We were lucky enough to get first-class tickets on Delta via Atlanta to SMB. We had a red-eye with a 2-1/2 hour layover before getting to SMB at 11:30 am. Customs & Immigration weren't too terribly bad. We had about a 10 minute wait at the Lounge then to the resort. We were there at 12:25. We were advised to identify our luggage and continue to the concierge lounge.
** I really think that a place with so many butler suites should have a "Butler Lounge". We did our paperwork and were advised to wait for Craig, our butler.
In the meanwhile I had a champagne and DH requested a shot of Jack and Alford showed up to say hello. We hadn't seen him since the fire at his house so we got a chance to see how his family was doing. He is still wearing a smile. Craig came to meet us and he told us that our room wasn't ready. We hung out at the lobby bar and declined the resort tour. In about an hour our room was ready and we were able to change into our bathing suits.
We were in cottage 8, room 851 and it was exactly what I wanted! It was between the main beach area and the piano bar. Perfect! The room was very nice with a separate living room from the bedroom and a wooden bar area. Everything was very comfortable but the bathroom is not the one shown on the website. It didn't matter to us but I have seen this complaint on the website before about the Bay Roc suites.
Our butlers were Asha & Craig. I loved them. They were extremely attentive and just sweethearts. I had an extensive conversation with Glenroy about customer service and what it takes to offer a guest a great experience. He's the right guy for that job. After all of the things I have heard about the butlers at SMB and how intrusive they are, I was very pleasantly surprised to find this NOT to be the case.
We had reservations made by the butlers for all week.....we only went once to Royal Thai. The butlers were shocked when we did because we actually took the time relax and enjoy each other for a change. We work opposite shifts so we slept in every day. We went from out spot on the beach to the pool bar and back most days. Afternoon nap, dinner in the room, late night at the pub (NBA finals were still going on) and then the piano bar until bed. Mr. Zellner was there to watch the games. I found him to be very charming and amusing.
We haven't been here in 8 years so I have to say that it is a much nicer property than last time with lots of new additions. My hubby was disappointed not to be able to find a hammock though. The fire pits and the areas around them are very nice as are the improvements to both pools.
Saw Dawn Smith and she looks absolutely beautiful. Congratulated her on her promotion and the fact that the place looks great. Met lots of very nice couples from all over the US & Canada.
We liked the older style of the Jerk chicken that wasn't so saucy. I know that Sandals has their own brand now but I still liked the other better.
We approve of the new Bayside menu. DH had lamb chops every day except one in the room.
Stewfish was good (the stuff we got brought to the room).
Buffet was good, as usual and dinner buffet had some good looking stuff like grilled pork chops.
Pizza was good and of course quesadillas and meat patties.
All good. Tough to find Absolut, they had Finlandia. Hubby drank Jack and I drank Appleton. I saw Crown, Jim Beam, Chivas, JW Red & Black, What cracked me up was Pepe Lopez tequila!
We got a driver and went out to the Pelican Bar. That was quite an experience. I quite enjoyed it.
We had great weather the whole time,only one afternoon of rain. I'm sure I forgot something. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay