mobay. Great service and food our room was in the Sea Grapes building which is very close to the piano bar, swim up bar and pool. Away from the busy main beach area a short walk and you arrive at the main pavilion where most of the restaurants are located. 3 require reservations but only one requires resort evening attire (trousers and a shirt with a collar) all others are resort casual which is nice. We enjoyed our stay at Sandals Mobay and being so close to the airport is a big plus with us. Thanks Sandals for the special time we had celebrating our 25th anniversary at your property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy such an amazing anniversary stay. Our team very hard to ensure that we offer the best service possible to our guests and it's great that we were able to make your experience a memorable one.

We can't wait to welcome you back again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay
Half Moon
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!